Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Vendor Experiences
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05/16/2006, 10:33 PM
Premium Member

MRC O-ring Disappointed

I have a MRC calcium reactor and a second chamber i try to get a leak fix from the second chamber lid it is a large O-ring that it needs replaced.
So i call a got the owner Andy on the phone i explained to him what i need and i was willing to pay for it the second chamber is two years old now so it was no warranty not a problem i will pay for it .
But he said "no way i will send it to you no charge"
We talk a little about a set up i did for a Dr with all the good from MRC .
After my initial call , i call again after two weeks to see why i did not receive the O-ring no one answer the phone i left a massage .
After two week i did not get anything in mail , i call again no answer i left a massage again.
I don't know what else to do .
MRC is slacking of on me .
Old 05/16/2006, 11:56 PM
Premium Member

Hello
Take the O-ring to a local machinist/bearing distibutor, have them measure it and order a couple them. They just might have some in stock. If that fails try McMaster Carr.com they'll have what your looking for.
Old 05/17/2006, 03:32 PM
Registered Member

I tried to order a skimmer from him and i got a few weeks worth of a run around from him and I finally cancelled the order. I know your frustation.
Old 05/17/2006, 03:58 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7385227#post7385227 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Pilot Fish
I tried to order a skimmer from him and i got a few weeks worth of a run around from him and I finally cancelled the order. I know your frustation.
This not the first time with MRC i had my reactor leak at the same spot i talk to Andy back then also for a O-ring But receive nothing I fix the problem by getting a flat rubber gasket for it I thing I'm going to do the same with the SC.
It is no good business to promise a part and not deliver.
But i'm not the only one that had the MRC reactor and second chamber leaking at the O-ring .
Old 05/18/2006, 02:18 PM
Sponsor
10 & Over Club

Steve, it is our fault that you did not receive the Oring...I do not have any outstanding warranty or non warranty issues on my desk, so unfortunately, it must have slipped off my desk. I apologize. Please email me and We will take care of whatever you need now or in the future.
Old 05/18/2006, 03:45 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7391696#post7391696 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by myreef
Steve, it is our fault that you did not receive the Oring...I do not have any outstanding warranty or non warranty issues on my desk, so unfortunately, it must have slipped off my desk. I apologize. Please email me and We will take care of whatever you need now or in the future.
Andy I PM you my address and description of the O-ring I need .
I will pay for the 0-ring just PM me for the amount and I will send you payment before you ship it.
Thank you
Old 05/18/2006, 04:08 PM
Sponsor
10 & Over Club

No Charge...will mail tomorrow or Monday.
Old 05/26/2006, 09:34 PM
Premium Member

A got the O-Ring that i need today from MRC i only need one but Andy send me three small for the second chamber and two for my Calcium reactor.
Thank you Andy .
Old 05/26/2006, 11:49 PM
Registered Member

I knew Andy would come through for you. Great guy with awesome CS!
Old 05/27/2006, 10:59 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7447186#post7447186 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by znut Reefer
I knew Andy would come through for you. Great guy with awesome CS!
I agred 100%.
I think Andy is a great guy and over worked