Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Vendor Experiences
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/15/2005, 06:59 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by hoot214
I offer my apologies to you to spalmer114, no harm done. We were both a little heated up and I cant blame some of these people for feeling the way they do, lord knows I would feel the same if it happened to me and hopefully God willing it wont. But just in case I have been keeping in contact with him on a regular basis just to check up on things, I even asked him about this situation that has occured and he has assured me that he is working hard to straighten everything out, but I guess we will see
Glad we got that out of the way Just keep us posted on how your transaction turns out. Good luck.........
Old 11/15/2005, 07:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by hoot214
I even asked him about this situation that has occured and he has assured me that he is working hard to straighten everything out, but I guess we will see
He talks a good game, but his ethics, questionable business practices, and the overwhelming silence from him about these matters speaks volumes about how he treats his "customers".

Hope it works out for you.

Nick
Old 11/15/2005, 07:20 PM
Registered Member

thanks all I hope everything is cleared up for yall as well. I will let everyone knows how it turns out
Old 11/21/2005, 12:26 PM
Registered Member

I stumbled across this Zoomania site a month ago and thought it looked "to good to be true". I decided to drive to St.Louis to see for myself. I E-mailed and got no reply--so I assumed it was a fraudulent site. This post confirms my instincts. Im sure he enjoys dealing with out-of-staters, because doing this to Missouri folk would have ended him in the River--If it hasn't allready
Old 11/21/2005, 12:54 PM
Registered Member

Hoot, I cannot tell you how many times I had to chase him down only to give him yet another chance because he sounds like a nice guy. Maybe he is not actively scamming folks and malicious, but rather he is just unorganized unreliable, but I suspect you are likely to hear any number of stories over the next few weeks, only to get ripped off in the end. I hope not.

As to the paypal refund thing - you have a very short window of opportunity to reclaim your funds and even then when you ask for your cash their won website tells you that they are actively protecting the *seller*. It wasn't until Visa got involved that they re-opened my dispute and were forced to give my cash back. Paypal is convenient in many ways, but they do not work for the buyer.

Caveat emptor

Keith

Last edited by Kgbenson; 11/21/2005 at 01:06 PM.
Old 11/22/2005, 09:26 PM
Super Duper Member

he has a bunch of stuff listed on frags.org now
Old 11/23/2005, 02:54 AM
Registered Member

I told everyone that I would let them know how my transaction went. well here it is. It all went smoothly all my corals arrived on the date he told me and thy are all alive and look great.
Old 11/23/2005, 08:29 AM
Registered Member

Hoot, I am glad it worked out for you.
Old 11/27/2005, 03:14 AM
kz skimmer rocks

nic brought these to you in person--

how about some pics
Old 11/30/2005, 05:47 PM
kz skimmer rocks

x-zotica on ebay
Old 11/30/2005, 09:20 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up on the new name change Chad.
Anybody notice FrankieJ has "Moved On"?

Nick
Old 11/30/2005, 09:39 PM
Registered Member

Interesting, I PMed with him about the issues in this thread and even spoke to him by phone. He was very helpful. I wonder why he was "moved"?

Keiith
Old 12/03/2005, 01:04 PM
Mantisfreak

Quote:
Originally posted by maxxII
Thanks for the heads up on the new name change Chad.
Anybody notice FrankieJ has "Moved On"?

Nick
That wasn't over this issue. It was over an incendiary thread regarding Marine Solutions that didn't last long.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
Old 12/10/2005, 01:25 PM
Premium Member

I'm surprised to hear all this. I placed an order about 6-8 months ago, and he was really helpful and the zoas were beautiful. It's too bad something went wrong somewhere in the meantime
Old 02/06/2006, 11:34 AM
Registered Member

No wonder they Have all them zoos?????
Old 02/06/2006, 01:32 PM
Will work for corals

If you look at their website now it appears like he's using the lame ebay trick using words like "rare" and "very rare" on things that we all know are easily found

I hope they do not make it. They do not deserve to be in business. Maybe I should email him and see if I can get the corals I ordered 8 months ago now since his snazzy new site is up.
Old 02/06/2006, 02:28 PM
Registered Member

Good luck - he is still incommunicado with me.

Let us know if he makes good.

Keith
Old 04/20/2006, 10:26 AM
Registered Member

Wow, interesting thread. I just wanted to let folks know that i've been doing business with Nic a Zomania for a few months now and have nothing but excellent service. Looks like this was all going on during a time when he was moving, etc. Not an excuse, just an observation. The zoas are beautiful and as advertised, and shipping is on the day payment is recieved. I've always had my zoas by the next day.

I'm not 'shilling' (I don't think, lol, I'm new to posting and im not sure what that means), just sharing my experiences in a pertinent thread.

Feel free to PM me if you have any doubts or questions.
Kam
Old 04/20/2006, 10:31 AM
Registered Member

Kam,
Shilling would be if you worked for Nic or were affliated in some way with him and had something to gain by posting up positive things about him. If you dont, no worries.

Posting up positive experiances about a vendor you've dealt with should always be welcomed, IMO. As should negative. I hope Nic's turned his business practices around, for his sake.

