Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Invert and Plant Forums > Other Invertebrates
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01/08/2008, 07:46 PM
Registered Member

Talking making a shrimp reef tank!

Okay, so as the title says, I'm making a shrimp reef tank. What it more or less amounts to is shrimp, zoanthids, different LPS, an anemone, LR, and the smallest gobies.

So, I need ideas and web sites. Ideas on whats compatible, and sites I can order said shrimp from.

The list I have so far 75 gallon tank, 20 gallon ref/sump-have yet to get a skimmer, looking at an octopus (skimmer, not the cephelopod-although that would be cool too!), or just getting cheato going real good maybe since its kinda low bioload for a 75 gallon tank..

sorry, I'm a rambler.

I'll start with fish; if you know of some really neat little gobies, post and site please! These are from liveaquaria and themarinecenter I'll have a wait for them to come instock...

4 clown gobies. 2 green, 2 probably yellow
4 trimma gobies (possibly cana)
if I can find a pair of nematodes.. count me in. Otherwise, just a single shrimp type goby.
MAYBE 2 firefish-depends on if they'd eat my shrimp.
Thats about enough fish. Gobies only, although I think I'll miss a free-swimming fish, so firefish would be ideal if they won't eat the small tiny shrimp.

SHRIMP LIST

The part you've all been waiting for, right?

sexy shrimp. DEFINITELY 3 of them.
Harlequin-pair, I'll have to set up a starfish tank too, and cut out arms for them. Ick, but COOL
fire shrimp

I need more ideas for shrimp. I even thought that a small mantis 'shrimp' would look fun in the mix, but he'd probably eat something I don't want him to.
Any ideas? suggestions?