Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 09/17/2007, 12:01 PM
Registered Member

Victims of Healthypetpete AKA Peter Rupp

I don't get it so far I got about 3 members that got ripped off by this guy and non step up.

Have the gut to post your story here so other members can avoid running into the similar problem. Why are you guys hiding ?

So far I got all the proof that I needed from all sides + filed my case with the police. Captain of NGPD wants all victims to contact him so he can build a case again this guy.

I have learned that: don't sell to members that just signed up, only a few post, using different e-mail to send payment, unconfirmed address, make sure the person name on the address match with the e-mail or the person buying your stuff, also if possible NO CREDIT CARD and last if your gut telling you there is something smell fishy....listen to it and move on to the next buyer.

I hope I am not violating any RC policy by posting this thread, again please step up to the plate.
Old 09/18/2007, 02:33 PM
Registered Member

Im a vicitim of his as well. I e-mailed the police, but havent heard back yet. Im hoping the claim against our money in paypal will be denied and we get our money back that way.
Old 09/18/2007, 07:35 PM
Registered Member

if any member needs the police information please e-mail me.
Old 09/19/2007, 06:27 AM
Garbologist

What's the story here? I find nothing here that he has sold.

The Tribal Wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that:

"When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."
Old 09/19/2007, 07:43 AM
Premium Member

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...readid=1204545
Old 09/19/2007, 07:45 AM
Registered Member

He bought equiptment from several members here on RC. He used someone elses credit card to buy the equiptment through paypal. The person then had their credit card company charge all the sellers back the money. So, all the members here on RC are out their money they sold the equiptment for as well as the equiptment itself.

He is under investigation for fraud and we need everyone who got scammed by this guy to get in contact with the police department. He basically stole thousands of $$ from RC members.
Old 09/19/2007, 10:11 AM
Registered Member

eek, too much dishonestly going on here lately.
Old 09/19/2007, 11:36 AM
Registered Member

This Peter Rupp is a terrible guy!! Chaffey the links you have posted are from 2006 when he was arrested for exposing himself to young girls.

However, from what I understand he is currently under investigation for many items called out in this thread and a few others from other forums.

This person has created drama on other forums as well, and for peoples lives in the area of NY that he is from.

Personally I hope he get's what he deserves! Karma is a son-of-gun!
Old 09/19/2007, 11:53 AM
RC Admin

I'm closing this now as it is in the hands of the police. The negative feedback has been registered, there's nothing more to be gained from this dialog.

"So, Mike was right." - MalHavoc