Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/19/2007, 10:07 AM
RC Staff

This thread was automatically split due to performance issues. You can find the rest of the thread here: http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...7#post11213057
Old 11/19/2007, 10:07 AM
On "The List"

SPLIT!

HEY! I lost it first ~CRP

There is no "Brain" in "Brian." ~Beerguy
Old 11/19/2007, 10:09 AM
Registered Member

WOOHOO! My first split! I think this proves the Cowboy's greatness!
Old 11/19/2007, 10:38 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sufunk

WOOHOO! My first split! I think this proves the Cowboy's greatness!
They scared the crap out of me in the first half though. Thank goodness the Redskins never figured out they needed to cover TO.
Old 11/19/2007, 10:53 AM
Registered Member

It's really amazing watching TO and Moss just running wide open for td's seemingly whenever they want! Who exactly is the defense covering?!?!!?

I realize we have alot of weapons but it would seem that you would make SURE that TO is covered(and not by a linebacker) on EVERY single play.

Garrett does a great job of moving TO around to create mismatches but defenses should still NEVER leave him with a linebacker covering him with a safety helping over the top!
Old 11/19/2007, 02:20 PM
Registered Member

Man... it was TO all day.

If only Sean Taylor had been healthy....
Old 11/19/2007, 03:11 PM
Registered Member

I told ya Taylor being out would REALLY hurt.

It's really odd liking TO this much. Despite not doing very much for us, George Teague is a Cowboy legend solely for decking TO when he celebrated on the star 6 years ago. All hardcore Dallas fans have a special place in their hearts for Teague for blasting the HATED TO that day.

Now, we all sit around giddily chanting T.O. T.O. T.O. on gamedays. Weird how things work out!
Old 11/19/2007, 03:48 PM
Registered Member

I really hated the way TO was on the Eagles, even though I hate the Eagles period. But what he did to that team was crappy. I must say, even though I didn't agree with him talking about McNabb the way he did, McNabb is kind of proving TO right in his assessment of him. He really is overrated.
But on the Cowboys, TO seems to have seen the error of his ways. He did say in an interview(my son told me this-didn't see it myself) that he has stopped yelling at coaches on the sideline because he realized it doesn't get him any more field time by doing that. So maybe he's growing up a little. And he seems to have a good rapport with Tony Romo. I have a bit of a hard time believing it, but I hope he's turned a new leaf in his football career.
Old 11/19/2007, 05:38 PM
Registered Member

I hear you!

My Cowboy fan friends give me a ton of crap because before we signed him 2 years ago, i was yelling that i wouldn't even want him on our team for free much less 5 million a year! I DEFINITELY thought he would be a cancer like he was in SF and Philly.

I'd like to think that what he sais is true but i doubt it. I'd guess that the reason he doesn't yell at coaches anymore is because we have a o-coordinator who calls his number as much as he wants and a qb that throws to him constantly. Not to mention, we are winning nearly every game.

I suspect that if those things changed, he would revert back to his old self. Hopefully, that won't happen. He's in a perfect situation now but we'll see what happens. Next year is his last year of his 3 year $15 million deal and i've already heard that he wants a new deal before next season. Based on performance, he deserves more money. If we don't give it to him, i'll be interested to see how he behaves.
Old 11/19/2007, 10:04 PM
Registered Member

Cowboys got to get through the Pack to win the Super Bowl, and we all know that aint gonna happen. #4 is going all the way this year damnit, whether he has a good team around him or not!!! That's why he's the greatest QB to ever play the game, persistence.
Old 11/20/2007, 10:52 AM
Registered Member

Favre is having a great year but not as great as the year Romo is having!

A few little tidbits from Romo's career so far:

-Romo is on pace to have more yards, more td's, higher completion%, higher yards per attempt, higher td percentage, better QB rating and better record than Favre has ever had in any of his previous 16 seasons including his 3 MVP seasons.

-Last year and this year, Romo has a better QB rating than Tom Brady ever had in any season before this year.

-If he had enough attempts to qualify, right now Romo would rank #1 ALLTIME in QB rating, #2 ALLTIME in completion percentage, #1 ALLTIME in yards per attempt and #3 ALLTIME(#1 in the modern era) in touchdown percentage.

-career record in road games 9-1, overall 15-5

He is on pace to have one of the 5 best seasons by a QB in the HISTORY of the NFL. Unfortunately, it happens to be in the same year where Brady is going to shatter EVERY record imaginable

Still, not too shabby for a guy nobody wanted and wasn't drafted. He is better than Palmer or Leftwich who were drafted top 10 the year Romo came out. People downplay his numbers because they hate the Cowboys and because of the year Brady is having but the numbers don't lie. The season Romo is having so far(stats and record) has only been done by Marino, Manning, Warner and now Brady.

Thank god for Sean Payton and his Eastern Illinois connection or else we wouldn't have Romo either!!!
Old 11/20/2007, 11:01 AM
Registered Member

people hate the Cowboys? Thats news to me. I thought they were America's team?
Old 11/20/2007, 11:07 AM
Registered Member

We have the largest fan base, hence the America's team moniker, but like the Yankee's we are the team people LOVE to hate. If you aren't a fan, you probably hate us
Old 11/20/2007, 11:43 AM
Registered Member

I dont think the Cowboys are like the Yankees at all. Maybe in the early 90's but come on, I think that there can only be one Yankees in every sport and right now it is the Patriots in football. No question about it.
Old 11/20/2007, 11:53 AM
Registered Member

Yada , yada , yada..... Ok, Cowboy hater,lmao.

