Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/09/2006, 11:05 PM
Registered Member

Our society is doomed

hmmm....just some recent work experiences. we are heading towards extinction

20 year old driving drunk and crashes the parents car...for the second time...parents did nothing to discipline him and all the family did was smurk when he cursed at my Physician Assistment while suturing his face

the 76 year old with amphetamines and opiates in his drug screen..ya wonder why he was outside rolling around in the dirt

the teenagers who are trying to get pregnant, and when they get an STD, they just shrug their shoulders and say "ok"

having drunks about 5 times the legal limit and still walking, then the lingering stench of urine as they just let loose on themselves

the kid holdling the roman candle out the window and it shoots through the sleeve of his shirt

then i come home today and see someone smoking from what looks like a crack pipe while driving around the neighborhood

ugh
Old 07/10/2006, 12:01 AM
Premium Member

sounds like you need some vacation time. seeing that stuff day to day is enough to bring anyone down
Old 07/10/2006, 12:11 AM
Team RC Member

You need some time on a beach or in the woods...birds singing. Wind blowing. Seagulls stealing your sandwich....

"Make haste slowly." ---Augustus.

"If anything CAN go wrong, it will, and at the worst possible moment."---St. Murphy.
Old 07/10/2006, 01:06 AM
Registered Member

And your not used to that stuff by now? How long have you been on the east coast again there doc? Seriously I havent been "home" in years and that doesnt surprise me a bit. What area are you in, highland park, towson, etc?
Click the red house for our clubs website!

I do not scare easily however I will not be be back, nor with greater numbers.
Old 07/10/2006, 01:30 AM
Registered Member

yeah people are stupid, there is no denying that. take a deep breath and dont let them suck you up into the drama and if it becomes to much a vacation is in order.

Ashley
Old 07/10/2006, 01:31 AM
Moved On

Well you do live in Baltimore. Not exactly paradise on earth over there.
Old 07/10/2006, 05:40 AM
B'rer Reefer

I'm in the Outer Banks of NC right now. Didn't see any of that stuff yesterday. Probably won't today either.

:hint:
Old 07/10/2006, 08:10 AM
Moved In

Aww, I knew them same stupid people 30 years ago!

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 07/10/2006, 04:17 PM
Registered Member

Re: Our society is doomed

Quote:
Originally posted by beaniebeagle

20 year old driving drunk and crashes the parents' car...for the second time...parents did nothing to discipline him and all the family did was smurk when he cursed at my Physician Assistment while suturing his face.
I think I might've been a little less careful suturing his face after this.

the 76 year old with amphetamines and opiates in his drug screen..ya wonder why he was outside rolling around in the dirtSad....sad....sad

the teenagers who are trying to get pregnant, and when they get an STD, they just shrug their shoulders and say "ok"And some STDs these days can make you insane or even kill you.

having drunks about 5 times the legal limit and still walking, then the lingering stench of urine as they just let loose on themselves.

the kid holdling the roman candle out the window and it shoots through the sleeve of his shirtAnd that is karma.

then i come home today and see someone smoking from what looks like a crack pipe while driving around the neighborhoodI was picking up trash at entrance to subdivision a couple of months ago and found 2 syringes in the grass.

ugh
Old 07/10/2006, 04:59 PM
Registered Member

Re: Our society is doomed

Quote:
Originally posted by beaniebeagle

20 year old driving drunk and crashes the parents car...for the second time...parents did nothing to discipline him and all the family did was smurk when he cursed at my Physician Assistment while suturing his face

the 76 year old with amphetamines and opiates in his drug screen..ya wonder why he was outside rolling around in the dirt

the teenagers who are trying to get pregnant, and when they get an STD, they just shrug their shoulders and say "ok"

having drunks about 5 times the legal limit and still walking, then the lingering stench of urine as they just let loose on themselves

the kid holdling the roman candle out the window and it shoots through the sleeve of his shirt

then i come home today and see someone smoking from what looks like a crack pipe while driving around the neighborhood

ugh
I know what you mean... I had been a volunteer in ER for quite a while, and then decided to switch after seeing some rather unusual and often dismaying things. However, the staff wasn't too polite or caring either (excluding doctors and new nurses).
Old 07/10/2006, 09:55 PM
Registered Member

here's to help top the day with joy

nurse assaulted tonight while psych patient wanted to use the phone

man, i cant wait for the liveaboard diving trip next month in the Solomans