Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/30/2007, 11:38 PM
Registered Member

Thinking Vortech

I have a 75g and a bunch of MaxiMods on them. I am wanting less clutter in the tank but want good flow.

I currenlty run a Quiet One 6000 return.

I do not run a CL or wish to (dont want to deal with all the pluming right now).

Was thinking of a WavySea or vortech. Will one vortech work for me as in a 75 with out using any other powerheads?
Old 12/31/2007, 12:01 AM
Registered Member

Yes, one Vortech could handle a 75 alone, but many different thing have to come into play. First would be rock work and tank stock. I placed one on my 90gal for a couple of months and saw great results in my corals.
Old 12/31/2007, 01:27 AM
Registered Member

Yep, Vortech was one of the best pieces of gear for me or my corals I should say

If you are doing SPS then I would go for the Vortech, if not it my be overkill. As stated you may have to rearange some rock work around, but it my be needed to get good moving water flow thoughout the tank. You may also have to come to terms that any corals up to 5-6 inches(depending on corals) from the vortech may not be a good thing.

-Sean