Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > LPS Keepers

Old 05/10/2007, 07:12 PM
Premium Member

My guy is growing very nicely and keeps the bluish/green only if you keep it in low light. It seems quite happy . There is another killer favia...check out the Reefready.net site and you will see a very nice blueand pink/with yellow eyes favia that a frag of will be going up for auction on ebay very soon.
Old 05/10/2007, 07:28 PM
Registered Member

Yea that favia ia awesome & looks like you are the 1st to score
Old 05/11/2007, 08:47 PM
Registered Member

And still I have yet to meet a favid I can dislike. Truly beautiful..

Matthew
Old 05/11/2007, 09:21 PM
Fantasy Coral

I looked at that piece about 5 or 6 times when I went in there......................finally told Kris to "bag it up!!"

Old 05/12/2007, 02:53 AM
Registered Member

SteveOhh that is a sweet piece. Looks similar to the piece on reefready.net with that pink ring around the yellow.
Old 05/15/2007, 07:37 PM
Premium Member

The one from Kris at RM, which I think the above one is is a different color in general although definately similar...it looks to have a bit of a purple ring to it. Steve, is that one of the ones from Reefermadness from his aquacultured page, or a differnet one altogether? It is more of a blue/green. The Reefready.net one looks more aquablue and with that pink ring...spectacular. I can't wait to get the little frag of it this weekend to sit next ot the ReeferMadness one. I'll shoot a comparison pic. My RM favia has lightened up quite a bit and gone a bit more blue than green. The yellow eyes are holding great . Sweeeeet favias.

Stacie, you can always get a piece of the reefready favia someday from me
Old 05/15/2007, 09:20 PM
Registered Member

Are u sure that piece from that steveoohh has and hte piece from reefready isnt the same thing?
Old 05/15/2007, 11:37 PM
Premium Member

Nope, not sure at all . Although I have seen a few shots of the Reefready favia, the pic on the site and one Hugo posted a few weeks back in the LPS forum and the colors on it look a little brighter than Steve's favia, could just be picture quality. Still wondering if he picked that one up from ReeferMadness and if it is different than the one posted at the beginning of the thread. I have seen a couple of different yellow eyed favias this last 6 months, maybe more are coming in. I hope so, they are so pretty.
Old 05/19/2007, 10:40 PM
Fantasy Coral

Yes I got it from Kris & I believe it's the same one as yours slojmn............I think it's all lighting & quality of the camera..................Here's the same coral I picked up for a friend who shot pics not an hour after it went in his tank............

Either way, every pic I've seen of this piece is beautiful.............

Steve
Old 05/20/2007, 08:08 AM
Premium Member

Steve, Nice shot of your friends frag. I have not been able to keep the green as intensely as when I first got it. Mine has lightened some and gone to a more bluish hue. I really think it needs less light. I have experiemente with it in a number of places in the tank. It seems to be coloring back up the best shaded in the corner on the bottom. Where are you keeping yours? How about your friend where are they keeping that piece? Mine is growing hecka great.
Old 05/21/2007, 12:04 PM
Fantasy Coral

I've got a few frags of it, so I'm experimenting w/ where to keep it...............

Lighting on my friend's tank depends on which tank he has it in... He's got so many tanks..................

Steve
Old 05/21/2007, 12:24 PM
Moving Along

Alicia, that frag above is in one of my small tanks about 20" below a 150W Phoenix bulb. I just got it last week so we'll have to find the spot that makes it happy. It's simply an amazing coral, regardless of the ID.
Old 05/21/2007, 11:43 PM
Premium Member

Kenny, nice grab on that one. I wish mine would darken up a bit and get the green hue back. I have a couple more now, the LE Sunburst Favia is very similar only darker blue/green, and the Baby's breath from Reefready, definately nice blue with the yellow eye and the ring of pink around it. Those two new favias need to settle into the tank, just got them this weekend.
Old 05/22/2007, 11:20 AM
Moving Along

Sounds like you've been busy collecting