Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge

Old 12/27/2004, 11:47 AM
Monkey

What are you returning?

So - with the flurry of Xmas gifts, which presents are you (or your kids/family) returning?

We got a gift from my wife's sister in law for the kids. REALLY big hotwheels race set, LOTS of pieces to put together, absolutely zero coolness - just ridiculous amounts of time put into assembly and about 2 minutes for the kids to play with it and destroy it.

Stuffed it back in the box - and back it goes. I think we need to send a message to the toy companies that if the toy sucks, they'll be getting it back as a return.

We'll also be returning a playmobile set - Great stuff - but wasn't opened. They have too many other "little pieces" type toys.

What did you (or will you) return?
Old 12/27/2004, 12:08 PM
I yam what I yam

NOTHING. Everything we and the kids got is perfect so nothing goes back. Guess we got lucky.

Have you THANKED a Veteran lately for the freedoms you take for granted each day?
Old 12/27/2004, 12:22 PM
Reefer

Nothing here either.
Old 12/27/2004, 03:56 PM
Salty Pirate

Electronic drum set purchased for my 3 year old by my brother (Uncle D) who has no kids...I'll get him back one day if it kills me.

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff!
Old 12/27/2004, 03:58 PM
RC Staff & Thread Pirate

nada

Nuclear winter solves global warming.
Old 12/27/2004, 04:15 PM
I have no catchy title

Not Christmas related, but for my kid's 3-year birthday a month ago some friends of ours proclaimed that they got him the coolest gift ever. It turned out to be hollow plastic percussion tubes that are tuned to A, B, C, D, E, F and G, that are good for nothing except beating people with. He even calls them swords.
Old 12/27/2004, 04:30 PM
Registered Member

ecugman, don't return the drums. save 'em for when uncle D has kids. just keep 'em hidden for now.

what i'd really like to return are all of the calories i consumed over the past week. ugh!
Old 12/27/2004, 05:07 PM
Premium Member

I wish I could return that "Coral Sea Dreaming" DVD. Totally lame and annoying. Oh, and the music ....
Old 12/27/2004, 06:58 PM
Registered Member

The only thing I'm thinking of returning is a pair of gold hoop earrings my husband bought. I love them, but they don't say the karat gold they are, so I'm afraid he got ripped off. They cost him $70 on sale, so the price sounds right, but I don't want to have them turn my ears green a few days after wearing them.
I'm going to take the money and go buy different hoops, that I'm SURE are real.
Old 12/27/2004, 07:30 PM
Call Me Ishmael...

Quote:
Originally posted by dogfacepuffer
The only thing I'm thinking of returning is a pair of gold hoop earrings my husband bought. I love them, but they don't say the karat gold they are, so I'm afraid he got ripped off. They cost him $70 on sale, so the price sounds right, but I don't want to have them turn my ears green a few days after wearing them.
I'm going to take the money and go buy different hoops, that I'm SURE are real.
Check the post of the earring. It should be stamped there. (You'll need a magnifing glass to read it....)
Old 12/27/2004, 07:32 PM
Reefer

Quote:
Originally posted by ecugman
Electronic drum set purchased for my 3 year old by my brother (Uncle D) who has no kids...I'll get him back one day if it kills me.
Hee hee, I wished I'd had friends with kids the right age for RoboSapien, the ultimate parent spinal chord killer!
Old 12/27/2004, 08:54 PM
Registered Member

I'm not returning anything. But the paybacks will come when my brother has kids, and then...oh the sweet blessed revenge that will be mine to savor...
Old 12/27/2004, 10:21 PM
Monkey

Quote:
Originally posted by pnosko
Hee hee, I wished I'd had friends with kids the right age for RoboSapien, the ultimate parent spinal chord killer!
I got one for my 5 year old - it's actually pretty cool..
Old 12/27/2004, 10:49 PM
Registered Member

As for the drum set, like it was stated revenge can be sweet... My sister and I used to do this when our kids were smaller... We used to search for the noisiest gifts possible, or the most annoying!!! It was sooo much fun, then when we'd babysit for one another, we'd send that gift right along if it was small enough... The drumset that I bought her sons the one year was the best ...
We did some returns today, not bad at all... Some jeans for my 11 yr. old just needed a different size, her watch needed some links taken out, and my boys sweatshirt had to be returned as it was a zipper front... he won't wear it... and my youngest had a Bratz mini bus to return, as she got the same thing from my brother... Hopefully we will return to the Mall this week, and finish up their spending of the $$$ they got back... Still debating on whether or not to return the Panasonic dvd/vcr recorder or not ... Not sooooo bad at all...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

TheBimbo

so...what are you wearing...?

panties...?

lace panties...?

that's what I'm wearing - ScubaDave and the telemarketer...

