Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Connecticut Area Reef Society (C.T.A.R.S.)

Old 01/10/2008, 06:35 PM
Enjoying Life

Some people have asked for FTS...

Well, please keep in mind, these were not taken with a tripod, I have not cleaned the glass, and I am still dealing with a micro-bubble problem. Other wise, I think the Sony P&S did a great job. I will take more w/ my Nikon (D) SLR when the battery is charged

Here ya go...

Enjoy!
Old 01/10/2008, 07:01 PM
Enjoying Life

Forgot some!!!

Old 01/10/2008, 07:06 PM
Registered Member

I have some Joe's Juice that will take care of the aiptasia... trust me... kill it now. Also, isn't the general rule of thumb to have 1lb of LR per gallon?
Old 01/10/2008, 07:15 PM
Enjoying Life

Right, for when people want to fill it up. That for me I think of as more spots for dead flow and detritus build up, and less of biological filtration. I fed quite heavily and I don't really stir up the sand that much, so by having a 'outer-reef' setup, my pumps are able to give optimum flow to all parts of the tank, and keep things suspended longer. I have been contemplating getting another sure-flow mod for my other MJ1200, but that would only be if I do decide to get a little more rock. I will really think about more rock, when the tank is evenly lit w/ 2 MH. Otherwise I kinda like the scares rock look...its growing on me...

And for Joe's Juice...tried it. I have tried everything from that to leaving the light off for 3 weeks! And nothing has killed it. My next move, is to get a copper band butterfly, ELIMINATE ALL OF THEM, and then get rid of it.
Old 01/10/2008, 07:19 PM
Registered Member

I have a copper band and i love it!
Old 01/10/2008, 08:58 PM
Rare Zoa-a-phile

Glad to see my acro's are doing well for you!
Old 01/10/2008, 10:02 PM
Registered Member

I have also tried joes juice for my 3 pest anemonies and no such luck. coooome on reefman you know you want more rock in that tank. where would you put more corals?
Old 01/11/2008, 07:59 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KingOfJericho
I have some Joe's Juice that will take care of the aiptasia... trust me... kill it now. Also, isn't the general rule of thumb to have 1lb of LR per gallon?
technically you should have 1.5-2lbs live rock depending on your bioload. I have a decent bioload in my 90 and have about 130lbs of rock in there.
Old 01/11/2008, 08:30 AM
B-Boy AZTEC

joes juice you have to use more than once to rid of them although a pain it does work just needs several treatments.... least i got rid of most of mine this way....

I am all for the less is more look besides my skimmer is rated for about 2times the size of my water
Old 01/11/2008, 09:03 AM
Registered Member

try kalkwasser paste... It doesnt take two treatments. squirt some in the mouth and then some at the base.
Old 01/11/2008, 10:15 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by renogaw
technically you should have 1.5-2lbs live rock depending on your bioload. I have a decent bioload in my 90 and have about 130lbs of rock in there.
I have about 75lbs in my 54g. It's only 5 rocks but they're big show pieces. I am a firm believer that the LR is a big part of keeping a tank stable in the long term.

As for the aiptasia, I had a MONSTER in my tank... the stalk was almost an inch in diameter and the "head" was 3-4" across. Two shots with the Joe's Juice and it literally melted. It was pretty cool to watch.
Old 01/11/2008, 10:18 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fishieness
try kalkwasser paste... It doesnt take two treatments. squirt some in the mouth and then some at the base.
My problem was that the base was always inside the rock, and just covering it is not enough. I picked up a pair of peppermint shrimp from Aquarium Conservation in Cromwell, and have not looked back. They are all gone. And they are awesome to watch attack it.

They crawl up slow, and strike once at it, jumping back immediately. They they jump forward again after the aptasia drawls in, and just start tearing it up and chowin' down.

And I have about 2 pounds or so per gallon in mine, not including what is in the sump. It makes it easier to build ledges and caves.
Old 01/11/2008, 10:20 AM
Enjoying Life

Yeah, I am def. going to get more rock...how much more is the difference. It won't be much, at max 40lbs. I have about 60 now...
Old 01/11/2008, 07:15 PM
Help im addicted

you defently need my fixture bad!! It will make that tank 10 times better. There is a lot of hardware on top of your 90g.
Old 01/11/2008, 07:24 PM
Registered Member

wait.... didnt you just sell another de MH fixture? lol. or was that the one you were trying to sell?
Old 01/11/2008, 09:58 PM
Enjoying Life

That was the one I was trying to sell. However it seems I may have come to an agreement right RK?

But two 400W would look awesome. 20K Radiums! My gosh I hope my teachers like me as a student because that report card, and midterms are killing me!!!
Old 01/11/2008, 10:29 PM
Help im addicted

it's here when you can get it! Tank looks good !