Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Invert and Plant Forums > Mantis Shrimp
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/15/2005, 02:15 AM
Keeper(?) of Tim

Tim has been feeling a bit lonely with the holidays approaching. His last dinner date cut his bag open enroute to avoid the stress of meeting him. Hopefully Scourge is made of sterner stuff...

Zoanthid collector, Monitpoa sp. afficianado, Yuma snob and fan of the Mantis family.
Old 12/15/2005, 09:16 AM
Premium Member

Oh, scrouge is the toughest rascal ever known. PM me info on Tim's headquarters, and I will mail he-she with great care!!
Old 12/15/2005, 12:10 PM
Premium Member

You PM box is full!! Will resend my note later on the shipping stuff..maybe let me know when you've cleaned it out?
Old 12/15/2005, 01:03 PM
S Oregon Reefkeepers Club

Quote:
Originally posted by avansickle
Oh, scrouge is the toughest rascal ever known. PM me info on Tim's headquarters, and I will mail he-she with great care!!
Have a pic of Scrouge?
Old 12/15/2005, 01:38 PM
Keeper(?) of Tim

OK. PM box is open once more. Apologies for any inconvenience or missed messages that may have caused.

If any one sent me something in the last month and I 'ignored' it, chances are my PM box was full, so go ahead and send it again.

Zoanthid collector, Monitpoa sp. afficianado, Yuma snob and fan of the Mantis family.
Old 12/27/2005, 09:03 PM
Premium Member

Dear John (oh, sorry, I mean TIM!!) I really like you as a friend, but, and honestly it's NOT you, I just don't think I can move in with you. My human put me in a 75gal baby puffer tank recently, and finally I can grab bits of nourishment again, have more space to roam in and tons of rock to destroy. It's not the 210gal fiesta it used to be, but beats the heck of the 20gal motel room I was stashed in for a while. I KNOW I would taste good to you after a wonderful game of cat and mouse, but, for now this human likes to 'study' me for some reason, and doesn't understand I would be pleased to be served up as a cuilinary delight. I believe she agonized over fun games for us, and the great fun you would have wripping me claw by claw, eye by eye, apart, and decided I have too much wrath and havoc to wreack on this newest tank of hers yet. So, for now, I will be here. I'm sorry, as I said, I really like you as a friend, but it just can't be more.

Here is a movie she took of many of us 'banished' beings over the past year. Reefgeekster, this is more fun than a still shot!! In the beginning is my partner in crime, BUT, he gets to stay in the seahorse tank for some reason. I think he is kinder and gentler than me. I'm prowling in the dark in several scenes, but oh, I was at my grandest at the very very end when I was just a baby.

I hope you can see this flick okay. If not I'll have the human do something else to show me off.

All my best...Scrooge

Fun with Scrooge and Company

(Oh, I'm in more Hollywood Movies in the Home Reef Video thread!!)
Old 12/27/2005, 09:40 PM
S Oregon Reefkeepers Club

Kwell Vid, great Job!
Old 12/28/2005, 12:55 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ReefGeekster
Kwell Vid, great Job!
Thanks...the video making addiction I have with this hobby is too much fun! What do you all think of a mantis in my puffer tank?
Old 12/28/2005, 04:09 PM
Registered Member

Lets see a video of those baby puffers!
Old 01/12/2006, 11:20 AM
Keeper(?) of Tim

Right, so Tim's been a little slow making me make posts on his behalf. He did however make me transcribe a message in the Trading forums (here).

He still has many images piled up and stories in need of telling and he's entirely unhappy with the amount of time I've been alotting for his needs (so am I for that matter).

Hope all are well and just wanted to let every one know he's still alive and well; just moodier than normal.

Old 01/12/2006, 11:30 PM
Registered Member

So is Tim ever going to end up getting a new home in that 20gal tank? I'm sure he is ready for a new suite with fresh pillows and such
Old 01/12/2006, 11:35 PM
Keeper(?) of Tim

He's actually eyeballing the 75 to 29 conversion and may make the move into the new display tank.

A few considerations would have to be made, including finding the urchin a new home and configuring the rockscape to his liking...

It could still happen.

