Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Vendor Experiences
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06/29/2007, 12:03 AM
Registered Member

saltwaterfish.com review

Well I'm plaining to order a cherub angel and was wondering how are they. Is the service good? quality good? I would appreciate it if anyone could share their experience with this company. Thanks
Old 06/29/2007, 09:58 AM
Premium Member

I have never heard a good thing about them. A guy I worked with had to fight with them for a week to credit on a dead arrival. The fish in the bag looked to be dead much longer than the time it was supposedly put in the bag.

I also don't want to be a bummer but you seem to have alot of dead fish lately. You might want to find out what is killing them before buying more.

Carl
Old 06/29/2007, 01:47 PM
Registered Member

I have got a lot d stuff from them and I have never had a problem. Fish bigger than expected. I have ordered ten times and never been mad.
Old 06/29/2007, 09:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10239323#post10239323 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by CarlC
I have never heard a good thing about them. A guy I worked with had to fight with them for a week to credit on a dead arrival. The fish in the bag looked to be dead much longer than the time it was supposedly put in the bag.

I also don't want to be a bummer but you seem to have alot of dead fish lately. You might want to find out what is killing them before buying more.

Carl
Thanks carl for looking out for me. Yeah I lost alot of fish recently, I think if I didnt upgrade I wouldnt have lost them. I have had my tank for 5 years or so than upgraded got some rocks and sand from my brother who tore down his tank. So I understand now its probaly a spike and also ich owned every fish I had. Now I have a QT up and running with some a pair of clowns. so far so good.
Old 06/29/2007, 10:01 PM
Premium Member

The QT will really help.

Let the tank sit fishless for atleast 6 weeks just to be sure you've killed all the ich. While it's sitting a few big water changes will help get rid of the nutrients the new rock and sand are adding.

Carl
Old 06/30/2007, 10:23 AM
out of work reefer...

i never have had any problems with them and i have done 6 orders with them
Old 06/30/2007, 03:14 PM
10 & Over Club

[moved]

"LOL, well I have no brain apparently. " - dc (Debi)
Old 06/30/2007, 03:24 PM
A.K.A. colinadam

Just got my first order from them, very happy with their packaging and the health of the fish I got.

Cheapest place to get a BlackCap Basslett from and mine is awesome.
Old 06/30/2007, 06:56 PM
I have wet shirt sleeves

Terrible experiences here with swf....

BTW, large and healthy blackcap basslets $16 at reeftopia.com. I've ordered 3 from them over several years and all have done great.
Old 06/30/2007, 10:48 PM
Premium Member

never mind
Old 07/01/2007, 09:36 AM
Registered Member.

Nothing bad to say from me
Old 07/01/2007, 07:59 PM
Anti "So called Expert"

Many people seem to have good experiences with them but it also seems that when something goes wrong it never ends positively. Buy at your own risk.
Old 07/11/2007, 06:51 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10253921#post10253921 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by triggerfish1976
Many people seem to have good experiences with them but it also seems that when something goes wrong it never ends positively. Buy at your own risk.
what he said.

i've placed several orders with SWF, and had relatively few problems.

there was nothing but hassle and lack of communication in dealing w/ those few problems, tho.
Old 07/12/2007, 12:28 PM
Registered Member

Multiple orders, no problems. Always get extra items.