Nick
Old 04/20/2006, 11:25 AM
RC Sponsor

its too bad he doesn't just come out and tell us what really happened , would go a long way to earn a lot of peoples trust back.

I'm sure his original intent wasn't to scam people out of their money , it just ended up happening that way and he got caught in a few lies along the way.

a bit if truth can go a long way ...

BTW I'm sure he is fully aware that this thread exists and many others like it on other local boards.
Old 04/20/2006, 04:09 PM
Moved On

Late as this may be, I think it is time I made at least some form of statement. I will not go into what happened, I know it is common is the US to divulge everything and anything about yourself, your business, and most of all your personal issues, but this is clearly between a buyer and myself.

Suffice to say along with some health issues we've had some very, very bad luck, some of which caused loss of records. I have tried to fix as many issues as possible, and if there is still anyone out there, please contact me through PM here on Reef Central and I will make it right. I am very sorry about all that has happened and have done everything possible to ensure it will never happen again.

I appreciate the patience and understanding of all of those who I have since taken care of. And again, those of you who haven't, please contact me.

This may sound bitter or even angry, but I assure you it is not. There are many out there who never had any dealings with me and no 1st hand knowledge of the situation, yet they say it fit to slander me. That is not appreciated. I would not attack you if you owed my neighbor (or anyone for that matter) money or corals. Matters only worsen when a lot of unqualified statements are thrown out here while I am trying to rectify my mistakes.

Lastly, K. Benson, you've been refunded in full months before your last post here in February. Again, I am terribly sorry for the long delay and if there is anything I can ever do for you, let me know.

regards
Nic
Old 04/20/2006, 04:13 PM
Team RC Member

Try 2 "o"s in the Google. S/B Zoomania, likely.

"Make haste slowly." ---Augustus.

"If anything CAN go wrong, it will, and at the worst possible moment."---St. Murphy.
Old 04/20/2006, 04:32 PM
Moved On

Its only 1 'o'.
Old 04/20/2006, 07:21 PM
Registered Member

Nic,

I was refunded only after visa went after paypal. You told me you mailed a refund twice - and it never arrived. Then you stopped returning emails and phone calls. You never personally rectified the situation. There were multiple instances where you told me things were going to happen and they never did. That is what I had a problem with.

I just wish you had simply said - things are tough, I can't fill the order, here's the refund. Had that happened I would have been very happy to order later. That is how a decent business is run. Life does get tough and people do have problems, I hope you are on better footing now. I wish you better luck in the future.

Keith
Old 04/22/2006, 10:48 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Late as this may be, I think it is time I made at least some form of statement. I will not go into what happened, I know it is common is the US to divulge everything and anything about yourself, your business, and most of all your personal issues, but this is clearly between a buyer and myself.
Close, its actually between you and BUYERS (plural).

Quote:

Suffice to say along with some health issues we've had some very, very bad luck, some of which caused loss of records. I have tried to fix as many issues as possible, and if there is still anyone out there, please contact me through PM here on Reef Central and I will make it right. I am very sorry about all that has happened and have done everything possible to ensure it will never happen again.

I appreciate the patience and understanding of all of those who I have since taken care of. And again, those of you who haven't, please contact me.
I can respect this, bad things happen in life and there's not much you can do about it but struggle through them.
However, the length of time it took you to respond was inexusable in my opinion. I'd bet money that if you contacted folks here on this thread, (instead of having FrankieJ doing it for you) things wouldnt have gotten to this point, and you wouldnt need to be posting here defensively several months after the fact.
How hard would it have been to leave a message on you're cell phone or contact info/website, or better yet, all of the above, stating you were having troubles and would be making amends one way or another? How long would it have taken? Maybe you didnt intend to be dishonest or deceitful, but it sure came off that way. I hope it was just a bad judgement call on your part.

Having said all that, its good to see you finally doing the right thing and making amends.

Quote:

This may sound bitter or even angry, but I assure you it is not. There are many out there who never had any dealings with me and no 1st hand knowledge of the situation, yet they say it fit to slander me. That is not appreciated. I would not attack you if you owed my neighbor (or anyone for that matter) money or corals. Matters only worsen when a lot of unqualified statements are thrown out here while I am trying to rectify my mistakes.
Nic,
I know you and have spoken with you before. You're not being slandered by angry people wanting their money back after they paid for things they never got.
Slander:
1 : the utterance of false charges or misrepresentations which defame and damage another's reputation
2 : a false and defamatory oral statement about a person

What you would do in a similar situation is irrelevant. You had their money, and owed them for products they didnt receive. You're options at that point were refund their money, or provide them with the product they ordered. Instead, you never contacted anyone or notified anyone of your intentions or what the situation was.

I hope you're better able to do business now, and I hope your health and computer issues are a thing of the past. But your post doesnt erase your past problems. Only future efforts and alot of hard work by you can do that. Since you belong to the same reef club I do, your actions reflect on me and the rest of the club as well. So I have a vested interest in how you do business and how you make US look. Please keep that in mind in your future endeavors.

Nick