Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Middle Tennessee Reef Club (MTRC)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/11/2008, 08:59 PM
eating my reef

Anyone have a good colony of Stomatellas going? WTT

Sorry to keep starting threads but worried the folks who have em may have already dug through my previous thread. I remembered that I wanted to restart my Stomatella population without having to sell my soul to Inland Aquatics for a dozen or two.

Willing to pay $$ or swap corals.

I also have tons of mini turbos (Collonista sp.) that I could trade.
Old 01/11/2008, 09:32 PM
Premium Member

How many are you looking for? I used to have a ton of them but not as many anymore. I will see how many I can dig up. I would trade for collanista snails.
Old 01/11/2008, 09:52 PM
How many fish can I kill?

I have plenty of limpets!!!

Nano: 2 Black Ocellaris Clowns
Old 01/11/2008, 10:48 PM
Registered Member

what is that?...a snail?
Old 01/11/2008, 11:00 PM
Registered Member

I've had a outbreak of some kind of snails. They look like pyramids kind of. They stay on the glass. Pretty cool lookin'. I don't know how I got them, haven't added anything in awhile. They just started poppin' up out of no where. Id try to get a pic but camera battery is dead. Any idea what these could be?

Steve
Old 01/11/2008, 11:44 PM
Lazy Reefer!!!

MIesen, I have a pretty good population of them. DOnt know what they are worth, but I can dig you up a dozen I think by the Swap.
dont konw how much Inland wants. I used to have millions of them. I will have to catch then at night.
Old 01/12/2008, 12:21 AM
eating my reef

RCmike, that would be great. I would love at least 3 dozen total so if you have an extra dozen or two, I will take em. I will bring a couple dozen collonistas for whatever you can scrounge.

Pickupman66, You can check out my swap thread if you are interested in trades for em. Last time I checked Inland was getting 2.00 a piece for em but I think thats way too much. Would you do 2 or 3 /1.00 for em or trade in kind (depending on size)? I pretty much want as many as you want to round up...up to 3 dozen would be fine.
Old 01/12/2008, 12:39 AM
Registered Member

I used to have them in my tank until I moved....I lost them....I would like to have some if there's any spare left.......
Old 01/12/2008, 03:43 AM
Registered Member

Can someone post a pic of them? Are they the slug looking thing with no real shell? I naturally can't do a search on RC...

Don't judge me because I can't spell. I use my brain space for more important things, like thinking of a fancy user name

Last edited by Angela Short; 01/12/2008 at 04:03 AM.
Old 01/12/2008, 04:02 AM
Registered Member

http://www.melevsreef.com/id/snails.html

Never mind I found them on Melvsreef and posted the link so you could see if you see anything like what you have Steve.

I had a ton of them at one time. I need to go down there at night to see if they are still cruising around. If so I will grab you some.

Don't judge me because I can't spell. I use my brain space for more important things, like thinking of a fancy user name