Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Southern California Reefers
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08/14/2005, 05:43 PM
Registered Member

Angry Reef Collection...WHAT A JOKE!!!

So I was talking to a buddy of mine about setting up a new reef tank and about stocking up on livestock...I have been taking a break from the hobby since April when my tank crashed on me while we were on vacation.

I mentioned about how Acanthastreas were much more common now. He warned me not to go to Reef Collection because Vinnie, their sales guy, had told him that if I ever stepped foot in their store, he was going to "[profanity]".

It doesn't surprise me at all that Vinny would say such a thing. [profanity] I feel sorry for all the hobbyists that take advice from him. I've forgotten more things about this hobby than Vinnie has ever known in his less than one year of experience in the hobby. I am sure people will continue to shop at Reef Collection, just don't listen to Vinnie...he is totally clueless in keeping corals, as well as being clueless in life.

Frank's a nice guy, but I don't know how he thinks he is going to be able to compete when he has this guy working for him. Needless to say, I WON"T be going to Reef Collection to buy anything from them again.

Oh, and Vinnie, if you are reading this, it's not because I am afraid to stand toe to toe with you. I just have grown up and have too much to lose to mess with a moron like you.

Last edited by beerguy; 08/14/2005 at 06:17 PM.
Old 08/14/2005, 05:58 PM
Registered Member

I love stupid people they make my day =) Can I ask what you did to Vinnie?
Old 08/14/2005, 06:18 PM
RC Staff & Thread Pirate

If you're unable to make your point without using profanity or calling names then you're on the wrong board.

This is a family friendly forum, please post accordingly.

--beerguy

Nuclear winter solves global warming.
Old 08/14/2005, 06:29 PM

Both of you should get in coconut bras and wrestle, while us silent observers toss cheetos at you. Winner gets a lifetime supply of steel umbrellas to protect your heads as the Acan prices fall from the sky.

Or you can just decide to be friends. It's easier.
Old 08/14/2005, 06:34 PM
Registered Member

LOL this is getting good now...lol
Old 08/14/2005, 06:37 PM
Premium Member

Wow... someone spent the time to start a post like this...
Old 08/14/2005, 06:42 PM
Registered Member

Project Reef -

Hey, I didn't know that the guy held such anymosity towards me until my buddy told me. The only disagreement I had with him was when he messed up and sold a piece of coral that the owner, Frank, had already put aside for me. Frank reversed his sale and gave it to me. Like I said, Frank is a nice guy. But from that, this guy wants to fight me? I thought it was funny...

Beerguy -

Interesting, figured I was within the rules. If anything, I thought you would have replaced my use of "moron".

PVChick12 -

The only thing I ever did to Vinnie was complain to the owner that he sold a piece of coral that was already put on hold for me by the owner. To think that would make the guy mad enough to want to fight...too funny
Old 08/14/2005, 06:48 PM
Registered Member

dymaxiun -

Yes, I thought it was worth the time to post this thread when someone wants to fight over something like that. It's not YOU that Vinnie wants a fight with... And the fact that he was telling other customers that he wanted to fight me if I came into Reef Collection... Just wanted to point out what a choice person Vinnie is.
Old 08/14/2005, 06:49 PM

I understand you're heated right now. Try not to be man. Not worth the trouble over a couple of corals. Even if it's not the coral, but the whole 'principle' of the matter, it's not worth it to get into with people like that. Just relax and eat some delicious ice cream.

I wish I had ice cream.

It's all about ice cream. Forget corals.
Old 08/14/2005, 06:56 PM
Registered Member

Project Reef - I'm cool man. I'm not mad, just thought it was too funny. Also I figured if I go missing, everybody here would know who to look at. hehehe
Old 08/14/2005, 06:57 PM
Moved On

Ali-I'm kind curious about your underground coconut bra wrestling circuit. I always wondered where you got that gold watch hehehehe
Old 08/14/2005, 06:59 PM
Registered Member

HAHAHA...wow...i want some ice cream now...gosh..tanks...i mean..thanks*
Old 08/14/2005, 07:11 PM
Thread Killer :(

Pretty stupid to act like that when there are only several dozen other LFS in S. Cali that one can attend instead that doesnt have chemically imbalanced employees

and uh, fwiw....

I happen to OWN a cocunt bra and matching purse.

However, that doesn't mean instant success for everyone else.

Adrienne
Old 08/14/2005, 07:12 PM

That's soooo hot.
Old 08/14/2005, 07:12 PM
Thread Killer :(

However, that doesn't mean instant success for everyone else.

Adrienne
Old 08/14/2005, 07:36 PM
Premium Member

Well, I'm not sure if I should be laughing or upset over this whole thread Joe. Spreading gossip and saying that person "a" is going to kick person "b"s butt because of something silly is just childish. (anyone see a lot of 30-year olds in high school? not me!) I'm sorry that your friend thought it was necessary to spread such rumors.

The only reason Vinnie ever told me he wasn't happy with you was because of your 'pushing buttons' - to get what you want. He wasn't upset over that one incident you mentioned earlier.

If you would have asked me last week when you came in, I would have told you. You've admitted yourself that you liked 'pushing buttons' to get what you wanted out of people and openly admitted to doing that to us. I remember every encounter with you and think you are an interesting fellow. I would appreciate it if you would refrain from attacking us because you don't get along with one guy at our store.

We're working our butts off over here trying to get a respectable store that people can get good stuff without breaking the bank. What you're doing here is hurting my wife's and my own well being by attacking us on this forum. We're people too - who are trying to make an honest living with the hobby we love - why do you find it necessary to hurt us?

If you don't think you are attacking the store, then read the title of your thread.

And you did set foot in the store last week - was it to test your friend's theory? Were you disappointed that there was no ill will and felt you had to stir somthing up by posting here?

Frank
Old 08/14/2005, 07:53 PM
Registered Member

Frank, I came into your store last week because I am about to start up my tank again. I had no issues with you or your store until my friend told me what Vinnie had said. My friend is a hobbiest and goes to your store. He doesn't represent any other store and has nothing to gain from making things up.

You knew as well as I did that Vinnie was unhappy with me since that very specific incident. I put it behind me, but I guess he hasn't. It has nothing to do with me pushing anybody's button, and it amazes me that you say that. If you want to make it sound that way, I can see why, it's your store, and this could be seen as bad press. Remember now, I have posted a lot of positive things about you in the past...Did I put you down? No, I said you were a nice guy. Do I take issue with your employee wanting to hurt me? YES I DO! Remember, it was Vinnie that wanted to hurt ME the next time I came to YOUR store...

Is he going to admit to it? Of course not. He bad mouths a lot of hobbiest. To make threats though...that is a whole different issue. Maybe you should question Vinnie...Hard concept to think that he might have said such a thing? Come on...you know him better than that!
Old 08/14/2005, 07:54 PM
Registered Member

Ok. I am now officially subscribed!
Old 08/14/2005, 07:54 PM
RC Staff & Thread Pirate

You two seem like reasonable folks. Why don't you two settle this like adults, offline.

--closed--

Nuclear winter solves global warming.