Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Alabama Reefers
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/21/2007, 05:12 PM
Registered Member

NARC January Meeting

Hi y'all,

As we did in the past, some of us NARC members will be going to the regional frag swap in Nashville on January 19th. We usually do this in lieu of January meeting. Hope to see you guys up there.
Here's the thread for the frag swap if any of you need to find out about that.

I understand that Petco in Decatur may be willing to host us in the future. I hear that their SW section is not bad.

For a future meeting, I'd also like to suggest a field trip to a shop in Nashville or Birmingham. There are some nice stores we have not visited yet. There is also the good old Living Reef in Rainbow City (Have any of you been there lately? Are they still in good shape?)

As usual, I am going to need a volunteer for future meetings. Can someone host us in February or March?

Tomoko
Old 12/28/2007, 12:13 PM
Registered Member

Tomoko,

I travel to anniston/oxford alot with work and was just in Living Reef a few weeks ago and they didn't have alot. Their corals looked pretty good but their fish tanks were not looking great.

There is a GREAT store in Oxford thet I go to when I'm there it is called valley tropical fish. Check them out sometime when you are down that way.

Dave
Old 12/28/2007, 02:49 PM
Registered Member

Tomoko,

EAR's first two meetings were hosted at Valley Tropical Fish. Its a really nice store. You might want to ask Kathy the owner to host a meeting sometime. Maybe even combine NARC with EARS together for a future meeting there let us newbies learn from the pros. Also if your in need of a meeting place for January we would be happy for NARC to join us at Aqua Escapes on the third Saturday of January. We are still working on the details of the next meeting and are in need of ideas of what we can do during the meeting ~Carrie
Old 12/28/2007, 03:03 PM
Registered Member

Thank you guys. We will keep these shops in mind for future field trips.

Tomoko
Old 12/29/2007, 06:50 AM
Registered Member

What is the address for Valley Tropical Fish>
Old 12/29/2007, 12:33 PM
Registered Member

Valley Tropical Fish's address is
1013 Snow Street
Brook Village
Oxford, AL 36203

If your also into just checking out the local shops and dont mind going a little bit further from the interstate exit at Oxford you could also check out Aqua Pets on Hwy 431. Let me know if you would like that address too.
Old 01/08/2008, 05:10 PM
NARC Reefer

Tomoko,
Don't know if I'll be able to make it this year or not. If I do make it, can I get part of a table with you or the club? If not, would you be willing to carry a few things to sell for me?
Mariner

~The perception is that perception is reality, but the reality is that it isn't.
Old 01/08/2008, 05:43 PM
Registered Member

I am glad to share the club table with you. There should be a plenty of room since no one asked for a table space so far.

I really hope you can make it

Tomoko
Old 01/11/2008, 05:17 PM
Registered Member

Where is Oxford,Alabama
Old 01/11/2008, 09:43 PM
Registered Member

basically anniston