Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/18/2004, 03:19 PM
Premium Member

I didn't you ventured to the lounge MacnReef. I have nothing else to add to this thread. Chip Douglas, where did you find that test for your system?

My other computer is your MAC.
Old 11/18/2004, 03:20 PM
Proud Father

Hey Ryan...actually I usually don't but I just got HL2 and figured someone in here must be talking about it.

Mike
Old 11/18/2004, 03:25 PM
Reeeeeeefer

Ditto.. lol
Old 11/18/2004, 03:41 PM
Premium Member

LOL, I'm one of the lounge lizards. If they counted the lounge posts I would be over 5000 now. One of the mods said I have over 3500 posts in here. LOL, I have no life.

My other computer is your MAC.
Old 11/18/2004, 04:42 PM
Queen Supreme multitasker

I walked up last night and hubby had on his headphones(the kids were in bed, they don't need the sound of gunfire to sleep by!) I touched him lightly on his arm and his skin goosefleshed out right there. He said "NEVER do that again!!" hahahaha. Said it was just too creepy to be touched when you are listening to creepy music and monsters all over.

I said I was a Halo2 widow, I mean HALF LIFE 2 widow. Those darn H games

Money can't buy happiness, but neither can poverty.
- Leo Rosten
Old 11/18/2004, 06:27 PM
Reeeeeeefer

hey guys, is Half-Life 2 online?? I don't think it is.. but the original HL is... do you know if it is ? or if it will be?
Old 11/18/2004, 06:34 PM

I believe it is. I think hubby plays it online and I know he downloaded it vs buying it in a box

- Leo Rosten
Old 11/18/2004, 06:48 PM
Nigel Tufnel

Quote:
Originally posted by thrlride
I didn't you ventured to the lounge MacnReef. I have nothing else to add to this thread. Chip Douglas, where did you find that test for your system?
it's on microsofts site, I didn't put much faith in it but hl2 runs great on my computer, so I guess it's pretty accurate. My machine more then doubles the minimum requirements so I wasn't really worried but it plays great.
Old 11/18/2004, 07:22 PM
Reeeeeeefer

chip, i need your help! lol ... im so stuck in the game!

I'm at the part where you recieve the motor vehicle.. it has the speed burst and the gun on it.. where are you suppsoed to go with it?!? I have searched that whole map so many times and I cannot find a place to go!!! I'm so frustrated and I have been at it for hours with no luck... if you can describe where i go next that would be a great help
Old 11/18/2004, 08:30 PM
Proud Father

No HL2 is not yet available as a multiplayer online. I hear it will be avail in March of next year.

Mike
Old 11/19/2004, 05:27 AM
Nigel Tufnel

Quote:
Originally posted by OCDP
chip, i need your help! lol ... im so stuck in the game!

I'm at the part where you recieve the motor vehicle.. it has the speed burst and the gun on it.. where are you suppsoed to go with it?!? I have searched that whole map so many times and I cannot find a place to go!!! I'm so frustrated and I have been at it for hours with no luck... if you can describe where i go next that would be a great help
Follow the roads and the lighter area of sand on the hills, the roads appear blocked sometimes with cars but you can usually plow right through them or get out and clear them with bursts from the gravity gun. That part is long.
Old 11/19/2004, 05:28 AM
Nigel Tufnel

I just beat it, took me about 15-17 hours, what a great game. It was amazing. I'll probably go back and try it on hard, I beat it on normal (easy - normal - hard).
Old 11/19/2004, 06:14 AM
Registered Member

u lucky peeps, i want it!!!!! badly!!!!, iv been playin hl and cs here in South Africa for just under 6 years!!
Old 11/19/2004, 09:08 AM
Reeeeeeefer

Chip.. I found out where to go hehe.. I had found that spot so many times but I thought that the entrance that was blocked off was where I came from hehe... so now I am once again.. ripping through the game because I cant stop lol ... it definitely is a great game... and it will win many, many awards

