Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Capital District Marine Aquarist Society
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03/29/2007, 01:48 PM
Registered Member

Angry Not many people

jeeeeez!!!!!!!!! i stoped comming around for a lil while to get away from all te crap and politics and POOF evey1 is gone
Old 03/29/2007, 01:55 PM
CDMAS Member

Yup, we moved over to the new forum. Plenty of activity over ther!
Old 03/29/2007, 05:11 PM
Reef Tank Addict

Some of us are still here by popular demand
Old 03/29/2007, 05:33 PM
Benevolent Dictator

All official info is only available on the club forum.... very few members post here. As Ken mentioned the club forum is very active.
Old 03/30/2007, 11:50 PM
Registered Member

I'm here
Old 03/31/2007, 07:00 AM
Premium Member

Ken and Joe,

why are you trying so hard to make people understand that nobody is here anymore? There has to be a reason for the continued need to 'press' the issue? Is it the membership dues now collected at the new site? Is it pride?

Peopel are still here, and most of those who are still here are so by choice.

I wish you could live with that and let us live with our oh so infrequently visited site,

thank you for your understanding
_
Old 03/31/2007, 08:09 AM
Registered Member

I'm with you on that one Rainer!
Old 03/31/2007, 09:32 AM
Reef Tank Addict

Its probably more against me to rub it in some

Thats how good ole Joe seems to be to me anyways, I cant say the same for Ken, although he chooses to not reply to my PM's...

Some of us will keep on posting here though
Old 04/01/2007, 06:14 AM
Premium Member

The posts here have all been pleasant and socially acceptable, and, even more importantly, positively geared toward our hobby. That's what I like

I am happy here,

Rainer
_
Old 04/01/2007, 09:05 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rainer Feyer
The posts here have all been pleasant and socially acceptable, and, even more importantly, positively geared toward our hobby. That's what I like

I am happy here,

Rainer
Have you checked out the new site lately Rainer? Every post over there lately has been more than friendly and informational. Yeah it had its problems starting off, what doesnt?
I'm in no way knocking our RC section or trying to convert anyone to the new forum, but please dont knock it unless you've been over there and checked it out lately. We have alot of good things going on over there right now.
As for it being mentioned in one of the other threads here that "We will all be back to RC at some point" ..thats pretty doubtful IMO. Yeah it may not be a "one stop shop" for all club activity, but lets face it...the club has too much going on to have a one stop general forum. It makes things look messy and alot of good posts get lost quickly with only one thread being used by that many people. The new site is 99% more functional for the club in means of sponsorship section, Club news & events, and so on. The benefits far outweight the downfalls.
Lastly, as for Ken and Joe "Trying so hard to make people understand that nobody is here anymore.".... Well...its pretty much the truth. All ACTIVE club activity is happening over there. If thats too much for you to bear or handle without getting upset, than what kind of club member are you? We have all worked very hard to make the recent forum change, a positive change for the club. We have all adapted, done our parts to swing things into a positive light. It's pretty upsetting to read the comments here when you seemingly havent even given the other forums a chance. I am by no means trying to steer anyone away from the club, or rub someone the wrong way with this post. Rainer I've only met you once. Your tanks are amazing, you are a very polite, respectable person also. You have alot of great views and ideas that this club and hobby could use. Please dont think that I am entirely singling (sp?) you out with this post. It just really bothers me to see some of the posts over here so "anti-new forums", exspecially since most of yas left here on RC, havent given the new forum a chance what so ever. Just my .02 cents and hope to see yas around sometime soon.
Dan
a.k.a. WinkeyWoneye

I suffer from REEFER MADNESS!!

