Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04/01/2005, 10:53 PM
Registered Member

went mudding today, got some pictures

well me and my friends decided to skip lunch and last hour an go muddin for a while.

first to go through the beginning was travis, he went through no problem, he was in like a 96 or so chevy 1500, nothing fancy.

next was sam in his dads 2003? ford F350 super duty TD, made it through no problem

and then it was me in my little sonoma 4.3 4wd, i slipped into the big ruts made by the big trucks and got stuck halfway through, if i wouldve stayed higher i woulda made it, damn frame sits so low..

so sam in the big ford backs up a bit to pull me out, we had plenty of chains and a stretch rope, the plow mount on the front of the truck gets hung up and that ****er is stuck, travis in the 1500 didnt stop at the beginning and kept on goin through about a mile or so of this **** and came around the long way about 45 mins later, pulled me out, about that time some ******* that lives close by comes over and starts givin us **** and all this BS about tearin up the road, stays there for about an hour, i go back to sams house, get more rope, travis is gone, we end up pullin the F350 out with a tractor..

tested out my new camera, had it in fine mode, not very impressed but hey this isnt art, just pictures..

Old 04/01/2005, 11:01 PM
Registered Member

cool,

next week I bet you're going noodling.

Kevin
Old 04/02/2005, 12:10 AM
Registered Member

Now you guys get to spend the next 6 hours cleaning up your trucks.
Old 04/02/2005, 12:23 AM
Registered Member

lol, yep! thats the funnest part! actually my truck got the dirtiest, it has offset rims so the mud flies everywhere, which kinda sucks because if you wash it and then drive over some dirt or a bit of moisture it throws it all over the place and makes it look dirty..

both the other trucks have stock wheels so all the mud is containted in the wheel wells
Old 04/02/2005, 12:28 AM
Premium Member

Whats so fun about getting stuck in the mud, and then having to ask some poor soul to pull you out. Don't get my wrong, I love to offroad, but I never understood the mudder guys.
Old 04/02/2005, 01:36 AM
ZAO

Make sure to wash the radiator as soon as possible or you will have some fun with overheating.
Old 04/02/2005, 01:50 AM
Registered Member

I love mudding!! my friend has a 96' bronco lifted 18", we went mudding 2day also. prolly gunna go 2marrow, its been rainin lately
Old 04/03/2005, 02:30 AM
Registered Member

im probably gonna go some place today too... some place with a little less ruts, ill definitely get video this time
Old 04/03/2005, 02:37 AM
Registered Member

nice! post um when u got um
Old 04/03/2005, 07:59 AM
Seamonkey on my back

Re: went mudding today, got some pictures

Quote:
Originally posted by PhantomFE3
got stuck halfway through, we end up pullin the F350 out with a tractor..
so you went stuckin' not muddin'...

Rick