Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Vendor Experiences
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06/14/2006, 09:03 PM
Registered Member

South Jersey LFS are Horrible

South Jersey/Philly area needs a good LFS. I went on vacation to Florida and even the worst LFS down there put the best of the best of SJ stores to shame for both selection and price. I know that it is cheaper and easier to bring in specimens in areas inwhich fish are commonly collected from, but once I returned and went to some of the Local S**t Holes that call them shelves stroes up here I just got so disgusted and had to write this. Now I have been in this hobby for 17th years and have done my best to support my LFS in South Jersey and will continue to try to do so cause thats the right thing to do-----BUT COME ON we can do better. I hope some of you store owners are reading this.
Old 06/14/2006, 09:07 PM
Registered Member

ditto, same for central jersey.
Old 06/14/2006, 09:15 PM
Registered Member

Central Jersey has even less up there onless you want to go north and those stores are crazy expensive.
Old 06/15/2006, 08:34 AM
Premium Member

i always had good luck with the www.thehiddenreef.com in philly, they burned down but are opening a new store, but iagree the sj stores suck
Old 06/15/2006, 04:04 PM
Registered Member

Check out East Coast Aquatics in Prospect Park about 10 mins outside of Philly. Talk to Jeff, he's the man!
Old 06/15/2006, 11:50 PM
Who dat?

Is Something Fishy too far away?
Old 06/16/2006, 06:12 PM
Registered Member

I have heard of both Something Fishy & East Coast Aquatics I am going to have to try them. I have been so disgusted with the same old bad selection that I have seen in the last few years.
Old 06/19/2006, 12:18 PM
Registered Member

Anyone here ever heard of or been to Oceanarium in Marlboro? If so, please state your thoughts.

Thanks.
Old 06/19/2006, 01:26 PM
Registered Member

Pilot, what part of Florida did you visit?
Old 06/19/2006, 09:09 PM
Premium Member

Pilot Fish

Pilot i'm in south Jersey .
I can not find any thing around here or better in NJ also .
All of my corals was from some trades and internet orders.
I did asked John you know him why he always gets the equipment and corals that we me or you don't even take them home if they even was giving to as free
Well he said and i did saw that many times in the store the costumer that is around here don't like to pay the extra $ to get nice equipment , corals or fish i know for sure he can not sell any thing that is require extra work to taking care off or cost to much .
so is not his fault if he gets a SPS and is just siting there for long time and no one have any interest of buying because it cost $75 he will not get any more he only gets what he can sell .
Because of that he don't even try to get anything nice any more he just wasting his $$.