Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > East Tennessee Reef Club
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/03/2007, 08:51 PM
Hmpfh! No more potlucks.

Lemongrass

It used to be Mike Teague's favorite restaurant in Maryville. We talked about going to it a million times and never did.

WELL...they just opened another Lemongrass on Executive Park Dr...right near where I live. Like literally a half mile max!

Anyone want to go?

I tried their masaman curry....I've got sushi sitting on my table waiting to try as well.

It's thai and sushi and it's great...not all you can eat....but great.
Old 10/03/2007, 09:03 PM
1 clown short of a circus

Never been, but I'd like to try it! We were just talking about Thai today (no Thai in Jefferson City that I'm aware of )
Only thing is that I couldn't meet-up until about 7-7:15.

Matt
Old 10/03/2007, 09:39 PM
28" Rainbow Trout

I've tried Lemongrass Maryville = above good. There's a new Sushi place in Maryville I might like better; Nanha ??? I forget... Graham and I have been. But they have a one handed sushi chef or something so it takes a full hour for lunch.

--- Graham says "hi" everyone. Brewed beer with him 2 wks ago. Interestingly, it as difficult or more than SW tanks. And he's building the kick A$$ automated brewery; same concepts as SW but different techniques.

I'm off to Miami and the Keys come Friday so this may be the second sushi mtg I missed while in Miami. I dont mind. Hope a hook in the lip will be the least of my worries. I dont plan on driving while I'm there, that's for sure! Outlook: Black fin tuna, Mahi, Sails, Mutton, Grouper, Trout and if I dont have a dozen lobster tails I better stop at the fish market on the way home (says my wife).
Old 10/04/2007, 06:06 PM
Hmpfh! No more potlucks.

I like Graham.

Matt...that's fine with me. I've been working late as H-E-double hockey sticks lately.

I wouldn't mind meeting up late! I can't do it this Tuesday or Wednesday, but can Monday, Thursday, or Friday even. I need to call Randy as he's not checking the board right now.
Old 10/04/2007, 06:18 PM

Say hi to Graham for us Don, and have a productive fishing trip!

Sounds good Mel, I think I'm free most of those evenings. I will check with Donny and Trey too. I'm not sure they check the boards too often either.
Old 10/04/2007, 09:02 PM
New Aquatronica Fan

Matt... I just want to ask... exactly how many clowns does it take to have a circus?

Brandon
Old 10/04/2007, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by NeveSSL
Matt... I just want to ask... exactly how many clowns does it take to have a circus?

Brandon
You are the first to ask Brandon...to borrow another RC member's words,
How many Jelly Beans can you fit into a Tahoe?

My father once told me that I was "one fry short of a Happy Meal;" but somehow I don't think the exact number of fries was on his mind
Old 10/04/2007, 11:10 PM
How a relationship works

i say 8 billion jelly beans in a tahoe

Superman puts on Tim Tebow pajamas when he goes to bed

The Heisman as a sophomore nuff said
Old 10/05/2007, 12:05 PM
Hmpfh! No more potlucks.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fishboy42
My father once told me that I was "one fry short of a Happy Meal;" but somehow I don't think the exact number of fries was on his mind
Your dad is so funny...intimidating...but funny.

To hijack my own thread...Matt...you guys have any plans to go pick pumpkins at that Jefferson county pumpkin patch or to go to the haunted corn maze?

Here's the information:
Ballinger Farm Crazy Maze - pumpkin patch-pick in the field, pumpkin patch- already gathered from the field, corn maze, haunted corn maze, child-sized haybale maze, tractor-pulled hay rides, snacks and refreshment stand, restrooms, picnic area, petting zoo, farm animals, school tours
2738 Renfro Rd , Jefferson City, TN 37760. Phone: 865-475-7513. Email: damaha250@aol.com. Directions: Directly across from Cherokee Dam on Hwy 92. Call for further directions. And for a map to our farm, click here. Crops are usually available in September, October. Open: Monday - Thursday By appointment. Friday. 6 pm to 10 p.m. Saturday 10 am to 10 p.m. Sunday 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. Corn Maze will be open from SEPTEMBER 15 - NOVEMBER 1, 2007. Haunted Corn Maze will be open October 19, 20, 26, 27, 29-31. Payment: Cash, Check. EXTRAS FOR EVERYONE: Straw Bounce, Duck Race, Milk-A-Cow, Corn Sheller, & Calf Roping.

