Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/10/2005, 09:45 AM
Send money....

New ricordia and green frilly mushroom

Just got these from local reefers this weekend. Both had larger tanks with MH lighting. My tank is a 10 gal, currently with a mix of PC, NO, and actinic lighting. Probably today or tomorrow will get my order so it will be all 50/50 PC lighting, total of 90 watts. I'm essentially gathering up nano-sized bits of corals to eventually use to populate my 120 gal as I get it set up.

Is tying them down using fishing line an acceptable and effective way to get them to attach to the rock you want them on? Did this last night, tried not to be too tight so as to slice through them.

And will going from tanks that had MH lighting on them to my small 10 gal with PC lighting cause much problem for them? I noted both last night had "pillars" of tissue stretching upward as though "reaching" towards the lights. It's going to be at least a couple of months or more before I have stronger lighting for them - in terms of MH lighting.

Thanks for any input.
Old 01/10/2005, 10:10 AM
Send money....

oops, meant to put this in the regular coral forum.