Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Southern Colorado Marine Aquarist Society (SCMAS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/02/2007, 09:18 AM
Boomer gave me this

I am allowed to go dig a hole in the middle of academy blvd if I want and chop through the largest fiber optic line I want to and I only am required to carry half a mil for that, seems crazy.........
C
Old 11/02/2007, 10:27 AM
Registered Member

heh, 6 mil liability constant PLUS bonds here and there for other contracts an bids

on average the insurance man gets 3x my salary ugh
Old 11/04/2007, 11:39 AM
Registered Member

I would doubt that a school will let us put all that water on their hard wood floor. It would be nice to have that area but the probability of the floor getting damaged is just too high. Its not a question of if the floow will get wet, but how much water will end up on the floor from spilled/punctured bags, water dripping off hands fresh out of a tank, or god forbid a tank turned over.
The last Denver swap (not the one this weekend) was in the basement of a church. Nice facility, but a PITA to carry all the stuff down stairs and them back up at the end of the day. Cleveland used to hold their swap at various Hotels in their confence rooms. Nice because people traviling long distances can stay there before the swap. Down side is they may not be geared for all the power consumption in one room. The last swaps were at Party Centers. there was plenty of space and parking plus the power was all dedicated to the swap.

The memories of a man in his old age,
Are the deeds of a man in his prime.
Pink Floyd
Old 11/04/2007, 07:54 PM
Boomer gave me this

yeah the hotel would be nice for all those reasons + they have tables and chairs, a/v equipment, and they can provide the food or drinks.
What is a Party center though?
Old 11/05/2007, 02:15 PM
Registered Member

Banquet hall, essentially a place you can rent out for various functions.

The memories of a man in his old age,
Are the deeds of a man in his prime.
Pink Floyd
Old 11/05/2007, 07:26 PM
Boomer gave me this

Yeah I will check into those halls later on. We'll have to decide weather an event like this is going to be do-able renting a facility or if we should scale it back and do it in a garage again to keep the cost down.
For now I think I've got enough different ideas, maybe i'll present the options to the club next year and we can all decide where to have it.
Chris
Old 11/06/2007, 12:01 AM
Premium Member

I may be interested in hosting the swap although the location is sort of out of the way. The only upside to my location is it is between Denver and the Springs. Other then that we have the space, power, tables and chairs and parking.