Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Cleveland Saltwater Enthusiast's Association (C-SEA)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/23/2007, 12:35 PM
15 & Over Club

Talking 28 foot long overflow

My 28 foot overflow

Closer View

Closest View
Old 11/23/2007, 12:41 PM
Premium Member

looks noisy. I'd suggest "herbie's method" or the gurgle buster mods. =)
Old 11/23/2007, 12:44 PM
15 & Over Club

Pleasantly so.

You can hear it from the street and that's 175 feet away and around my house. Several thousand GPH makes nice racket.

Last edited by CleveYank; 11/23/2007 at 12:52 PM.
Old 11/23/2007, 01:50 PM
Registered Member

makes my water fall look tiny
Old 11/23/2007, 03:03 PM
15 & Over Club

Making it Large became necessity

well, I have built garden in the round. So I had to make it large.
And I originally had a small thing plopped in the center there. And it looked goofy. It looked like an after thought.

So 2 or so weeks before my Garden wedding in 2005 bright boy (that's me) decides to "expand" the water feature. Wife shook head at the time and said, "it better not get finished like the day of the wedding". Ouch! Not only was she predictable of my predictability but she was right on the money. So add alot of busting a hump, rock, gravel, sand, concrete block and speed time up to 45 minutes before the wedding. No joke. I finished it up and plugged it in. Looked at it for about 60 seconds and was off like a shot to get ready for the wedding. Fun times.

Version 2.1 will allow it to have walkway over it and connecting stream tunnel that will appear to "disappear" into the far right side and will have self watering and draining planting areas amongst the water outlets to appear more natural with bonsai and a few pines to tie it into the rest of the gardens.

The nighttime photos are the best by far however.
Old 11/23/2007, 03:57 PM
Registered Member

old shot of my falls/pond
Old 11/23/2007, 04:03 PM
15 & Over Club

Nice stuff.

Is that a pine in back? Whatever it is it's overhang helps make the scene and break up the brick.
Old 11/23/2007, 09:10 PM
Registered Member

Yeah its a weeping white pine, expensive sucker. Its almost double that size now. really took off this year.
That small tree to the right of it is a cascade maple, my most expensive tree. It took some serious winter damage last year. this year is geting covered.
Erik
Old 11/24/2007, 10:20 AM
Registered Member

Erik That Looks like a "CHUCK" Hole .. LOL
Old 11/24/2007, 12:31 PM
Registered Member

yep, he taught that class over here for building a pond...nice way for me to get cheap labor
Old 11/25/2007, 08:50 AM
Registered Member

For Sure !! Holes are A B**** To Dig