Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Arizona - Fish & Reef Aquarium Group (FRAG)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/03/2008, 03:31 PM
Registered Member

The (not so) Newtanksmell Junktacular Giveaway !

In keeping with the tradition around here of helping new reefers, it is once again my turn to give back.

I want to thank all of the vets that took the time to help me by answering a plethora of stupid newb questions. Special thanks to Tiffanie, Norm, Buffalo, Baja, Phil, Rob, Kirsten, Jesse, Zman and anyone else I missed for going way out of your way help me realize a childhood dream of successfully ( mostly) keeping a reef tank. With all the smack talk around here lately, I believe it is especially important to thank those that work diligently to help those new to the hobby.

This is mostly stuff I no longer need, grew out of, upgraded when money allowed, or just flat went another direction. I hate to toss it when someone could surely use it. Yes , I cherry picked through it for a future for sale list. Still, someone new to the hobby (read Poor) might be able to put some of this stuff to use.

There are also a few corals here. Starter stuff. I am painfully pulling things to make room for new expensive shiny things.

I'm at I-17 and Thunderbird. Pick up time will be Saturday from 9 am to 3 PM. I have a wine tasting out at Verrado Saturday evening so please honor the time commitment.

Please choose one or two items so we can spread it around. I'll post a free for list Saturday morning. Also, please dont ask for something and not show. I will be forced to wish a plague upon your tank. Post or PM is fine.

With that grand oratory, let's get on with the trash/treasure:

PARTS/EQUIP

Instant Ocean stand up Hydro. A POS but I calibrated at 80F. Some cash strapped person could use for now to stay out of trouble until they can afford something more accurate. I have two of these.

Hydor Flo – Ran it for no more than an hour. Didn’t work for my application. Box and installtion instructions included.

Intermatic heavy duty single plug timer – Used for 2 days before going to a strip. This is a single plug unit.

Tetratest – Inexpensive master test kit covering everything for a person new to reefing. Again, not my favorite test kit, but it saved my fanny more than once. Use it until you can afford the Big boy/girl individual test kits.

Oceanic pump. Stock pump out of BioCube 29. I used it for a while. May run for a year. May wet the bed tomorrow.

Seio M1100 covers extra parts etc. No pumps, just all the extra junk that comes with them.

Polyester Filter Fiber – 2 bags brand new. Let’s just say I overbought for my nano.

Uniseal 2inch x 2. Brand new never used. Pipe up big tankers !

CHEMS

Purple Up – Not for long term use in my opinion as it WILL cause water param problems if used for prolonged periods. I used to kick start coralline on a new tank.

Seachem Reef advantage Magnesium - 10 oz. I buy in bulk now.

Seachem Adantage Calc – 8 oz. Again I buy bulk so no need to keep.

Seachem Reef Kalcwasser 8 oz. No longer need.

FOOD

Purple Sea Veggies by Julian Sprung

Green Sea Veggies by Julian Sprung

MACROS/CORALS

KNOWN PESTS: Aiptasia and bubble algae. I have seen 1 flat worm in the last three weeks. I refuse to dose my tank as I hardly ever see them and I dont want to kill inverts/pods.

Graci – Sometimes red, sometimes blue. Was growing like a weed in my tank. 4 pcs. Great macro of feel free to use this a starter colony to feed your fish.

Toadstool Algae – These are the little algae balls. They are slow growers and will not spread throughout your tank, unless sucked through a pump. Pods and bristle worms love them.

Purple rim cap – Multiple frags. Great starter cap. Grows quickly.

Pavona – Got this from Tiffanie. I love the little frag but I have to make room.

Red Monti cap – From Azredneck. Red with pink polyps. Every time I touch this cap, polyps turn red for two weeks. Give it some time
Multiple frags.

Neon GSP - I cant remember if this originated from Jesse’s colony of Jeremy’s colony. I have 4 pcs, each approximately 2 inch x 2 inch minimum.

Thanks for looking and again, BE SURE TO THANK THOSE THAT HELP YOU !
Old 01/03/2008, 03:59 PM
Registered Member

Will this pump work for curing live rock in a tub or for turning salt mix or moving water from 1 bucket to another??? If so I could put it to use unitl it dies...

Oceanic pump. Stock pump out of BioCube 29. I used it for a while. May run for a year. May wet the bed tomorrow.
Old 01/03/2008, 04:03 PM
Registered Member

Will turn water in a 5 gallon. Not a 30 gallon.

Nowhere near enough turn over for curing liverock.
Old 01/03/2008, 04:03 PM
Registered Member

I would love the purple up and Kalwasser but I have a few things going on on Sat and may not be able to hit that time frame. I will try my best.
Old 01/03/2008, 04:17 PM
Registered Member

Ooh Buckeye. I'll be headed out your way and be in the vicinity between 4:30 and 5 PM on way to verrado or whatever that silly neighborhood is out there. We can do a Circle K Drive by if that helps.
Old 01/03/2008, 06:01 PM
O-Qua Tangin Wann

Seachem Reef advantage Magnesium - 10 oz. I buy in bulk now.

Seachem Adantage Calc – 8 oz. Again I buy bulk so no need to keep.

Red Monti cap

I would like these three if they have not been spoken for.
Old 01/03/2008, 06:18 PM
Registered Member

Done Badfish, they're yours.
Old 01/03/2008, 06:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by newtanksmell
Ooh Buckeye. I'll be headed out your way and be in the vicinity between 4:30 and 5 PM on way to verrado or whatever that silly neighborhood is out there. We can do a Circle K Drive by if that helps.
sounds easy enough...how late is your wine tasting at Verrado? there is a chevron station at the Jack Rabbit exit that would work well...right off the I-10...also a circle K but its a bit down the road to the South.
Old 01/03/2008, 06:24 PM
O-Qua Tangin Wann

Thanks oldtanksmell. Your not exactly new any more.
Old 01/03/2008, 06:53 PM
Registered Member

Chevron works for me. I hunted out there a while back. Is J R Trail west of the Verrado exit?

I have to be at tasting prior to 5:30. SO fivish. I'll PM you cell number and if you like, I can call when im 10 minutes out.
Old 01/03/2008, 06:57 PM
Registered Member

Do you still have any of the corals left? If so, I'd love them. I'm trying to get my tank going, but only have a couple frags so far. I'm located in Mesa, are you anywhere near by?
Old 01/04/2008, 03:34 PM
Registered Member

Yes sir there are some things left. Work is a zoo. Trying to wrap up. I will post an updated list and PM everyone my addy. If you can let me know what time you intend to be by, I'd be grateful.
Old 01/04/2008, 04:14 PM
O-Qua Tangin Wann

Quote:
Originally posted by newtanksmell
Yes sir there are some things left. Work is a zoo. Trying to wrap up. I will post an updated list and PM everyone my addy. If you can let me know what time you intend to be by, I'd be grateful.

Is 9 or 10am ok with you? I am at 67th Bell. Not far from you at all.
Old 01/05/2008, 12:32 PM
O-Qua Tangin Wann

Has any one got a pm from newtanksmell about directions?