Nappy.. haha sorry to say but you are missing out man! You should order it off of Steam.. that's what I did
Old 11/19/2004, 11:40 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by llpoolej
I believe it is. I think hubby plays it online and I know he downloaded it vs buying it in a box
He's probably playing counter-strike on-line, which is a mod of half-life.
Old 11/19/2004, 04:08 PM

I know he plays counterstrike online. That and Day of Defeat. I thought he was playing Half life 2 online, but hey, I could easily be wrong

- Leo Rosten
Old 11/19/2004, 04:20 PM
Nigel Tufnel

Quote:
Originally posted by llpoolej
I know he plays counterstrike online. That and Day of Defeat. I thought he was playing Half life 2 online, but hey, I could easily be wrong
Half Life 2 is a single player first person shooter. Counter-Strike is an online multiplayer first person shooter. Half Life 2 will have weird looking enemies and huge landscapes and he'll just be walking around by himself encountering enemies as he goes, Counter-Strike will have small maps with human vs. human fighting and lots of gunshots and grenades non-stop until one side wins and the round starts over next time you see him playing you should be able to tell off that info.
Old 11/19/2004, 08:52 PM

Right now he is playing Half life 2. Man, is that a warped game!!! He is killing creepy things attached to peoples heads!!!! There are people hung. YIKES. He said he thinks it can be played online and is going to look later tonight(after a water change!!! which I am about to yell at him to get down here again)

Counterstrike is more WWII ish and more realistic.

Now that you described them, I can tell the difference. He is addicted though!

- Leo Rosten
Old 11/19/2004, 10:14 PM
Registered Member

Hey how do you use the zoom function on MP7 in HL2? I know that there's a suit zoom option but i can't fire any weapon when zoomed in. Is that normal? I've seen in the old videos that you could use the zoom function...Oh yeah, it looks like they took out the OICW after all - WHY?!
Old 11/19/2004, 10:41 PM
Nigel Tufnel

Quote:
Originally posted by Kamko
Hey how do you use the zoom function on MP7 in HL2? I know that there's a suit zoom option but i can't fire any weapon when zoomed in. Is that normal? I've seen in the old videos that you could use the zoom function...Oh yeah, it looks like they took out the OICW after all - WHY?!
The zoom function is part of the suit to see further but it does not allow you to shoot at the same time, mainly because you only get a couple long range weapons through the game. The button just to zoom in on something is Z, the alternate fire option for some weapons is the right-click button on your mouse. What is OICW?
Old 11/20/2004, 02:37 PM
Reeeeeeefer

I havent played in a while, but I'm pretty far.. I will be done the game soon enough. When does Half-Life 2 come out for online multiplayer ??
Old 11/20/2004, 06:01 PM
The Notorious Reefer

Chip, whats the whole story of the game? I never quite understood what it's about.

-The new and improved Lebowski 29 tank, (Oh man, it's so close to being accomplished! It will blow your minds!)-

-Boogie on Raggae Woman-
Old 11/20/2004, 07:13 PM
Reeeeeeefer

Err.. Chip, I'm stuck again lol ... I'm at the part where you cross that bridge like thing.. made of metal.. and then I go to that room once I travel across the bridge... and hit some button.. and then when i left the room i had to destroy another one of those ships.. it's hard to explain , but i'm stuck!
Old 11/20/2004, 08:41 PM
Nigel Tufnel

Unfortunately I don't know the whole story because I didn't play much of half life 1.

Okay, I think I know the point you're talking about. You rocket launch the ship and then there is a point where this walkway is closed off and you have to wait for a drop ship to drop off combine soldiers. Once the soldiers are dropped off they will come at you from the other side of the gate and open it, once you kill them it remains open and you continue on. I hope that's the part you're referring to.
Old 11/20/2004, 09:14 PM
Reeeeeeefer

Hmm, im talking about the part where you have to go back out to that metal bridge for rocket launcher ammo... then after you destroy it where do you go?? what part are you talking about thats broken