Last edited by WinkeyWoneye; 04/01/2007 at 09:14 AM.
Old 04/01/2007, 10:12 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by WinkeyWoneye
Have you checked out the new site lately Rainer? Every post over there lately has been more than friendly and informational. Yeah it had its problems starting off, what doesnt?
I'm in no way knocking our RC section or trying to convert anyone to the new forum, but please dont knock it unless you've been over there and checked it out lately. We have alot of good things going on over there right now.
As for it being mentioned in one of the other threads here that "We will all be back to RC at some point" ..thats pretty doubtful IMO. Yeah it may not be a "one stop shop" for all club activity, but lets face it...the club has too much going on to have a one stop general forum. It makes things look messy and alot of good posts get lost quickly with only one thread being used by that many people. The new site is 99% more functional for the club in means of sponsorship section, Club news & events, and so on. The benefits far outweight the downfalls.
Lastly, as for Ken and Joe "Trying so hard to make people understand that nobody is here anymore.".... Well...its pretty much the truth. All ACTIVE club activity is happening over there. If thats too much for you to bear or handle without getting upset, than what kind of club member are you? We have all worked very hard to make the recent forum change, a positive change for the club. We have all adapted, done our parts to swing things into a positive light. It's pretty upsetting to read the comments here when you seemingly havent even given the other forums a chance. I am by no means trying to steer anyone away from the club, or rub someone the wrong way with this post. Rainer I've only met you once. Your tanks are amazing, you are a very polite, respectable person also. You have alot of great views and ideas that this club and hobby could use. Please dont think that I am entirely singling (sp?) you out with this post. It just really bothers me to see some of the posts over here so "anti-new forums", exspecially since most of yas left here on RC, havent given the new forum a chance what so ever. Just my .02 cents and hope to see yas around sometime soon.
Dan
a.k.a. WinkeyWoneye
well said Dan!
Old 04/01/2007, 11:36 AM
Registered Member

I didn't really see any wrong with what Rainer had to say.

[[ Quote] "Ken and Joe,
why are you trying so hard to make people understand that nobody is here anymore? There has to be a reason for the continued need to 'press' the issue? Is it the membership dues now collected at the new site? Is it pride?
Peopel are still here, and most of those who are still here are so by choice.
I wish you could live with that and let us live with our oh so infrequently visited site,
thank you for your understanding " ]]]

What post are " "anti-new forums"
Old 04/01/2007, 01:19 PM
Premium Member

I didnt really care to single any of them out in particular, but I will since you've requested. 2 of the more recent ones I have read that bother me would be........
Quote:
Originally posted by Rainer Feyer

This is also why I have a problem with the new site: it lost all the benefits of this site, namely, being part of a big conglomerate with the ability to increase or sustain growth ad lib. Yet, the new site had to actually exactly what the old site was bashed for: people who just didn't want to hold back a little for the fact that not everyone wants to hear rude, and, the new site now has their own moderators: What a waste and duplication of efforts! My experience with politics and life tells me that those who complained about the moderators here will soon find out that they may step into the same uncomfortable "Can't please everybody" shoes.
and

Quote:
Originally posted by Nammy
I still take a look at this forum now and than, waiting for everyone to come back. It's going to happen, there's no doubt.
I wasnt targeting just this thread in particular. In a way I guess it really does boil down to...it bothers me you guys here cant give the clubs new forum a chance. I never met you, but Rainer is a very nice guy and I believe has lots to offer for the club and should stay as active as he can, keeping in mind the stuff he has going on outside the club, of course. There are many people in CDMAS that respect his advice and ideas, myself included. I still like RC too, dont get me wrong. If there is something I ask there and cant find a answer for...I will come here and ask. The knowledge base of 10,000+ users is sweet for sure. The stuff that has been shared on our new site between just members is sweet too, and I'd like to see you all a part of it. As for Mr. Krazy...I really hope he can work things out with council also. I miss him being part of the club as well. I'm not trying to say I dont want anyone to not post here either, but atleast stay active with the other site and keep in touch with the latest happenings. The club has a alot of newer members and people looking to become members. Things are really starting to come together over there. We are changing in a positive way, dont look at it as a bad thing.

I suffer from REEFER MADNESS!!
Old 04/01/2007, 01:28 PM
Reef Tank Addict

Mr.Krazy has been permantly banned from CDMAS as they say I have a "general dis-respect" which is a crock of the BS... If that were the case, I'm sure a good number of the members wouldnt talk to me still... (I admitted my faults from the past but assured council it would never happen again, that just wasnt good enough I suppose)

That's all I'm gonna say on that subject as I dont want this to go any further well maybe just a touch further as me being accepted back The members should decide that fate for me.

Its nice to post over here, as Rainer mentioned, its been peaceful over here aside from the postings that nothing happens here...

