Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 08/22/2007, 07:22 PM
Premium Member

looking for Delv

I'm trying to contact delv about a chiller and a ranco controller I bought from him. I have PM'd and emailed many times with NO answers. I am now out 295.00, the chiller doesn't work at all, and the controller is a custom sealife not ranco. All I know is he hasn't posted since 8/13. Anyone heard from him? I don't want to leave anything negative or file a claim with Paypal or my Credit card co. untill I get a chance to speak with him. Things happen and I don't want to be hasty.

Thanks,
Angie
Old 08/24/2007, 02:02 PM
Moved On

Seems odd, he has had his share of issues ( http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...readid=1056349 ) You would think he understands how it feels to be in this situation and would respond to you.
Old 08/24/2007, 06:20 PM
Premium Member

I did get a response yesterday. He said he'd email by 6pm last night......he didn't so I'm still waiting to hear from him again. Thanks
Old 08/26/2007, 01:09 PM
Premium Member

He never contacted me again. I've sent many more emails and called his house. Nothing.......

I filed a claim with paypal, but they can't do anything since he did ship the item to me and it wasn't an ebay purchase. Apparently if it's not purchased thru ebay it doesn't matter that it's not as described or in working condition. They did give me the forms to file a police report and a contact to call to get the money returned from my credit card company. I will be doing both on Monday after work. I've been fair and offered to return the chiller and controller to him if he would refund the 295.00.
I'm just screwed out of $295.00 and now I will have to pay out of my pocket to ship it back. Plus I can't buy another chiller untill this whole mess gets cleared up. Money is too tight to just buy another right now. I'm beyond ticked off. I will never buy another item from a fellow reefer like this.

Angie
Old 08/26/2007, 03:43 PM
Garbologist

I have asked him to respond to this thread.

The Tribal Wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:

"When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."
Old 08/28/2007, 08:12 PM
Indiana Jones Of SPS

Quote:
Originally posted by smiller
I have asked him to respond to this thread.
He is moved on. Can he still respond?

DVRC Vice President
Old 08/28/2007, 10:35 PM
Premium Member

THREAD EDIT

He contacted me finally. This is what he emailed me. I took the chiller to a service repair place and they can't see any damage that would have been caused by shipping....no dents or scuff marks. If this can't be posted here please let me know or just delete it. I may try to file a claim with fedex......but the shipper has to send in all of the paperwork for that. What are the chances he will send it all in?

I will see if fedex will do anything. I can hope....but I don't see any shipping damage. I thought maybe the hose to the probe was damaged but they said it was fine.

-------------------

email deleted

Steve
RC Mod

Last edited by smiller; 08/29/2007 at 06:14 AM.
Old 08/28/2007, 10:43 PM
Hawks Rule!

Since he is the shipper it is HIS responsibility to take it up with fedex and not yours. It is also his responsibility to make sure that your product is fixed or refund you your money.

Sandbeds operate like wormholes and the excess nutrients and detritus are transported to a sister galaxy - Bomber

12-7-41 & 9-11-01 Never Forget!
Old 08/29/2007, 12:29 AM
Registered Member

Same situation

I can totally relate to your situation and unfortunately it appears we are both victims. My situation is worse since I paid $1150 for a broken skimmer. If it comes down to it, I believe we may need to contact his local authorities since we have the necessary information. Please refer to the following thread:
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...ostid=10657812
Old 08/29/2007, 05:41 AM
Premium Member

I posted in your thread. I'm filing a police report on him, especially now that it appears this is NOT an isolated problem. We are being ripped off and now that it has hapened to more than just me there is a pattern. He will get his and it will be more then just cash he will pay. IF you PM your information to me I can add it to a statement at the police dept. so they can have "supporting" documents. I will do the same for you when I get home from work.

Good luck......my $295.00 doesn't seem like so much now that I know how much $$$$ you are out. Sorry it happened to you too.

Angie

Last edited by smiller; 08/29/2007 at 06:11 AM.
Old 08/29/2007, 06:12 AM
Garbologist

angieg1123,

I edited your thread. Please watch your language. This is a family board.

The Tribal Wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:

"When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."
Old 08/29/2007, 06:15 AM
Garbologist

angieg1123,

Posting PMs and personal emails is not allowed. You can summarize what he told you you like.

