Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Trader Feedback
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02/16/2005, 01:35 PM
Moved On

Thumbs down the not so logical reef

Here is my story,
Brian at the Logical reef went back on his promise/word to place me on a waiting list for some zoas that he was offering on eBay. I have dealt with many vendors and none of them went back on their word.

To make a long story short, my first contact with Brian at the logical reef was thru ebay by e-mail. I was inquiring about a zoa he offered on ebay. At first, Brian was nice enough to place me on a waiting list for this one zoa and I also inquired about more corals and the best shipping rate. Brian was again nice enough to suggest that he can piggy back my zoas with a supply order to his partner Jim at theundergroundreef.com and since Jim is closer to me the shipping would be far less expensive. He also suggested that I contact Jim at theundergroundreef.com for other coral interests. Well, I was grateful until a few e-mails to Jim revealed to me that he was being extremely difficult because he wanted me to give him a 30% deposit for corals that I wanted to add to brains zoa. Understanding this, I told Jim that I cannot place a deposit in this case because this transaction depended on me getting Brians zoa and I was not given any guarantees by Brian. Well, after that it was clear that Jim was not going to cooperate on Brians piggy back idea. Jim began to change his tone with me and read into my emails that I sent to him (which he admitted to). I went forward with Brian at thelogicalreef.com knowing that he will need to ship it to me directly. All was well until about a week later when Jim from theundergroundreef.com contacted me on ebay about some corals that I was selling. When he learned that I was the same guy getting the zoas from Brian and also selling zoas on ebay he contacted Brian. Within an hour both Brian (thelogicalreef.com) and Jim (theunderground.com) attacked me via e-mail telling me all sorts of nasty unprofessional things that were not nice and bears not repeating here. But the short of it was that Brian told me that I was being taken off of the waiting list for the zoas because I somehow deceived him. Remember that the very first time that I contacted him for this zoa was thru ebay (see above). Basically, the both of them are worried that somehow I would take their frag and become their competition. LOL

That is the short story of what I’ve been threw. If there is anyone that would like to know more details you could PM me if you wish. I just wanted to set the record straight and warn all those interested in dealing with these two. You now know what you may be up against. I will leave the rest upto you (the reader) to make up your own minds weather or not you think it is a proper business ethic to go back on your word just because some buyer may be a potential reseller and for fear of being your best competition. I just find that too funny and wanted to share.
Old 03/29/2005, 11:39 AM
SPS nut

It's a real shame that things like this happen. Shoot me an email if you would like. Most of the stuff I have seen on ebay from the logical reef is collected here in Florida anyway. I can probably get you the same thing for very cheap or possibly a trade(?).
~Chris
Old 04/14/2005, 07:37 PM
REEF MEDIC

Brian is a stand up guy that does not go back on his word unless there is a reason. The Logical Reef is one of the best places in central Florida for corals. I know Brian personally and I will get his side of the story and I will post back

" And my Wife Believed me when I said this Hobby would cost around $300"
Old 04/18/2005, 09:28 AM
Moved On

Ahh, Benny and Chris, birds of a feather.
Old 04/18/2005, 05:33 PM
Registered Member

off topic

First I fail to see how this thread even pertains to trading of corals. Lets use the forums in the proper manner.

Second, A vendor asking for a deposit to hold corals is not unreasonable. Especially when its only 30% A vendor has to have some security. People frequently ask vendors to hold items only to never finalize the purchase. Meanwhile the vendor might have turned countless customers away for that very piece. I think this gentleman Greenbirdsnest is very unreasonable on this point, especially since it seems he was holding an order over a different vendors head pending the outcome with a seperate vendor.

Third. I see that this fellow Greenbirdsnest used his very first post to go out on the attack and has been immediatley banned. This story also seems very familiar and almost a carbon copy of posts in the past by efflowsps1945 and reeflife05 who were also banned for similiar postings. Very strange wouldn't you all say? I believe they all are the same person trying to exact revenge on two dealers who it appears decided not to do business with a particular person. I'm sure they had good reason to make this decision or they wouldn't have done so. I've purchased from both of them and I can say nothing but good about them. Is it against the law to refuse to sell to someone? You call that unethical business practice?

I also believe this is an attempt by greenbirdsnest or what ever name it is he is going by this week to push customers away from his Ebay competion.

Enough said!
Old 04/18/2005, 05:47 PM
SPS nut

bytor5566, I think you have some very good points to make. I only think it is fair though that if you are going to accuse greenbirdsnest of having (and "moving on") several user names that we mention that the owner of TLR has done the exact same thing. I agree that this is the wrong place to work out a trade and I appologize for not doing that in private.
Old 04/18/2005, 07:56 PM
Registered Member

Chris, What you say about TLR may or may not be the case but I don't think it entirely fair that you comment on this particular subject without first mentioning the fact that you and Bryan have personal issues between yourselves. You do have a right to your opinions and I support that, but can you say that your comments are unbiased and not influenced by these personal issues?

Anyway, the reason I posted was to point out that the person that started this thread has in the past used ReefCentral and continues to attempt to use reef Central to settle some sort of personal vendetta with some vendors that refused to deal with him. Since vendors are in business to sell and all if not most are willing to bend over backwards for a customer, I have to wonder what really happened to make two vendors refuse to sell to an individual. I believe there must be much more to this story than the author tells us.
Old 04/18/2005, 08:41 PM
SPS nut

Nope, you're right, my opinion is biased!
Old 04/18/2005, 10:12 PM
Moderator Clone

Quote:
Originally posted by jcollins54321
Ahh, Benny and Chris, birds of a feather.
Sorry, RC doesn't appreciate any previously banned member signing up under a new alias. Good-bye!

Kevin