Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Wisconsin - Fox Valley Reefers Club (FVRC)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/27/2007, 08:06 PM
Registered Member

Upcoming Meetings

As I mentioned at the meeting today, the next few (all) meetings need some hosts. Meetings need not be at your house or even be involved with your tank.They just need to be owned by someone. Set up a field trip. Set up a liquid meeting at one of northeastern Wisconsin's finer drinking establishments. Just take ownership of a meeting if you haven't hosted one already.
You set the time and the place!
To start the ball rolling I will get this thread set up as a sticky AND take ownership of the July meeting......
So :

February???????
March??????
April???????
May????????
June???????
July - jandlms- Jon Streu - GreenBay.
Reef club meeting and summer barbecue. I have 11 acres, a pool, a fish pond and a grill just waiting for July. No you can't camp overnight but you can stay around the campfire till the wee hours. Barbecue potluck sort of thing. Date and time to be determined!

There that got the ball rolling. Time for everyone elsse to step forward!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01/27/2007, 08:09 PM
Registered Member

hey how about a meeting at Marty's Boston Crab
Old 01/27/2007, 08:36 PM
Registered Member

If you want to set one up there and take ownership of the meeting then great, otherwise this thread should probably be used for the purpose of setting up a meeting. Another thread with ideas about meetings would certainly be great to set up if you wished.
Old 01/28/2007, 12:28 PM
:::===( @ | }

Isn't June the month of the F+S frag swap? If I remember right we didn't have a meeting last year that month, cause the swap kinda took its place. So if nobody else wants it Ill take the swap meet/meeting to host, for now untill my tank matures a little bit (no one wants to look at a freshly cycled tank with at couple of corals that came from YOU) then ill host a meet at the apartment.

Now I have to go to the swap....oh darn

I know how having a meet and that in one month would get to be too much.

Thankx Jon for getting this ball rolling, we have been last minute preparing for some of the meetings if we don't set dates/pick a host they just don't happen.

June Meeting 29-30-July1, Bri Guy, Brian, Fosters + Smith
Old 01/28/2007, 03:26 PM
Registered Member

Thanks Bri Guy! Let me know if you need help contacting F/S . I will be attending as a swapper at least one of the days.
jandlms
Old 01/28/2007, 11:38 PM
Propagator Extraordinaire

Okay guys, I'm going to take some initiative here and say I'll take the May meeting (subject to change! LOL), so I've got some more incentive to get my butt in gear and get things done around here. We can work out specifics at a later date as it gets closer.
Old 01/29/2007, 09:06 PM
Just another crazy

If anyone would like I would like to do the same thing I did last year. Doesn't matter to me which month thats if anyone would like to come back up to the boonies again.

Mike
Old 01/31/2007, 07:07 PM
Registered Member

Lishoop, hows that thing your doing at Marty's comming along?

I'm hungry.

Jason
Old 01/31/2007, 10:11 PM
Registered Member

I can reserve a private party room on Friday March 23 at 5:30. I need to know a number for the reserve though so pm me if avalible for that day by the end of February. (How's that for taking charge of a meeting)
Old 01/31/2007, 10:14 PM
Registered Member

oh ya the web site is http://www.martysbostoncrab.com/
Old 01/31/2007, 11:10 PM
Registered Member

Are you taking charge?

J
Old 02/01/2007, 09:33 AM
Registered Member

yup and if any one is wondering the price of the food the menu is on the web site all you have to worry about is your own tab you run for this meeting and we could play videos in the room too explore the site and you will see what i mean (did i mention they have an aquarium of monstrous size)
Old 02/02/2007, 10:38 PM
Registered Member

Well if the club doesn't mind taking a road trip to Gods country I will be happy to take any month during the two weeks of summer we have up here (Crivitz).

Seriously, since RCS called May, and June is the Frag swap I can take anything from July to Sept. I live on a lake up here, and I have a nice big deck everyone can hang out on.

