Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Vendor Experiences
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04/05/2006, 05:50 PM
Guardian of Little People

Precision Clarity

Those users with active issues with this vendor, please feel free to post those concerns. Also, anyone with past experience please offer any advice you can. I must ask everyone to refrain from posting personal information about the vendor or making any veiled threats.

I really want this thread to remain open, so PLEASE post responsibly. Remember, Reef Central has no independent way of verifying any claims made here.

Thank you for your cooperation.

BrianD
Staff
Reef Central

Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant
Old 04/05/2006, 06:33 PM
Registered Member

everything precision clarity has done IS personal.people's money was taken in good faith to manufactuer an aquarium.obviously in many cases they didn't get what was paid for.i guess i was lucky and got something (though not exactly what i ordered) but i feel for the people still trying to get their tanks.i hope this thread continues and people that haven't recieved what they paid for can band together and get justice.they've been frauded and precision calrity (mike) should be incarcerated.
Old 04/05/2006, 08:56 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7119209#post7119209 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by frontnut
everything precision clarity has done IS personal.people's money was taken in good faith to manufactuer an aquarium.obviously in many cases they didn't get what was paid for.i guess i was lucky and got something (though not exactly what i ordered) but i feel for the people still trying to get their tanks.i hope this thread continues and people that haven't recieved what they paid for can band together and get justice.they've been frauded and precision calrity (mike) should be incarcerated.
I could not have said it better myself!

Wrassta and Pamela, what has happened?
Old 04/05/2006, 11:27 PM
Registered Member

Can someone please pass me the fbi phone number again?

Still no reply so need to make the call.

Tia,

Wrassta
Old 04/06/2006, 08:15 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7121322#post7121322 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ibwrasstaman
Can someone please pass me the fbi phone number again?

Still no reply so need to make the call.

Tia,

Wrassta
Here you go:

FBI Atlanta
2635 Century Parkway, Northeast
Suite 400
Atlanta, Georgia 30345-3112
www.atlanta.fbi.gov
(404) 679-9000
Old 04/06/2006, 12:24 PM
Registered Member

I have been following this thread for a while now and I am just disgusted with what Percision Clarity (Mike) has done to his customers. I guess I can consider myself lucky in the sense that I did receive my 375 from him where some have not. I am happy that my tank holds water but I am NOT happy that he neglected to cut out holes in the overflow boxes for my return lines, which made me have to make openings for them which has resulted in a spaces that my eel can get through that are difficult to block up. I am also NOT happy that I paid for 3/4"acrylic all around the tank when my top and bottom plates are 1/2"--- OH YEA, AND ALL THE WRANGLING AND PHONE CALLS & EMAILS I HAD TO MAKE TO GET THE TANK!
Just thought I would chime in,
Good luck to all of you in either getting your tank or your money back, and keep us updated on your progress.
Old 04/06/2006, 07:34 PM
Registered Member

i'm not surprised he short changed you as well on acrylic thickness.he did same to me,spose to be 1" completely and sent 1" body,1/2"bottom,3/4"top.replacement however was made with 1" completely,as ordered!no wonder the fool is outta business..
Old 04/11/2006, 11:08 AM
Registered Member

PrecisionClarity victims

I've been to the FBI website to file a complaint against removed. When I came back to the forums to get more info it appears that one of the key threads was closed by the moderator. I would like to know who else has been victimized by Mike and would like to contribute to the case against him?

The FBI agent I spoke to said I might have a case but it has to involve more people before the FBI can take action. This is why I strongly recommend that others join in. The site the agent gave me was:

www.ic3. gov

No threats againstremoved in this thread PLEASE! I do not want it to be closed off nor does it serve any good. If anyone feels the need to be critical you have my full premission to direct it at me for being such a total sucker. It looks like I'm out $4,950.

Good luck to all others in my shoes.

Last edited by BrianD; 04/11/2006 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04/11/2006, 01:22 PM

I have removed the name mentioned in the previous post. Please restrict your comments to the name of the company.

Old 04/11/2006, 03:30 PM
Registered Member

I have also filed with the FBI against MPC.
The agent told me he had what he needed.
I am willing to work with you on this emaughan.
I know Pamela is also a victim of MPC.
I was hoping the authorities would help on this.
Wrassta
Old 04/13/2006, 07:59 PM
Registered Member

WOW! The day I started seeking legal recourse I recieved a call from the vendor stating my tank, stand and canopy were shipped. He then provided a tracking number in a second email. Sure enough, I called the shipping company and it appears to be on its way. I was shocked! This was after 4 months of waiting for my tank, but at least now it's on its way. I do not know if the vendor got wind of my inquires to the FBI or if it was my last (of many) pleady, whinny emails begging him for my stuff.