Old 08/29/2007, 06:15 AM
Premium Member

sorry
Old 08/29/2007, 06:17 AM
Garbologist

Quote:
Originally posted by Jay4Robin
He is moved on. Can he still respond?
Due to his history of bad transactions and failure to respond to my PM from a few days ago he is no longer a member of RC. You will need to continue to contact him via email.

Old 08/31/2007, 02:47 AM
Registered Member

I have continually tried to contact him through email, but there has been no response at all. Angie, I just sent you a pm. We have to make a collaborative effort to ensure we are fully compensated.
Old 09/08/2007, 06:36 AM
Moved On

Terrible situation,hope you can find this guy and make him pay,one way or another.
Old 09/13/2007, 04:07 PM
Moved On

Hopefully, you paid with credit card as the credit card company is your only resort. PayPal is crock.
Old 10/02/2007, 10:49 PM
Premium Member

Here is an update. My bank gave me a "temporary credit" and filed a charge back claim with paypal for me. If I didn't get the $ back from paypal within 30 days, the bank would debit my acct. for the money they "temorarily" borrowed me. The 30 days was about the expire with paypal having no luck getting the funds back, so I went ahead and bugged the crap out of fedex to get a claim filed. With the claim filed with Fedex, they (fedex) said they needed to come pick up the chiller and inspect it to see if it was properly packaged and if it was indeed damaged in shipping. They assured me the chiller would be returned to ME when they were finished inspecting it. 2 weeks later I had heard nothing from fedex or gotten the chiller back so I called them. The jerks "accidently" sent the chiller back to Delve (aka andrew (drew) Sokol) in NY AND sent him the claim check!!!! Grrrrr I (not so nicely) explaind the problem I now had....
1. he had my $ from when I bought the chiller,
2. he now had the chiller back.
3. he now had the claim money and refused to return anything to me.
4. I had to spend another $500 besides all of this for a WORKING chiller.
PLUS, my bank was taking back the $$ they returned to me pending the claim.
I told them I was now worse off then I was before and I demanded to talk to a supervisor. Once I was transferred and explained the situation, and the supervisor understood that THEY messed up big time by returning the chiller to him, he immediatly cancelled the delivery of the claim check. (thank goodness it hadn't arrived yet)
Delve will NOT get to cash the claim check!!! It will be reissued to me. I should get it this week sometime. Soon I hope.

You would think Delv )Andrew Sokol would have contacted me to let me know he accidently got the chiller back. NOT!!! He will not answer my emails, I have 18 unanswered called to his house, and when he did answer the phone he told me it wasn't his problem, that I had to just deal with it.

It may have taken 2 months, but once I get the claim check from fedex, it will be over. Finally. Geesh......what a nightmare!!

Angie
Old 10/02/2007, 11:45 PM
TRC Leader

What a mess. Glad you were able to stop that payment to him at least, and get it directed to you.
Old 10/03/2007, 10:33 AM
eating my reef

Yeah had the exact same thing happen with a guy on here. The claim check AND the merchandise went back to the seller so he had everything, my money, a refund and the broken skimmer (which at least had a working Mag 18 with it). Fedex refused in my case to return the skimmer or the claim check to me b/c their policy is to only deal with the shipper. Of course the paypal claim window had closed by then so I was just left SOL.

Hope it works out better for you, seriously this guy is a tool!

Wonder if there are any NYPD guys on here who would be willing to stop by his place and have a talk with him?
Old 10/03/2007, 01:35 PM
Registered Member

what a crook. sorry for you angie, I've seen his username around before, luckily didn't deal with him...better luck next time guys...
Old 10/18/2007, 02:47 PM
Premium Member

Funny thing happened......I did get the check from Fedex. The day I got it, Drew Sokol's wife / girlfriend called me, lol. They were mad that I got the check and she / they claimed that paypal already took the $$ out of her acct. for the chargeback so I needed to return the check to her. Yeah, sure. ok. I'll be sure to get right on that one. I DID contact paypal and of course they DID NOT get the $$ from her or him. It was a nice try though
They also claim they didn't get the chiller back from fedex either. I have the call tag that says they did get it delivered to them, plus the fedex rep. said he had delivery confirmation.

I cashed the check first and then deposited the cash into my acct. It's finally over.....

Angie
Old 10/18/2007, 03:05 PM
TRC Leader

Glad it ended well.
Old 10/19/2007, 05:07 PM
Registered Member

Also glad to hear this ended well.
Old 10/20/2007, 08:35 AM
Premium Member

Finally, a scammer gets pwn3d.