Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Indiana Marine Aquarium Society (INDMAS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/21/2007, 02:43 PM
Always a Buckeye

Anyone in the Evansville area?

Just moved to Evansville a few months ago (from Lexington, KY by way of Columbus, OH), and am finally getting around to moving my tank here.

I am setting up a 24g aquapod with LPS and softies.

I've been to two LFS in town, Aquariums Plus and Waters of the World. Are there any others in the area worth checking out?

I don't need to buy much at the moment, but it's good to know where to go if something comes up.

Also, are there any places in Evansville you can buy acrylic/scrap? I need a little for some small projects.
Old 11/22/2007, 04:58 PM
Registered Member

Yeah..... ME!

Welcome to E'ville! You've pretty much hit the 2 that deals with salt water. I prefer Waters of the World. They are very knowledgeable and an ORA dealer for their fish, corals, and clams. Hit Dan up, the owner. He may be able to help you out with the acrylic.

BTW, I have a 29 gallon BioCube that I've had set up for over a year now. I can tell you it is a continuing work of progress. I have LPS and softies. And I just did a reto-fit of a 150 watt MH and now have some SPS as well as a clam.
Old 11/27/2007, 09:52 AM
Always a Buckeye

Well I got everything set up late Sunday night. Things got pretty chilly in the transport, so there were some unhappy creatures.

Most of the corals have already come out, though, and I expect the rest to show better signs of life today.

Old 12/01/2007, 02:20 AM
Registered Member

Smile location location,location

Is Evansville close to Petersburgh? I know a reefer in Petersburgh I swap with.
Old 12/03/2007, 05:08 PM
Registered Member

hey im from washington i go to eville all the time to get stuff!! welcome!!!!!! and yes petersburgh is about 45 min. north of eville.
Old 12/04/2007, 12:29 AM
Registered Member

Hey metal I am from shoals.

Yes. I cut and glue animals to rocks.