Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/16/2004, 02:44 AM
Nigel Tufnel

Half-Life 2

Goes live at midnight PST. I don't own it yet but my computer is ready to play it. Anyone else getting this?
Old 11/16/2004, 06:04 AM
Premium Member

Yes, I can't wait. I just came back from walmart that opens 24 hours and they didn't have it yet. What's up with all these stores opened at midnight for release of halo 2, but not for half-life 2. Come on. Halo is good and all, but nothing that can be compared to half-life. It's been a very long time since I played Counter strike. I am very excited to play it again with improved graphics.
Old 11/16/2004, 12:43 PM
Nigel Tufnel

Quote:
Originally posted by zrograviti
Yes, I can't wait. I just came back from walmart that opens 24 hours and they didn't have it yet. What's up with all these stores opened at midnight for release of halo 2, but not for half-life 2. Come on. Halo is good and all, but nothing that can be compared to half-life. It's been a very long time since I played Counter strike. I am very excited to play it again with improved graphics.
Same, Counter Strike:Source, it's gonna look great. Some of my frineds have already played it.
Old 11/16/2004, 02:12 PM
Reeeeeeefer

Hey haha well I guess you could call me a little bit of a nerd I only play CS and HL... only 2 games that ever interested me!

Counter-strike:Source... is amazing. Ten time better than the original... definitely more addicting!! As for HL2.. I am going home and my Steam should upload it for me! I purchased it off Steam almost a month ago

I'll let yuou guys know
Old 11/16/2004, 02:15 PM
Nigel Tufnel

Quote:
Originally posted by OCDP
Hey haha well I guess you could call me a little bit of a nerd I only play CS and HL... only 2 games that ever interested me!

Counter-strike:Source... is amazing. Ten time better than the original... definitely more addicting!! As for HL2.. I am going home and my Steam should upload it for me! I purchased it off Steam almost a month ago

I'll let yuou guys know
Nice. I played counter-strike from 1.0 to 1.6. I quit at the beginning of this past summer and haven't gone back, but I think I'm going to start again once I get Half-Life 2. I was in CAL league and everything.
Old 11/16/2004, 02:22 PM
Reeeeeeefer

lol CAL .. I only played from 1.5 to 1.6.. I liked 1.5 better. I stopped playing for a while.. because it got boring.. but now it's started the addiction all over again lol! it's weird though, all that "clan" and CAL crap never interested me... that's taking it a little "too far" IMO lol, but if you enjoy it that much then that's awesome.. get your bang for your buck
Old 11/16/2004, 02:26 PM
Nigel Tufnel

Quote:
lol CAL .. I only played from 1.5 to 1.6.. I liked 1.5 better. I stopped playing for a while.. because it got boring.. but now it's started the addiction all over again lol! it's weird though, all that "clan" and CAL crap never interested me... that's taking it a little "too far" IMO lol, but if you enjoy it that much then that's awesome.. get your bang for your buck
a lot of my family and friends played, so starting a clan was easy and fun. My friend Evan's clan were cal-open champions last season or the season before and got moved to cal-main but the team fell apart shortly after when everyone got busy. I was really into it for a couple years and then it kind of old.
Old 11/16/2004, 03:14 PM
the roof is not a table

So, is a coincidence that the guy on the HL2 box looks like Ali G?
Old 11/17/2004, 04:15 AM
Nigel Tufnel

Screenshots

Old 11/17/2004, 04:16 AM
Nigel Tufnel

Old 11/17/2004, 04:17 AM
Nigel Tufnel

I'm moving pretty fast so far, it's a great game. I'm not going to go to fast though because I don't want to beat it in only a couple days like Doom 3. As far as this being better then Doom 3, so far it has been
Old 11/17/2004, 01:11 PM
Queen Supreme multitasker

Hubby has been up and down all night with this game. He actually volunteered to take the kids to go to school, since he was up. Played it till noon ,then went to work. He also plays counterstrike.

It does look cool. but what do I know

Money can't buy happiness, but neither can poverty.
- Leo Rosten
Old 11/17/2004, 03:07 PM
Registered Member

I started playing last night, man is it great. Much better than Doom 3!
Old 11/17/2004, 07:29 PM
The Notorious Reefer

It's out already?

