Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04/13/2007, 08:51 AM
Registered Member

flam angel and anemone problem

I have a flame angel that is dong great. The angel though is diving into my anemone like a clown and seems to be trying to hang around the anemone ALOT. The angel is also getting stung and you can see the small faint black spots. The anemone closes up more now and just does not look as happy since my beautifull flame angel has started doing this. Has anyone ever seen this before between these two creatues? I thought only clowns and a couple crabs would pair with anemones. Also will this "diving" the angel does hurt my anemone and eventualy stress it out to where it would die later on? And will the stings on the flame angel heal up and will it get its color back?
thanks for any input/advice
-Nika
Old 04/13/2007, 09:26 AM
Registered Member

What kind of an anemone is it?

Maroons can keep other fish out of thier 'nem. I would doubt that percs or oscs would be bold enough to oust the established angel.
Old 04/13/2007, 10:15 AM
Registered Member

It is a LTA.
Old 04/13/2007, 10:22 AM
Registered Member

If the 'nem will eat, then I would guess that it is fine. The fish should heal if/when it ever stops.

I don't think that an LTA is a thread to catch the fish. It sure is strange that the angel does this.
Old 04/13/2007, 01:01 PM
Registered Member

Yeh that was my other concern about the LTA eating the flame angel. I really want to know if anyone else has seen this before and if so what was the outcome? It is just plain odd.
Nika