Life can be short, just like me... Live it to the fullest!!! Family is always there for you NO matter what, just like a "true friend" would be... A cheat is a cheat, and are always busted...
Old 12/27/2004, 11:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dcoufal
Check the post of the earring. It should be stamped there. (You'll need a magnifing glass to read it....)
Thank you, I used our tank magnifying glass, and after searching and squinting, I found the 14k stamp.
So, I guess I'm not returning anything. YooHoo!!!!
Old 12/28/2004, 01:14 AM
Registered Member

Every peice of clothes my parents got me with out me being there.
Old 12/28/2004, 08:29 AM
Fish nerd

The Icee maching my mom got for my oldest. She's been begging for an ice cone maker like grandma's, but it looks like grandma didn't realize the difference. I had 3 begging girls waiting expectantly for an icee yesterday while I struggled and complained with that stupid machine! Never accomlished anything more than making juice cold. I think it'll go with the girls the next time they visit grandma--then SHE can cuss at it! LOL

While I'd love to also return the Polly Pockets and their million and one pieces, the girls already ripped them open and lost half the pieces by the time we got home with them. I HATE tiny pieces....

Also had to return my new PFO hood that I've been waiting for since Dec 8. It arrived, broken. Grrrrr....

Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.
-George Eliot
Old 12/28/2004, 08:40 AM
Moved In

Nope just got the car! Think I'll keep it!

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 12/28/2004, 11:16 AM
Registered Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by catdoc
[B]The Icee maching my mom got for my oldest. She's been begging for an ice cone maker like grandma's, but it looks like grandma didn't realize the difference. I had 3 begging girls waiting expectantly for an icee yesterday while I struggled and complained with that stupid machine! Never accomlished anything more than making juice cold. I think it'll go with the girls the next time they visit grandma--then SHE can cuss at it! LOL

I did the same thing lastyear with the kids... I got the Icee, and the McFlurry one.... Lets just say that both of them are the worst inventions, I'll take the kids out to buy a flurry or and Icee before I ever attempt that again!!! We did get them puzzles for Christmas, and I am still attempting the one 500 piece, it's on the table... I am now in the leafy green section, I think I may box it up and ship it over to my dad!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

TheBimbo

P.S. dc: I think I'd keep the car too...

so...what are you wearing...?

panties...?

lace panties...?

that's what I'm wearing - ScubaDave and the telemarketer...

Life can be short, just like me... Live it to the fullest!!! Family is always there for you NO matter what, just like a "true friend" would be... A cheat is a cheat, and are always busted...
Old 12/28/2004, 11:37 AM
Premium Member

My daughter is into My Little Pony right now and has many of them. She got a four pack og ones she already has. She also got a stuffed my little pony that she already has.

My other computer is your MAC.
Old 12/28/2004, 11:44 AM
Grouper Pooper Scooper

My 15 month-old little girl is into everything ELMO!! I have Elmos everywhere that I look, and she still can't get enough. My world has become Elmo's world.
Old 12/28/2004, 12:06 PM
Loan Shark Willy

nada, all the stuff i don't want/need will be "regifted" in the future. hehehe
Old 12/28/2004, 12:23 PM
intergalatic hitchhiker

no need to return anything this year. its a first- I still cant believe everyone got the sizes right this year-

I, personally, have never wished to be a hot dog
Old 12/28/2004, 01:26 PM
Registered Member

i'm returning my nintendo ds.....but only because of a dead pixel so i'm getting another one
Old 12/28/2004, 05:06 PM
Registered Member

I do have to say that my 87 year old grandmother gave me a gift that will be a great white elephant at my work party next year! Can't return it because I know she got it free in the mail. That's about it on the don't want list.