If I get what was promissed in good shape - as some have - then I'll be very glad to have this ordeal over with. Hopefully I've also gained some valuable "education" in the process. I'll keep all posted as to what I end up receiving.
Old 04/14/2006, 08:07 AM

That is great news!

Old 04/14/2006, 08:05 PM
Registered Member

It arrived today!

The stand and canopy are great - he used solid cherry wood as requested. The tank was built to specs, but there are a few tiny bubbles in the seems toward the top. I'm not too worried about them as they are small and not in a critical location. He did not send the sump that was promissed. At this point I'm thankfull that I got what I did and who knows - maybe he will still send the sump if I ask.

I do not understand the guy. He could have an awesome business, and yet he seems like he is really two people - Jekel and Hyde. Just when I thought I was totally conned, I get a beautiful stand and canopy and an ok tank. My opinion he is not a con, but a very poor communicator and business man. In an email he sent me he stated that he is not a con artist and that everyone will eventually get their tanks. I got mine.

Best wishes to all who are still waiting for resolution, things worked out better than I was expecting a week ago. Hope all goes well for the rest of you.
Old 04/15/2006, 02:56 AM
Registered Member

I also received an email that my tank would be shipped last Thursday 4-13-06!
Hopefully it will show up this week, I will let you all know.
I am very happy to hear you received your order emaughan!
Stay tuned...
Wrassta
Old 04/15/2006, 09:14 AM

Great news Wrassta!

I hope Pamela is following this.

Old 04/15/2006, 09:43 AM
Registered Member

thats great news.i hope your tank is as you ordered and your completely satisfied!hopefully pamela gets an email with shipping pro number and hers turns out great as well.sure is a headache and stomach turner dealing with pc.congrats all.this forum helped, i assure you it helped me.
Old 04/17/2006, 09:26 AM
Premium Member

I'm so excited I could, well you know!!!!! Mike sent word to us as well that our's would be going out this week! Phillip told me along that he would come thru and to quit stressing out over it. That's why I dropped off and calmed down. Phillip has spoken with him and found out just as he told me all along that Mike just got over whelmed and it was taking more time than he had . He apologized for all the worry he caused and we're just so happy that he contacted us. We''ll let everyone know when we get the tank and post a pic. Thanks to all for the help and encouragement, Phillip and Pamela
Old 04/17/2006, 09:41 AM
Premium Member

Something must have happened on his end, he got a call or a visit from "someone" if find it too coincidental that everyone is suddenly hearing from PC.

I am glad to see everyone getting a response. GL
Old 04/21/2006, 09:56 AM
Registered Member

I received a call from a shipping company today. They said they have a delivery to make from Precision Clarity! They are going to deliver my tank on Monday!!!!!!!!!
I will post pictures as well.
Glad to hear you are getting your tank and stand Pamela.
Thanks Mike!
Old 04/22/2006, 07:45 AM
Registered Member

great news ibwrasstaman,looking forward to pictures!
Old 04/25/2006, 10:53 AM
Registered Member

I finally received my tank from PC yesterday!
It is built well except for some of the holes I requested are not per print. I can fix them so I accepted the tank. I need to get more help to move the tank into my home. We were luck to get it into the garage! I still need to snap some pictures.
I do not understand why the vendor has refused to speak with me??? But I am glad that I received what I paid for in the end.
So I hope to start a thread in the large reef tank category as I start putting it together. Now I can connect my two, four ways and my two Darts and the fortune I spent on connectors!
I want to thank several people that really helped me out.
Finally Happy Again and Smiling,
Wrassta
Old 04/25/2006, 07:36 PM
Registered Member

thats great news that you at least recieved something!now hopefully pamela will post that she's recieved hers!
Old 04/25/2006, 08:30 PM

More great news!

Old 05/01/2006, 09:07 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
It is built well except for some of the holes I requested are not per print. I can fix them so I accepted the tank. I need to get more help to move the tank into my home. We were luck to get it into the garage! I still need to snap some pictures.
Sounds familiar - it took 4 guys to get it into the house, but only to the music room. A week latter with 6 guys and we barely made it into the basement!

My holes were a bit bigger than I wanted on the drainage - any suggestions for how to best fit bulkheads to three inch holes? Savco seems to have some that will come close but the choices are either 2 5/8" or 3 1/4".

On a side note, PC never did respond about my sump - oh well it could have been much worse.
Old 05/02/2006, 11:18 PM
Registered Member

pamela, are you out there? did you recieve your tank? we're all waiting to hear from you!