Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Trader Feedback

Old 01/05/2005, 11:28 AM
Moved On

ReefTechie: Thief, Thief, Thief!

THIEF, THIEF, THIEF!!! Buyer beware. This Reeftechie guy is very nice at first but then screws you. I sent him my dual 400 watt metal halides plus cash in November!!! Now is January and he still has not bothered to return my mail. The scrubber was broken in transint and never made it to me. UPS says the scubber was packed very loosley with peanut foam and that it was shattered in transit. Whatever. I just wanted him to file the claim. Hes ignoring all my emails and refuses to file a claim with UPS which can only be filed by the sender. Definately not recommended!

Been a LONG time member of RC with multiple transactions and have never had a problem except with this guy. I welcome Reeftechie to defend himself and prove me wrong. I really didnt want to post this here publicly, this is not my nature, but since you have chosen to give me the silent treatment and since i cant take care of it with UPS myself i have to.

WHY are you ignoring my emails (two months)? Why are you screwing me like this? Did you not get the halides, exactly as described? The LEAST you could do was to return my emails. Ive been nothing but nice and cordial to you. Is people like you that discourage people from trading here on RC. You better have a good explantaion for not returning my emails or PM for two months. JOHNNY
Old 01/05/2005, 11:37 AM
Premium Member

Maybe you should pay him a visit
Old 01/05/2005, 11:38 AM
Shake and bake!

Reeftechie has "moved on" and means that he is no longer a reefcentral member for whatever reason. You may want to ask the mods to see if there is a specific reason.

This would at least explain his lack of communication on the boards.

I believe gqjeff was a friend of his, you could ask him as he may know of his whereabouts.

Good luck to you...
Old 01/06/2005, 09:53 AM
Moved On

Thank you guys. I will be doing the legal maneuvers. Its a matter of principle. JOHNNY
Old 01/06/2005, 11:28 AM
Moved On

Johnny, I know Scott got banned for some reason not related to this... He has been out of town for a few weeks.. He had a death in the family out of state and then his step mother had a heart attack so he has been busy with his family situation.. From my understanding though Scott tried to send that package back to you and after 3 missed deliveries they mailed it back.. As foir filing a cliaim its take effort on both ends.. I have been going through this with a damaged package I recieved.. I filed the claim and then they send the money back to the shipper.. thats the experiences I have had with UPS... I/we ship a lot with ups so it got resolved or is still being resolved since mid Nov.. We threatened to stop using them and then they decided to cover it... The original shipper and his compnay also use UPS aswell.. Belive me they try to blame everything on the shippers.. I always ask them why they even offer insurance cause you can whip you A-- with it usually... The package I got was double boxed and full of peanuts and they said it was not packaged correcty.. I asked them if we needed to use metal crated for now on.. Needless to say I was not a happy camper at all when first dealing with them... I hope you can get it resolved and I will try to get ahold of Scott for you.. I have been recovery myself from a recent neck surgery... I have not talked to him in a few weeks since he has been gone.. Oh yea I meet Scott though RC and I have became a pretty good friend of his.. I have dealt with him many times and have had nothing but great experiences... Sorry to hear of this I hope it gets resolved...
Old 01/06/2005, 11:35 AM
THIS IS THE YEAR-GO CUBS

is he in IL?
Old 01/06/2005, 11:47 AM
Moved On

No IN.... 3 hrs from me...
Old 01/06/2005, 12:15 PM
Moved On

I just got an email from reeftechie... Flamehawk with an email like the one you sent him I wouldn't want to deal with you either.. As I said I am not saying whatever happened is right or wrong but the email you sent him is a joke bro.. You need to grow up... If you are going to take action then do it properly, but you might think twice now as you have threatned him... Just my thoughts.. Again I do not know the whole story I just rem scott telling me about this a while ago 4-5 weeks... As I said I have not been in contact with him lately as he had a couple family emergencies.. Again Sorry I hope you both get this issue resolved peacfully... Just hard to beleive the same guy I have dealt with and others would do this... He has been nothing but a great guy to deal with and trustworthy.. I would like to know the whole story on both ends...
Old 01/06/2005, 12:26 PM
Premium Member

I don't know reeftechie but I have seen other problems in previous dealings with people.

My other computer is your MAC.
Old 01/06/2005, 12:31 PM
Moved On

W/reeftechie? Hmmmmmmmmm...
Old 01/06/2005, 12:36 PM
Premium Member

I remember some exchange in the past and I found another doing a search on his name. He also had a lot of happy customers too so this might be a rare event.

I'm curious to why he is moved on though.

My other computer is your MAC.
Old 01/06/2005, 12:44 PM
Moved On

He was selling some sps colonies and stuff from time to time. Some of the paying advertisors complained to the RC mods and he was banned... That is all I ever heard from Scott... The move wasn't by choice believe me...
Old 01/06/2005, 12:51 PM
Shake and bake!

He had way too much time on his hands...