Old 01/12/2006, 11:58 PM
Registered Member

I'm sure that if you do that Tim will have a huge party and invite all those hermits and snails that you proboly have in the 75 back into his new digs for a "cocktail" or two!
Old 01/14/2006, 09:22 PM
Premium Member

I'm so relieved that Tim is still strutting his stuff DM great job . Man I love this hobby and the on going adventures of Tim . You do a great job of play by play action . Here's to ya Tim and DM
Old 01/15/2006, 03:25 AM
Registered Member

hiilllaaarious ! tim is awesome
Old 01/16/2006, 12:06 PM
Registered Member

Well I just finished reading the whole thread for the first time and am very impressed with Tim's use of the english language and his bitting (or should I say smashing) sense of humor. What university did he attend? Possible UST (U Stoma Tech) as evident by his engineering skills. Was he in a fraternity?(PHI KIK SUM BUTTA?) Did he play sports?(Wrestling, Football, Judo?) Was he in student government? (I know he now has aspirations to rule the world). So many questions about such a mysterious super stoma. Thanks Tim for the entertaining read.
Old 02/09/2006, 02:37 PM
Registered Member

Just reading thread....Awsome adventures Tim.. Would love to hear more... Do you have any cousins looking for a good home??? If so, let me know, I would love to set up a tank..er, i mean house just for them!!!

Seriously..I actually have been convinvced through this thread that I need to go to the store and get a mantis for myself. Looking forward to the next post.
Old 02/12/2006, 04:21 PM
Not that way, minions!!

Hey DM, is Tim still looking for any new ninja crab tankmates? I think that the evil-looking crab in my fowlr is gonna get kicked out soon.
Old 02/22/2006, 12:47 PM
Keeper(?) of Tim

Right so it's been awhile (again), what's new with Tim?...

Just upgraded Tim's tank (thanks Scalare!) with one of these...

Tim had been wreaking havoc on my nerves for about the past month trying to break open the small glass heater. I think it must've seemed like one monster of a meal through his eye.

Tim's ALWAYS looking for new mea... roommates, McGee. He's been going through "applicants" like mad recently as I tore down my 75 and converted it into a 29. He had a threesome of new friends who he enjoyed very much, but alas, they seem to have 'left' him soon afterwards. He has the hardest time making friends... *grin*

I think his (and my favorite) of the threesome was a white stone-crab who we spotted hanging out in the sand after the teardown (thanks again Scarlare). Tim and that guy 'partied' for hours. If Tim had neighbors, I'm certain they would've called the autorities.

Tim's also decided to investigate his college options at Stoma Tech (thanks ReefStu). He's planning a major, at this time, in Construction Management (specialty Demolitions) and perhaps a certificate program in "World Domination."

Tim's next big plans though include a monster party to which he's planning to invite a whole slew of snails and hermits. I think he's still trying to get over his friend Scrooge bagging on the opportunity to share the rent.

Old 02/22/2006, 01:03 PM
Registered Member

well its good to hear that Tim is still kickin it solo style at his place still........ i was wondering what he was up to.... keep us updated? maybe a few pics with the new retro heater installed?

tanner g.
Old 02/22/2006, 02:32 PM
Registered Member

I agree, can we get some pics of Tim's new domain??
Old 02/22/2006, 11:57 PM
Registered Member

Ah yes the classic Frat party at the PHI KIK SUM BUTTA house, Invite the whole student body over, trash the pad, crack open a few, haze the underclassmen, "hit" on all the ladies, and chase them all out screaming for the door. Good ol Stoma Tech. I think thier school mascot was Goliath and the moto was "If you can't beat em, smash em".
Tim, don't forget to thow the empties out on the lawn, you can have the Dean clean it up for you. We all know who's the Big Stoma On Campus.
Old 02/23/2006, 12:49 AM
Premium Member

Oh Tim, my mind swirls with pros and cons of moving out of state,and rooming blindly with someone new. Of course we'd be the best of friends, unless you're like a Jekyll-Hyde, or worse, a Hannibal Lecter? No, I'm sorry, I can't imagine that.

The weather has warmed though, and I'm now in a 30 cube with about 70 lbs of DEAD live rock, and a big ugly black scut. I think a jail break is in order. I'll get hold of DM, your business manager, and perhaps see again about having my business manager get off her butt and fly me to the frat house. Sounds like a lot the spring parties are about to start! (can you arrange for jello-shots??)

Cheers,
Scrooge
Old 02/23/2006, 09:16 PM
Registered Member

This is by far one of the best threads I have ever read. Who will Tim's next arch-nemesis be???
Old 02/23/2006, 09:17 PM
Registered Member

Well, I've got a sponge crab that just laughs at Boris...