Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/15/2005, 08:08 PM
Bimmer Fanatic

What do you think of my final Fish List?! (and my tank)

I am so excited because I have finally found out what I wanted, first of all I have a 29 gal with 2 percula clowns and a cleaner shrimp. It is a reef tank and so far I have Pusing Xeinas, Zoos, Green Star Polyp, and a Frog Spawn Coral. There is a 2 inch - 2 1/2 sand bed and about 30 pounds of live rock. Hopefully in about a week I am going to get a Yellow Watchman Goby and a Hi Fin Red Banded Goby as babies so they will share their burrow. Then after that Im going to get a Royal Gramma and maybe another cleaner shrimp. Now in between Im going to get some other corals and stuff and around christmas Im going to get a 175 W Metal Hailide and keep hard corals too, also a 15 gal sump. Im so excited to finally know with the lies ahead in the future, what do you think??
P.S. Maybe in the future I will have some shots of my tank it is just that I have dial up at my house and will need to go to one of my brothers houses to up load the pictures!

*-Semper Fi-*

The Few,
The Proud,
The Marines!
Old 09/16/2005, 06:36 AM
Registered Member

Hmmm. Sounds pretty good, but it sounds as if by the time you get the metal halides, your tank will be loaded with soft and LPS coral.. leaving hardly any room for the SPS, and they need room to grow!
Old 09/16/2005, 11:09 AM
Bimmer Fanatic

Im sorry if I made it sound like I was going to get a lot of more soft corals, before I can start getting SPS Im thinking about getting a torch coral, plate, and a sort of mushroom.
What do you think?

*-Semper Fi-*

The Few,
The Proud,
The Marines!
Old 09/16/2005, 11:24 AM
Registered Member

I had a Hi Fin Red Banded Goby too. They are really cool little fish, came out a lot. Just make sure it can't fit through the slots in your overflow.

My first one was around for a few months, then just disappeared. I found it dead in my sump a week later. I just added one a week ago and haven't seen it since. I think it went into the overflow. I believe it's dead because I've looked everywhere.

I would try to get one that's bigger, so it has less of a chance to get into your overflow and pumps. JMO
Old 09/16/2005, 12:57 PM
Bimmer Fanatic

Ok thanks for the info Ill keep that in mind and I know it is a very cool looking fish.

*-Semper Fi-*

The Few,
The Proud,
The Marines!
Old 09/16/2005, 02:07 PM
404 errors turn me on

skip the shrooms they will reproduce to quick to keep in check and loose ones could sting sps.
Old 09/16/2005, 02:42 PM
Registered Member

i think that no matter how hard you try to plan a reef you always end up with random fish/corals because you happen across things you just "hafta have". i work one day a week at a LFS and see new things all the time or find something i wanted but didnt think i would find. i come home every thurs night with a styro cooler filler with random frags/fish/inverts. whatever i can afford and some things i cant! either way, having a plan never hurts just dont be surprized when your setting up another tank because you filled your first one up!
Old 09/16/2005, 09:18 PM
Registered Member

Saltybrother,
I posted you an answer on "How many Shrimp gobies do you have". I saw what you wrote there before I saw this post.
Old 09/18/2005, 10:28 AM
Bimmer Fanatic

Ya, Im sorry I dont get what you are trying to say?

*-Semper Fi-*

The Few,
The Proud,
The Marines!
Old 09/18/2005, 10:45 AM
Bimmer Fanatic

Sorry Matt Sable, I looked today and found it, I have some questions so if you could please go there, thanks! "How many Shrimp Gobies do you have?"

*-Semper Fi-*

The Few,
The Proud,
The Marines!