Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/07/2005, 01:40 PM
Registered Member

100 gal tank help, two 2"bulkheads,dolphin pump?

100 gal tank help, two 2"bulkheads,dolphin pump?

Please help or give suggestions:
I have a 100 gallon acrylic tank (60"x18.25"x20")
I plan on having two 2" bulkheads with 90 degree elbows comming straight out out the back of my acrylic tank approximately 2" down from top of tank directly into my 50 gallon (48"x13"x20") sump tank.

I would ideally like to use the Dolphin Amp Master/Aqua sea pump model 3000 or 3600 to return the water to the tank via 1.5" tubing that leads into an inline Y that will split the flow into 2 paths atop the tank where it will then be further split into 4 seperate directions atop the tank with 3/4" loc-line fittings (for a total of 4 flare nozzles with adjustable valves on each nozzle).
WILL THIS WORK???

Any suggestions as to how I should set this system up would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 12/07/2005, 01:49 PM
Man am I busy

in theory there are no problems here, but I have some questions

1st is a comment watch the ampmaster they can leak and keep a spare set of seals around.

2nd how are you getting the water and nothing else out of the tank is there a staining system?

3rd are there and check valves in the system?

4th are you going to use a ball valuve on the main return
Old 12/07/2005, 04:50 PM
Registered Member

1st of all much Thanks Reef man for the Help,
to answer the questions:
2. Only the strainer on the bulkhead(Do i have to custom make an overflow box? Id rather not but if so what is the simplest way to do so?)
3. Yes a check valve on the water returning to the tank
4. Yes I plan on using a ball valve for the returning of water to the tank (im assuming this is what I will use to adjust the flow of water?)

Let me know if you have any other suggestions for the system, this will be my first large reef setup, my main concern is obviously not to overflow the system onto my nice hardwood floor!

thanks again!
Inputs greatly appreciated! =]