Last edited by Krazy; 04/01/2007 at 01:35 PM.
Old 04/01/2007, 01:32 PM
CDMAS

Must be doing sommething right? LOL Not banned from RC... We all know who are friends are within the group. Luvs you alls

Last edited by Lakeside518; 04/01/2007 at 01:42 PM.
Old 04/01/2007, 05:33 PM
Registered Member

Krazy K, didn't know you were banned from CDMAS.
Old 04/01/2007, 05:49 PM
Reef Tank Addict

Quote:
Krazy K, didn't know you were banned from CDMAS.
Yup !

I am banned from CDMAS

The always polite and respectful guy I am in person was overseen by council as I posted some offensive pictures and comments during some tough times over on the cdmas forums. I lashed out online and got myself a ban. I will agree 100% I was wrong for my actions over there on there fourm, but a more sutable (sp?) punishment IMO would have been limited access to the forums, or no access to the forum but to still be allowed to attend meetings or something of that nature, it doesnt work that way over here with CDMAS though. Theres to many generals and not enough soliders. Maybe someday they'll see I do not have a "general dis-respect" but rather I enjoy and respect the hobby just as much as they do, and maybe they could put my past actions past them. I dont see it happening though as I've already wrote many apologies to the council

can't win 'em all !
Old 04/01/2007, 06:20 PM
Registered Member

Wow!
Don't know if I should talk to you, you're too much of a rebel.
What about frag swap and thing like that, can you attend?
Old 04/01/2007, 07:00 PM
Reef Tank Addict

Quote:
Wow!
Don't know if I should talk to you, you're too much of a rebel.
What about frag swap and thing like that, can you attend?
They dont want me attending club meeting or functions, CDMAS meetings and functions that is... ( I missed a good meeting last month by a good friend of mine, really lights my fire I tell ya)

I am a rebel arnt I

That green nepetha I got from you has done just amazing with growth, took the pink sarc awhile to adjust but its doing good as well

I gave a frag of the nepetha to winkeywoneye, it puffed up for him in no time as well
Old 04/01/2007, 07:21 PM
Registered Member

You should see my Nep'ssss, There so big and so many.
Glad to hear there doing OK.
Old 04/01/2007, 07:38 PM
Benevolent Dictator

Quote:
Originally posted by Krazy K
Yup !

I will agree 100% I was wrong for my actions over there on there fourm, but a more sutable (sp?) punishment IMO would have been limited access to the forums, or no access to the forum but to still be allowed to attend meetings or something of that nature, it doesnt work that way over here with CDMAS though.
I will only make this one comment.... Keith you were suspended first. YOU in a colorful way told the council to ban you and you would never be back. Lets keep the story straight. And for the record it was not just the councils decision but also the 4-5 moderators that made the final decision.
Old 04/01/2007, 07:51 PM
Reef Tank Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by jallard
I will only make this one comment.... Keith you were suspended first. YOU in a colorful way told the council to ban you and you would never be back. Lets keep the story straight. And for the record it was not just the councils decision but also the 4-5 moderators that made the final decision.
WOW!

The boss man finally replies...

Your right, I was told it was a suspension at first, But then I was told there was no intentions of reinstatement when I inquired about when I would be allowed back (hopeing sooner rather then later) Just out of curiousty who are the moderators the 4 or 5 council members you have??? (I know, whats it matter anyways) PS: I never told anyone to ban me. I did ask to be taken off the members list out of anger for the suspension at the time... "for the record"

In all honesty Joe, I never had any problems with you except for you seeming to be "on a power trip" I could care less about going on the forums, even though I still browse them, I'd be happy with just attending the monthly meetings, you cant deny me the fact that I was always 110% respectful in person to EVERYONE, but we both cant deny I was a real jerk on the cdmas forums...

Regardless of what you say, or how you feel, I will continue to post here and it will be in a respectable and positive manner related to the hobby...

Last edited by Krazy; 04/01/2007 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04/01/2007, 07:52 PM
Registered Member

K, You're just too Aggresive
Old 04/01/2007, 07:57 PM
Reef Tank Addict

Quote:
K, You're just too Aggresive
I wish you lived closer, your good people
Old 04/01/2007, 09:22 PM
Registered Member

26 years in the military and have moved to a different place every 4 years, thrust me, I've seen it all.

Check this out!

http://users.gazinter.net/melan/Warn/Warnenu.htm