Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Propagated Corals & Tank Raised Livestock Selling
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04/20/2006, 05:07 PM
Registered Member

FS: Red Carpet $400 in So Cal (will ship)

Unforunately this red carpet has outgrown my tank and it is time to part with it. It is about 8 to 9 inches when open but it can possibly expand larger if given the room. Picture shows the carpet eating a fresh squid. It currently hosts a pair of true black perculas.

I've had this anemone for over 3 years and it was about 5 inches then. Growth rate may slow down if fed less. I was feeding it every other day with fresh squid, krill and whatever meaty food I can find.

This anemone will only be sold to an established system. I realize there is no way I can guarantee that but please be honest with yourself that your system can sustain this beautiful animal. Picture was taken this morning. Lighting is 10K 150W HQI.

Willing to ship to anywhere in the 48 states. Buyer pays actual shipping cost. I will pay for the boxing costs. It will be tripple bagged, oxygen will be used and packed in a styro lined box.

Thanks for looking.

Old 04/20/2006, 05:12 PM
Rocket Science!

WOW!
Old 04/20/2006, 05:22 PM
Premium Member

beautiful!!!! do you have any clowns that host or were they eaten

I'd love to have such a gorgeous specimen! truly extraordinary! my husband would say no even if our 150 was up and established!

Good luck with your sale

sme (we're married now)
Old 04/20/2006, 08:33 PM
Grouch Potato

We have interest out here on the east coast. Can we have dibs until late tomorrow nite?

(wanna get drunk on fake beer and talk ourselves into it.)
Old 04/20/2006, 10:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
WOW!
WOW nice or WOW too expensive? I tried to find out a fair market value by searching other sellers (retail or RC members) but couldn't find anyone who had one. I guess it's still very rare . My asking is below than what I originally paid for so I'm comfortable with my asking price.

If WOW nice, thanks for the compliment as it is a beauty. I'm hoping to find another one but just much smaller.

Quote:
beautiful!!!! do you have any clowns that host or were they eaten

sme (we're married now)
Thank you for the compliment. It is trully a beautiful animal and we're very sad to see it go. Nope, the clowns weren't eaten. They're just camera shy and hiding behind the anemone.

Congratulations on the marriage. I've had the best life since I got married!
Quote:
We have interest out here on the east coast. Can we have dibs until late tomorrow nite?

(wanna get drunk on fake beer and talk ourselves into it.)
Thank you for the interest but I will not be holding "dibs" on this. I've received a few PMs requesting the same so it will be sold to the first one who can send payment.
Old 04/20/2006, 11:22 PM
Moved On

I think your price is fair. I remember a few months ago an online retailer had one for around $400.
Old 04/20/2006, 11:22 PM
Registered Member

As mentioned in the original post, I would like to sell this anemone to an established tank. It is silly for me to conduct interviews over the phone so it will be on an honor system.

I will offer “arrive alive� guarantee if you agree with my shipping condition. Shipping will be done via FedEx or UPS overnight; your choice since you are paying. I will ask that the package be on “Station Hold�. This means that you will have to pick up the package from the FedEx or UPS distribution center. This is normally located near your local airport. Please contact FedEx or UPS directly to find the distribution center near you.

Package arrival in the station is normally early morning; approximately 6 or 7 AM. This will significantly reduce the transit time if done this way. I’ve had several expensive fishes and corals shipped to me via this method and have not lost one yet (knock on wood). All you need is a valid ID to pick up. I've heard too many horror stories that their packages didn't arrive on time or got shaken to death by sitting in the delivery trucks. I don't want to take the risk.

My arrive alive guarantee is…. I cannot offer replacement guarantee. This is a very rare animal so it will be difficult (at best) to find another one. I will only offer a 50% refund of the purchase price if you can prove beyond any doubt that the anemone was DOA. I thought we’ll share the loss since we shared the risk (you buying and me selling/ shipping). I will not be responsible if the DOA is caused by the shipping company or if you fail to pick up the package on a timely manner. I will still ship via the traditional method (front door delivery) but you will have to assume all the risk.

On my part, I will do the following to ensure proper shipping of the anemone: the anemone will be triple bagged to prevent any leaks. Oxygen will be used. It will be shipped in a Styrofoam lined box. I will add heat or cold pack upon request. I will pay the packaging cost.

I will take a picture of the anemone before it is bagged to demonstrate health. I will again take a picture as it is bagged and boxed. Last picture will be taken with the box taped and sealed. This will be emailed to you as soon as the package is sent.

Sorry for such a long disclaimer or terms. I just want to cover all grounds so we know what to expect if a problem comes up. Thank you all.

Rey
Old 04/21/2006, 12:52 AM
Paracentropyge Boyeli

How accurate is the red color of the picture? I've had a red haddoni but not as deep red as your pic.
Old 04/21/2006, 02:05 AM
Registered Member

I'd say pretty accurate. Pic is without actinic supplement. The base turns to blue if you have good actinic supplementation. Awesome combination of red with blue base!

Nice angel on the pic btw. Where did you get that?
Old 04/21/2006, 11:18 AM
Premium Member

Those terms are more than fair. Free bump.

eee
Old 04/21/2006, 06:42 PM
Registered Member

i will take him please call for details 423 614 3033
Old 04/23/2006, 09:32 AM
Premium Member

What a beauty, I hope he goes to a good home where he can thrive and grow.
Old 04/24/2006, 03:18 AM
Moved On

sold yet???? I want him if he has not been sold....... I pm'd ya.....
Old 04/24/2006, 11:54 AM
Rocket Science!

I meant WOW NICE...
Old 04/25/2006, 01:59 AM
Moved On

PM'D YA AND STILL HAVE GOT NO REPLY...I TAKE IT IS SOLD????
Old 04/25/2006, 04:55 PM
^------^

Great looking anemone! I have seen them selling at LFSs for 500.00 and not in great shape. 100% worth the asking price!

Fish heads, fish heads, rolly polly fish heads, eat them up yum yum
Old 04/27/2006, 12:07 AM
Registered Member

Are you sure shipping it with pure O2 is a good idea? You should check with LA wholesalers. I don't think they ship anemones with Oxygen.

Great piece, BTW.