Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Vendor Experiences
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/06/2007, 03:14 PM
Premium Member

Looking For Micromussa? Look no further than doctor64776

This has been a long time in the making, and I'm going to attempt to cover all the details. I have been looking to add to my micro collection for the past year or so, and I did tons of research. I searched vendor forums, and google'd nearly every form of LPS coral trying to select just the right vendor. I like the Acans, but there just seems to be too many kinds and to many shady vendors, so I decided micros were for me. About a month ago, a couple of us in my local club decided to put together a group purchase, and add to our micromussa collections. We decided on doctor64776 because of feed back just like this. I contact Chris (doctor64776), and we began to iron out some of the details, I was amazed at how easy he was to get on board with doing a group buy for us.
As the time began to pass, a couple of us won some of his auctions, but wanted to add to our orders. This is where doc really started to shine. Every email I sent with crazy request was answered very promptly, and I don't believe I ever had to wait more than 12 hours for a response. (Even food poison couldn't keep him down.)
We ended up agreeing on over 20 frags of different micros, and began the task of getting them ready for shipping. Even though many of the frags were already able to be shipped, Chris contacted me and informed me that he would like to hold off a week or two due to the extreme heat they were having in his neck of the woods. I then had to delay the shipment because I wasn't able to be around to accept it earlier this week. Every time a question arose, or there was a delay, doc was in constant contact.
Anyhow, back to the real reason for this post. We received the shipment this morning, and I have to say WOW!!. The corals were all better than expected sizes, and the colors are amazing. No two look alike, and that was really important to me. They were shipped impeccable. The frags were all in there own nicely label bags, and floating on frag plugs tucked into Styrofoam. He then went the above and beyond by labeling the frag plugs, so you can tell which is which, after there are the water. This is very important, when you have 20+ frags sitting next to each other. The frags were also divided up into larger bags so we would know who was getting what.
As for the size of the frags, they were almost all larger than expected, many having in excess of 4 polyps. To top it all off, we received free bonus frags, which weren't just common ones; they were some of Doc's top notch corals. Nothing gives a collected a better feeling than seeing a bag with the word FREE!! Written on it.
As for an overall experience I would rate this a 10. The corals were amazing, already healed and starting to produce new little ones, but nothing could beat his customer service. If you’re in the market for some micro’s give Doc a shout, and let him “wow” you as well.
I'll have pics in the next couple days,

Drew

Check out his Site
Old 09/06/2007, 03:51 PM
RC Sponsor

Location: Fringes of the REEF and cultural desert Arkansas, USA
Oh Drew hehe Not only am I smiling but my face feels warm also. Thank You for such kind words... it really does make me happy when my clients are happy.

Thank You so much,

Chris