He was ALWAYS on the classified boards selling or buying something.
Old 01/06/2005, 04:10 PM
Moved On

I consider myself a friend of Scott's, though, for just a short time, but I consider him trustworthy & dependable. FlameHawk's side of the story would seem then to be out of character to the Scott I know. I certainly agree with Jeff, that this situation should be promptly corrected to both parties satisfaction. Bob
Old 01/07/2005, 11:06 AM
Moved On

I have written Scott numerous times since he received the ballast. Today was the FIRST reply i get from him since sending me the tracking number. Not to sound redundant but he's been ignoring my emails (not PM's) for two whole months.

On my first email to him since receiving the tracking number of the scrubber i document how ithe delivery man was claiming that he was attmpting delivery of the package when, IN FACT, he was not. He did this three times and i would email Scott everyday telling him that he was NOT. I contacted the driver and delivery supervisor here in Miami who checked and confirmed that the driver was not making the delivery attempts. This is when i needed Scotts help the most. I know because i had to reschedule 3 consecutive working days to wait for this package and was tracking it the entire way. Given the fragile nature (acrylic) of the scrubber, I did not want it to be subjected to any more handling than necessary. Why would i be emailing him the days of projected delivery and not accept the package? I found out about the package being damaged without ever receiving it because i was on the phone all day figuring out why the driver kept saying he attempted delivery when, in fact, no one would show up.

Where is my ballast now and where is the srcrubber? Scott has had both for two months. I admit i did threaten him with LEGAL action but what else can i do after numerous friendly and patient emails with absolutely no reply.

ggjeff, i have absolutely nothing against you but before you jump to conclusions from my last email (FOR THE RECORD, addressed to Scottt and not to you) ask him to show you my multiple friendly emails to him asking him to please resolve the matter in an honest way. Posting my last emai onlyl would be taking my words out of context.

His claim now is that he "moved on" (read, BANNED) from RC and he had no way of knowing i was trying to reach him. Thats a lame excuse considering ive been EMAILING him for two months to the right address. And having both the ballast and the scrubber in his hands, then why didn;t he do the appropiate thing and follow up with a simple email?

Scott, If in fact you had family problems or a death in the family i apologize deeply to you. But man, you should have at least emailed me in the two months you had the scrubber and the ballast. Can you not understand how i could get frustrated and angry? And for the record. I sent you the ballast on the first shipment and then i sent you not only two bulbs as agreed but a third one plus the new wiring harnesses i had to order seperately because i wanted to be a good sport about it and not send you stubby wires. My intentions were always to resolve this in a cordial way but you never bothered to reply to my emails!

JOHNNY
Old 01/07/2005, 11:49 AM
Moved On

Scott has contacted me and says he will try to keep his end of the deal. I will give him some more time. I will let you know what happens.
Old 01/08/2005, 09:30 PM
Moved On

Sounds good.. I talked to Scott yesterday and today.. Hope it all gets worked out..

Peace, Jeff
Old 01/10/2005, 07:00 PM
Registered Member

post results in the selling feedback as well

I still know nothing

Together
Everyone
Acheives
More
Old 01/22/2005, 04:06 PM
Registered Member

well what happened?

I still know nothing

Together
Everyone
Acheives
More
Old 02/14/2005, 10:44 AM
Moved On

ReefTechie/Scott, you keep playing games with me. Third time i email you my address and you say you didnt get it. Funny how your email works when you have to tell me you didnt get my address. I know youre watching, this is the last time, Where are my lights?

Anybody else who has been scammed by Scott Whitlow, please contact me. I will help you recuperate your stuff along with mine. This way he'll quit SCAMMING others.
Old 02/16/2005, 01:50 PM
Premium Member

Re: ReefTechie: Thief, Thief, Thief!

Quote:
Originally posted by Flamehawk
The LEAST you could do was to return my emails. Ive been nothing but nice and cordial to you.
Here are some of the ( Highly edited ) emails Reeftechie forwarded me to post for him, to show you the type of person Johnny Mok is. I think it is fair we hear both sides of the story. And you have not legal action with the BBB this was done on a classified add posted here on RC, nothing to do with a so called business he may or may not own.

Last edited by billsreef; 02/18/2005 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02/16/2005, 01:56 PM
Shake and bake!

Dude...

Rude E-mails aside, he should get his stuff. I mean, even this thread is over a month old.
Old 02/16/2005, 02:03 PM
Premium Member

Oh , by the way , Flamehawk , I'm just posting this as a favour to Scott , I don't know you personaly and you might be a very very nice man , so please don't send your ' crew' round to my house , my mother might get upset , she's not used to crews turning up on the doorstep , she would probably envite them in for coffee and cookies , then things might get really ugly , her cookies are awful , belive me .
Old 02/16/2005, 02:12 PM
getto king

If Flamehawk has not gotten his stuff then he has a right to be rude if Scott is not responding to the normal emails. Sounds like Scott is doing some scamming here, at least in the eyes of this 3rd party person. Besides, why would you ever just package an acrylic tank in peanuts, that is just not appropriate and shows a lack of concern on Scott's part.
Old 02/16/2005, 02:14 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SHOmuchFUN
Dude...

Rude E-mails aside, he should get his stuff. I mean, even this thread is over a month old.
I think he has the stuff now and been refunded shipping , ect .