Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Do It Yourself
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/14/2007, 11:33 AM
Registered Member

Questions!

Where's a local place to get John Guest fittings? Also...one cartridge (sediment filter cartridge) doesn't seal all the way, can this be solved with teflon tape? Thanks.
Old 11/14/2007, 12:43 PM
Premium Member

Since you dont post your location in your profile, it would be hard to say where 'local" is for you.....

But, I can buy them at the Home Depot In Longmont Colorado.

Stu
Old 11/14/2007, 12:59 PM
Premium Member

Most Lowes stores cary the WATTS brand of quick connect fittings. They are John Guest compatible.
Old 11/14/2007, 01:21 PM
Registered Member

MY HD has the John Guest fittings.
Old 11/14/2007, 01:33 PM
Premium Member

My HD must suck.
Old 11/14/2007, 01:54 PM
Registered Member

No mine does, it is more like a 3/4 HD. It was a trial for to see if it would work in smaller towns. It does not carry some products like a regular one does. The one thing that pops into mind is no hose cut to length. The have some precut to 10' lengths, but just a few.
Old 11/14/2007, 02:30 PM
Premium Member

"Hey can I get some help? I need a 200A service panel and a service entrance weatherhead"

"Sorry man, this is not my regular department, I am the garden depertment guy"

"Hey can I get some help? I need to order a bathtub and rubbed bronze fixtures"

"Sorry man, this is not my regular department, I work in electrical usually"

I hate going to those places and trying to get help. I feel bad fpr those folks who don't know what they are looking for, or those looking for advice or instruction!

I can't help but to help people when I am there.... I hate to see folks be given bad advice when it comes to construction projects.

"Sure all you need to do is spread that pre-mixed thinset out over the plywood and set your 16x16 travertine tiles in place. When your done grout with this pre-mixed grout. Use some spray sealer and your all set. It will last you a lifetime but call the manufacturer if the tiles heave in a week, not us!."
Old 11/14/2007, 03:03 PM
Registered Member

I know what you mean. I know where everyhting is and I move switly through the store where I guess it puts a sign above my head saying

"I am not dressed like a HD employee at all but ask me anyways because I loot like I know what I am doing."

It does not bother me because I like helping people. I know they will go away more satisified then if they were helped by the actual employees.
Old 11/14/2007, 06:04 PM
Reef Cowboy

Try your Culligan dude in your town. Or just order them online if you can wait a couple days.

Last edited by kevin95695; 11/14/2007 at 06:28 PM.