Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/28/2007, 08:23 PM
Premium Member

Moved Tank

Well today was the day. It took me only about 8 hrs. So now that its moved what should I look out for. I had to add abot 80 gallons of water. Also should I do a WC next week just so it will be alright.
Old 12/28/2007, 08:34 PM
Registered Member

well from my own personal experience moving my tank, i noticed alot of stirred up detritus. i think alot of it comes from pockets in the sand bed. after it settles you can siphon as much as you can, then blow the rocks off with a power head and do a water change while the detritus is still suspended in the water column. i imagine that you have a sump with a filter sock at the end of the drain? clean it more often than you normaly would. water changes never hurt.
so was it the 120 that you moved? what a PITA! kudos to you my friend, that is quite the monumental task!
Old 12/28/2007, 08:39 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by chrismunn
well from my own personal experience moving my tank, i noticed alot of stirred up detritus. i think alot of it comes from pockets in the sand bed. after it settles you can siphon as much as you can, then blow the rocks off with a power head and do a water change while the detritus is still suspended in the water column. i imagine that you have a sump with a filter sock at the end of the drain? clean it more often than you normaly would. water changes never hurt.
so was it the 120 that you moved? what a PITA! kudos to you my friend, that is quite the monumental task!
I moved a 72 last year and I tell you I regreat getting a 120.It sure was a PITA. But that doesnt top it off. My daughter decides that soda can go into my $200 Battery back up. Yeah you can just imagine what happen even without it plugged in.
Old 12/28/2007, 08:50 PM
Registered Member

what a drag man! so is it toast, or do you think its salvageable???
i think the worst my daughter has done is dump an entire can of fish food into the 10g. no problem really i suppose? your much worse off than i was
Old 12/28/2007, 08:54 PM
Premium Member

I tok it apart. Two compaitors are fried but I can fix them wen I find them, or Call them and say I bought it less then a couple months ago and have it repaired under warrenty. lol
Old 12/28/2007, 09:18 PM
Registered Member

well good luck with that one, sounds like you got it all under controll...
Old 12/28/2007, 09:27 PM
Registered Member

oh, here you go boss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfGv9...eature=related