What a ridiculous statement. Actually, the Cowboys are just like the Yankees now, 2nd best! My angels have won a Series since the Yankees last did.

The Cowboys are like the Yankees because we have been consistently good except for small stretches for over 40 years. The Patriots have been good for 7 years, before that they were poopoo mostly. Prior to this decade, other than small stretches, the Patriots were consistently at the bottom of the league. Look back at the Patriots record year by year for the last 40 years and try to compare them to the Yankees or Cowboys
Old 11/20/2007, 12:08 PM
Registered Member

obviously there are arguments that can be made on both sides. I choose not to live in the past. I think that at THIS point in time, the patriots are most like the Yankees of football. Maybe the Yankees havent actually had the success of some other teams, but they are percieved by many as the juggernaut of the sport. (I am a huge baseball fan and know that to be untrue).
Heck look at the move that the Pats pulled with FHOF Junior Seau. He retired from the Dolphins only to sign with the Pats when they came calling, like what, a week later? If there was a salary cap in MLB like there is in the NFL, I think that is exactly how the Yanks would handle their biz.

The Cowboys, who I dont hate and could really care less about (I am a Jaguar fan ) are like the "junior Patriots" of the NFC. SImilar D scheme and similar key offensive personel (Moss/Owens; Brady/Romo; Barber/Maroney; Witten/Watson) although the Pats' personel are better.
Old 11/20/2007, 12:39 PM
Registered Member

I'm talking historically not today. The point was the majority of people over 30 grew up hating the Cowboys because of their success much like the Yankee's.

I dont have it in front of me but i believe the Cowboys have all of these records: most Super Bowls, most Super Bowl wins(tied), most playoff games and most playoff wins. If we make the Super Bowl this year, we will have appeared in over 20% of all Super Bowls. That makes us the Yankees or Celtics of the NFL.

A jags fan??? Now i know why you are upset! Who would you rather have gotten in 2003? Leftwich or Romo

If you are an attorney, i assume you are at least 26 years old, so you must have had a team before the Jags came into existence. So the question really is what loser did you jump ship from???
Old 11/20/2007, 12:57 PM
Registered Member

Well I am from Florida so I grew up a Dolphins fan. But when the Jags came into existence in my hometown, I switched teams. You have to cheer for your hometown team. I still like the 'phins somewhat, though.

Yeah, Leftich was horrible and I never really thought that he was a good pick. Slow feet with a release to match. I do like Garrard though. He is putting up decent numbers and is a team leader. I would like to see what he could do if he had any weapons to throw to.
Overall I am happy with the Jaguars though. They are a great team to root for. The players are friendly, they get along well with each other and play their !@@es off every week.
Old 11/20/2007, 01:05 PM
Registered Member

LOL, good move!

Other than Cowboy wins, the NFL game i enjoyed most in my life was the 62-7 farewell for Marino
Old 11/20/2007, 01:11 PM
Registered Member

yeah, that was wierd for me.
Old 11/20/2007, 02:50 PM
Where's My Jell-O?

Are we still having this conversation?

Just kidding! My hubby just told me that if the Packers and the Cowboys remain tied going into their game...

The game will not be aired here!

Thank God for Packer Radio Network!!!!!

Melting!
Old 11/20/2007, 02:58 PM
Registered Member

Yeah, BIG fight going on between the NFL and cable companies. Apparently, over 70% of the nation including Dallas and Green Bay dont carry the NFL network and won't get the game. Luckily, i have Directtv so no worries here.

There are actually 6-8 games on NFL network the rest of the year including Indy- Atlanta on Thanksgiving that most people wont get to see. They need to get this resolved before next season so this doesn't happen again. Biggest game in the NFC this year and most of the country cant watch?? Not good business!

It seems that the NFL network channel costs the cable companies more than almost any channel but gets very low ratings so most cable companies refuse to carry it.
Old 11/20/2007, 03:39 PM
Moderator Clone

Quote:
Originally posted by Anemone
I dunno. I like the Cowboys (but not TO!), but I think Brady has got his best team around him yet (and the other ones didn't perform too badly).
Well, six weeks later and my opinion hasn't changed. Brady still has the best team. Romo and the Cowboys still aren't quite there (but look out 1-2 years down the line).

Kevin

UCLA: 100
Stanford: 94
Southern California: 84
Oklahoma State: 48
Arkansas: 43
LSU: 40

Go PAC 10!
Old 11/20/2007, 03:49 PM
Registered Member

I'd disagree with you a little. I think the Cowboys are definitely good enough to win a Super Bowl right now. The problem is they will probably have to play seemingly the best team of all time. If this was a "normal" year without a team AVERAGING over 40 points a game, i think we would be Super Bowl favorites.

Even in 1-2 years, we(or anyone else for that matter)wont be as good as the Pat's are playing right now.

I still think we can beat the Pats. We had them on the ropes but just couldn't cut out the stupid penalties. If we can catch them not playing a perfect game, i still have faith we can upset them. If we beat the Jets and Pack these next 2 games, there will most likely be a rematch in February and we'll see.
Old 11/20/2007, 03:54 PM
Registered Member

I know that the Cowboys are 9-1, but tell me what makes them so good?