Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 09/11/2007, 11:43 AM
Registered Member

Healthypetpete BAD BAD

Well I sold my 2 x tunze 6100 with 2 x suregrip magnet for $550.00 shipped to HEALTHYPETPETE " PETE" living at (blank) 6 th ave in Watervliet, NY.

Payment was received on 08/01/07 but something tells me that there was a problem. So I questioning him about the payment and since he was new to RC with only a few post. Well to make it short he promissed making it clear that there was no problem. So I sent him the pumps. He got it on 08/09/07.....everyone was happy. Well last night paypal notified me that Erica Phillips works at University of R. Island claiming the charge was unauthorized.

I responded to via her e-mail a few times ( the same e-mail address she/he used to sent payment ) no respond from her or him. He has been banned her on RC, so I can't PM him.

Anyways, anyone know anything about them please let me know. Mod if you know Pete e-mail address use to registered here on RC, please inform me about it so I can get a hold of him.

But look like he is pulling a scam on me, using his wife/girl friend e-mail/name/account.
Old 09/11/2007, 04:14 PM
Moved In

We can't give out that kind of information. I'd involve the police myself.

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 09/11/2007, 04:30 PM
Registered Member

DC- I understand, I will wait to see what paypal has to say about their investigation.

we need a vacation and Watervliet NY is on my mind right now.
Old 09/11/2007, 06:51 PM
Moved In

Good luck.

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 09/11/2007, 11:05 PM
Registered Member

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...readid=1175060

we found the dude, arrested !!
Old 09/12/2007, 10:15 AM
Rubberman

That was last year. Look at the date of the update not the bolded print on the page you linked. Or the PR from the DA.

http://www.rensco.com/execoffice_pre...lay.asp?id=335

SteveU
Old 09/12/2007, 10:36 AM
Registered Member

steve I know I seen that date and it was questionable.
Old 09/12/2007, 05:50 PM
Benevolent Dictator

Quote:
Originally posted by chaffey
steve I know I seen that date and it was questionable.
nothing questionable about it.... he was charged and served 1 year in Jail. Got out this year and got a job at Healthy Pet Center in North Greenbush NY.....
Old 09/12/2007, 10:53 PM
Registered Member

Okay, I am calling for all the member here that got burned by Peter. I got an e-mail from his co-worker, the one he used e-mail/plus credit to paid for all of his aquarium purchased.

This was Peter's respond
"First of all, any threats from here on out will be flat out ignored. Second of all, what other email did you try me at? I have no other email. Thirdly, it was not ME that said it was unauthorized, hence my name not being removed. A friend of mine let me use her card, then when her dad saw the bill she panicked and told him I stole it. He called Visa and said it was unauthorized. They are investigating right now and when they figure out that she DID let me use the card (she verified with Visa) then you WILL get your money.

Pete"

removed

So far another member has e-mailed me, he also a victim. I will give peter until friday to respond or to send me back my stuff, he burned me $550

Last edited by mhurley; 09/13/2007 at 02:41 PM.
Old 09/13/2007, 08:48 AM
Registered Member

OKAY, can there be a bigger looser!
Old 09/13/2007, 02:02 PM
Registered Member

okay, I just want everyone to know I just spoke to captain Robert from NGPD, he well aware of Peter. We are building a case on him or his friend.

I also THANK YOU for all the members that PM and gave me additional information on this case. Peter or Erica I don't care who, but all I need is proof that ERICA let Peter use her credit to make the purchased.

AGAIN THANK YOU....Peter if you are reading this....[violation]

Last edited by mhurley; 09/13/2007 at 02:36 PM.
Old 09/13/2007, 02:35 PM
RC Admin

And now this thread is closed.

"So, Mike was right." - MalHavoc