I'm always up for a cow-milking / calf-roping good time.
Old 10/05/2007, 12:18 PM
Registered Member

If a Tahoe is 200 inches x 79 inches x 75 inches and it was not shaped like it is, but rather in the form of a rectangular cube, it would have a volume of 1,185,000 cubic inches. If 4 jelly beans could fix into one cubic inch, it would take 296,250 jelly beans to fill a wierd shaped Tahoe not counting the motor, seats, and other stuff that takes up room.

Eddie
Old 10/05/2007, 01:11 PM
Registered Member

Man!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't divide by 4, multipy by 4. So, 4,740,000 in a wierd shaped Tahoe.

Jelly Belly Candy Company can produce 100,000 pounds of Jelly Belly beans a day, or 347 beans a second.

3 hours and 47 minutes to fill a wierd shaped Tahoe.

Last edited by TriMax; 10/05/2007 at 01:16 PM.
Old 10/05/2007, 05:34 PM
Hmpfh! No more potlucks.

hah hah...thanks Eddie. I actually very much enjoy math!

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!!!

Some of us are meeting around 7-7:30 on Sunday at Lemongrass out west. It's on executive park dr, right off cedar bluff. It's in that shopping center where there used to be a Food City...it's got a shell right there...near the post office. Call information if you don't know what I'm talking about.
Old 10/07/2007, 02:20 PM
Hmpfh! No more potlucks.

^bump
Old 10/07/2007, 02:34 PM
Registered Member

Is anybody going? Also, 7 or 7:30?
Old 10/07/2007, 04:35 PM
I'm not a morning person!

Max and I will be there.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap!
Old 10/07/2007, 08:54 PM
Keeping It Real

It was very good... Any of you all unable to make it, should definately try Lemon Grass sometime...

Its not a hobby... Its a way of life...
Old 10/08/2007, 09:09 AM
Registered Member

Hmm I love Thai, just haven't found one in Knox I like yet.

Anyone a PF Changs fan? If so we should try there sometime for those who do, they have enough vegetarian stuff there for me thats why I prefer it to other places.
Old 10/08/2007, 11:42 AM
New Aquatronica Fan

Thanks, Matt! I was wondering...

I like PF Changs. I oddly enough think Pei Wei is possibly better, which is literally a fast-food version of PF Changs (they own it ), but its all good!

Brandon
Old 10/08/2007, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ct_vol
It was very good... Any of you all unable to make it, should definately try Lemon Grass sometime...

Great food and great company...we have to do it again sometime!
Old 01/04/2008, 07:40 AM
Keeping It Real

Bump...

Ok, I think its Lemon Grass this time, since we went to Sakura last time...

Who all is in???

When???

Old 01/04/2008, 05:01 PM
Hmpfh! No more potlucks.

OOOH OOOH...meeee meeee!!!

Whenever and wherever...though I have to admit to being a bit PO'd now that I don't like within walking distance to the restaurant. hah hah. It was a lot easier to get to it when I didn't live on the SOUF SIDE!
Old 01/04/2008, 05:06 PM
Keeping It Real

I'm sure your new residence is of higher quality than your past hovel...

Old 01/04/2008, 05:08 PM
Hmpfh! No more potlucks.

Oh lord...hah hah...it's lightyears different.

I've got hardwood floors, an attic, and an actual (in the ground) basement. It's friggin' awesome. I've even got a yard and will have a garden again this summer. I'm so excited.

Don...look out for some more good salsa! Here we go again (once I get the garden in, that is).

Oh and...98 more posts to go!
Old 01/04/2008, 05:13 PM
Keeping It Real

Maybe I'll actually make you my good guacamole one day... Nothing beats homemade salsa though... Do you put a lot of cilantro in it???

Old 01/04/2008, 05:32 PM
28" Rainbow Trout

I called to see if they run any discounts on any certain night of the week - nope. However he said they have a coupon in the Mint Magazine for buy one get one free. I tried their Mint's website but a search for lemongrass came up empty. I wonder if the wife has thrown ours out with the junk mail...

you can view Lemon Grass' menu online: http://www.mylemongrass.com/sushimenu.html