Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/10/2005, 12:21 AM
Premium Member

Honestly,she knew you went out of your way to do *something* for her that she never got to see but she didn't even bother to try to reach you to say "thanks"..what's up with that?

As for her saying you're sweet..try not to read to much into it..it could mean..gee you're sweet enough to be a real nice friend.

Were you too nervous to ask her out while you had her today?It may have been difficult but at least you would have known her reaction one way or the other.
Old 01/10/2005, 12:44 AM
Registered Member

It was our first day back at school, I want to try and hang out with her sometime. Give the semester some time just keep chatting online and around campus. Then ask once we've all settled down.

Old 01/10/2005, 12:51 AM
Registered Member

Maybe if I play like I don't care, you know the "I'm not interested card" I would get a better reaction.

Does it really work?
Old 01/10/2005, 02:15 AM
Registered Member

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzz get over it! Girls are a dime a dozen in college......enjoy yourself!
Old 01/10/2005, 03:30 AM
Registered Member

You know what else is a dime a dozen? Herpes.

I'd rather be picking with my girlfriends.

Old 01/10/2005, 03:45 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SeanCallan
Maybe if I play like I don't care, you know the "I'm not interested card" I would get a better reaction.

Does it really work?
It's too late to play that card. Also, you probably are already on "the friend list." There's no way going back once you are on the list. Stop being so ______.
go ahead and put whatever word you want to put on the underline above.
Old 01/10/2005, 08:47 AM
Registered Member

Stop being so cool ?

Stop being so awesome ?

?
Old 01/10/2005, 04:57 PM
Byte mechanic

The friend list is hard to get off (no pun!).

However, as an outsider, my advice to you is to just staight-out-and-out ask her out.

Listen, if you are wallowing in friend land, you might entrench yourself further. I think that, since you took some time away from her, you have a chance to NOT be recatagorized as a friend. I say that before getting all "I'm your friend", go for the kill. Flirt more with her. Gauge the reaction, but don't take your time.

Ask yourself if you will regret it if she starts dating some other bozo.

I've been in your situation before, I say you gotta just go for it. If it turns out she "just wants to be friends" then that's fine, you (and the friendship) can survive that...because you've lost nothing if she says "no thank you" but you'll NEVER get anywhere unless you go for it.

Hey, if she shoots you down, at least you'll know and then you can re-focus your attention to other girls, otherwise you are tying up your "resources" on an invalid target when you could be out there shmoozing other girls!

V
Old 01/10/2005, 05:02 PM
in the bathtub

Vince has got right.

It's better to be shot down than to never have flown.

Ed: "I hate to tell you this Dr., but there aren't any fish in that river. In fact, there isn't any river."
Dr. Lao: "That's ok. Me no use bait."
Old 01/10/2005, 10:58 PM
Registered Member

ASK HER OUT! I completely agree with Vince! Don't cook lasagna for her until you have been dating awhile and then you can make her some and have her over for dinner and wine!
Just don't jump into the *This is what I had cooked for you that one night during finals week, when I was thinking of you* until later..it'll be more sweet then!

I do however, think it was pretty stale that she thought it was so sweet of you to think of her and not thank you before Christmas break!

KEEP US UPDATED! I hope this works out for you!
Old 01/11/2005, 12:17 AM
Byte mechanic

Oh yeah, whatever you do, NEVER show her this thread!

V