Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Connecticut Area Reef Society (C.T.A.R.S.)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/04/2008, 01:46 PM
Premium Member

getting 1400KW credit from CL&P

Hi All,

just got a call from CL&P today saying they are giving us a 1400KW credit do to a voltage problem we have had for the last few years. They changed out a transformer and wires that had been feeding 7-11 house. The old transformer was only made to supply 2 homes. Our bill was running $400, last few have been around $200. I should here from the claims department in two weeks about all the stuff that burned out do to wrong voltage.

Bob

ps. got to keep your eye on them.

Tomorrows another day, the sun will shine again. me
Old 01/04/2008, 03:56 PM
Registered Member

Well, at least you're getting something. 1400kw's doesn't seem like much of a credit though based upon your bill difference. I use close to that every month on my house.
Old 01/04/2008, 07:46 PM
Premium Member

Yea I hear you. But better then what I thought they were going to say the big 0.

Can't wait to see what the claim department comes up with. 60"HD Sony, 3 computers, 3 micros, a freezer, dishwasher and other stuff I can't even remember burned out from wrong voltage.

Old 01/05/2008, 10:46 AM
Registered Member

I am still fighting with Cl&P to repair, replace over $15,000 worth of electronics, tvs, etc....they denied the claim....the case is going forward with lawyers and etc....

Be forwarned, CLP will take their time, and not be kind...thats been my experince.....so far..

T
Old 01/05/2008, 05:03 PM
Premium Member

They were not doing anything for me until I wrote to the watch dog guy in the HC newspaper. After that they have not stopped calling me with updates telling me what has been going on with our case.