This is the game I've been waiting for, unfortunately my system is nowhere near where I want it..

Geforce 6800
p4 2.0ghz
512 pc2100 RAM
120gb hard drive..

Doom 3 played well on my system, but did give me some lag...

ERRR!!!

-The new and improved Lebowski 29 tank, (Oh man, it's so close to being accomplished! It will blow your minds!)-

-Boogie on Raggae Woman-
Old 11/17/2004, 08:00 PM
Registered Member

get an alienware computer like me , just got this comp last week and wow is it nice!! sooo very fast, and DLS internets not hurtin either lol.
Old 11/17/2004, 09:35 PM
Queen Supreme multitasker

I am a halo 2 Widow.

Money can't buy happiness, but neither can poverty.
- Leo Rosten
Old 11/18/2004, 02:20 AM
Nigel Tufnel

Quote:
Originally posted by lebowski
It's out already?

This is the game I've been waiting for, unfortunately my system is nowhere near where I want it..

Geforce 6800
p4 2.0ghz
512 pc2100 RAM
120gb hard drive..

Doom 3 played well on my system, but did give me some lag...

ERRR!!!
You'll run it, your system is above the minium requirements. Alienware makes a really nice computer if you have the cash, so does Falcon Northwest and VooDoo PC, but I built my own. I found it a lot more cost effective and I was able to choose more specific equipment.
Old 11/18/2004, 09:39 AM
Proud Father

Got HL2 last night...installed it and played for about an hour. Game is AWESOME. Best graphix I have ever seen. I will try to get some screen shots. Currently, I am on the airboat but I have been on it for a while and expect to move onto something else soon. The GUNS, SOUNDS, DETAILS & MUSIC really make HL2 in a league of its own.

Mike
Old 11/18/2004, 09:57 AM
Reeeeeeefer

I'm with you all, just played last night and holy crappers... I love it... it truly is an amazing game. The graphics are stunning... it is quite realistic.

I just got past the airboat part so far, I am so hooked on this game... and I'm not one to sit on a computer all night playing video games.... but I was last night

Great game!!

Scott
Old 11/18/2004, 01:26 PM
Nigel Tufnel

Quote:
I'm with you all, just played last night and holy crappers... I love it... it truly is an amazing game. The graphics are stunning... it is quite realistic.

I just got past the airboat part so far, I am so hooked on this game... and I'm not one to sit on a computer all night playing video games.... but I was last night

Great game!!

Scott
It's one of those games that keeps you going. There's really never a place where you can say "okay I'll stop here for tonight". I told myself I was gonna quit about 20 times last night before I finally just saved and quit. I'm pretty far, I'll probably beat it by tonight or tomorrow.
Old 11/18/2004, 01:42 PM
Reeeeeeefer

Holy crap dude... how much do you play?!?!? I just got to the part where you use the gravity gun... you must like this game a lot

And I totally know what you mean about the game keeping you going... you don't know when to stop hehe..
Old 11/18/2004, 02:37 PM
Proud Father

The game is so exciting. At some points you actually feel like they are after you. There is a part at the beginning where all you have is a crowbar and you have to bust through boxes to get away, that is very exciting.

Mike
Old 11/18/2004, 03:13 PM
Reeeeeeefer

Hey, haha I totally know what your talking about... those soldiers or whatever you want to call them with the masks.. they creeped me out lol .. they were so realistic!

I'm about to play.... I'll probably get sucked in for a few good hours lol!!

Scott
Old 11/18/2004, 03:16 PM
Proud Father

Damn your lucky.

My wife actually banned HL while she is at home...so I only get about 30 mins a night now to play while she is at the gym. I used to play all the time and she got sick and tired of going to bed alone (don't any of you make any smart comments about that ) so she told me that I was not allowed to buy HL2 but I did it anyway and she came home and saw me playing HL2 and she said...how did you get that. I said, its just a trial...lol Then I continued to play and she cooked dinner and started eating without me and that ****ed her off even more. So that is why it has been banned...

Mike
Old 11/18/2004, 03:19 PM
Proud Father

BTW, Chip...I just got your avatar. I hated your avatar because it reminds me of one of the back street boys or nsync (one of the two) and I thought it was just weird. Now I look at it and I get it....