My house is not really designed for entertaining large groups so the deck would be best for the massess, and small groups can rotate through the house if they really want to see the tank (thrilling).

I have the space indoors if it rains, it's just the vital areas (kitchen/bathroom/entrance) is where the jam ups occur.
Kid I’ve been from one end of RC to other and I have seen a lot of strange stuff but I haven’t seen anything to make me believe there is one all powerful way of setting up a tank that fixes everything
Old 02/02/2007, 10:45 PM
Registered Member

I have taken on the July meeting. August and September are still open.
AND
We need someone to take the February meeting. Come on those of you who haven't hosted yet. Nothing fancy is needed!!!!!!
jandlms
Old 02/02/2007, 10:48 PM
Registered Member

I'll take August then. It could be snowing in Sept up here.
Kid I’ve been from one end of RC to other and I have seen a lot of strange stuff but I haven’t seen anything to make me believe there is one all powerful way of setting up a tank that fixes everything
Old 02/02/2007, 10:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jandlms
I have taken on the July meeting. August and September are still open.
AND
We need someone to take the February meeting. Come on those of you who haven't hosted yet. Nothing fancy is needed!!!!!!
jandlms
Hey Spike, you guys going to be open by the end of Feb? That would be a great place to hold the meeting, kinda like a house warming.

Just an idea...... I didn't say it was necessarily a good one.
Old 02/03/2007, 01:25 AM
Registered Member

Jon, I'm way to self concious, when you say "Nothing fancy is needed!!!!!! I just wanna jump up and scream "pick me pick me! Thats me!"

No seroiusly, I'd love to go see your tanks Rhodesholar! I'm always up for a summer drive. Even if it's fall a few minutes north of the fireworks shop. It's still beautiful up by you.

Jon, Put Rhodescholar down before there is any mind changing going on here....

This thread has been viewed 154 times. It's not all just me.... we have had one brave soul step up.
Old 02/03/2007, 12:31 PM
Registered Member

If it is to far away for you all to come up here I totaly understand.
Old 02/03/2007, 12:32 PM
Just another crazy

Well I will take September again unless someone else closer wants it.

Mike
Old 02/03/2007, 10:40 PM
hookt on fonix

I'll take the April meeting if Coralboy Kevin is open to having it at his place. I will be back from vacation then and will have lots of info and media to share.
I had called Kevin last fall about allowing me to host there and at that time it was no problem, then things got crazy for me at work and I was not available.
If he says no problem for an April meeting then I'll host it otherwise it is too far of a drive for all of you to come down here, (although some of you have made the trip!) so I will bring the meeting closer to you all.
More as things develop.
Old 02/04/2007, 04:04 PM
Eye on our reefs

February ???
March - Lishoop Marty's Boston Crab 23rd at 5:30 pm
April - Ron (Limpit) Coral Boy Farms (tbd)
May - Fred (RCS)
June - Frag Swap
July - Jon (jandlms)
August - Rhodesholar
September- Mike (Mako56)
Old 02/04/2007, 04:40 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Lishoop6
I can reserve a private party room on Friday March 23 at 5:30. I need to know a number for the reserve though so pm me if avalible for that day by the end of February. (How's that for taking charge of a meeting)
I can make it by 6:30, but no way by 5:30. If that is ok count me as in.
Old 02/04/2007, 05:24 PM
:::===( @ | }

How about a "Tour of Tanks" for February? Get a couple of cars and drive from tank to tank. We could probably stop at 5 or 6 tanks, if we can get enough tanks lined up in a semi-close area.

Just and Idea.
Old 02/07/2007, 12:08 AM
Registered Member

Ok, whatch got lined up? Its Feb already,

Superbowl is done, now what?
Old 02/07/2007, 08:58 AM
Registered Member

Frag Fest '07?
"The North American P-51-D Mustang with the Rolls-Royce designed, Packard built, Merlin engine and Laminar flow wing is the greatest airplane ever built. We should build more of them, just because we can." Brian Nelson