Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/30/2007, 07:04 PM
Premium Member

anenome split

this was sold to me as a bubbletip and ive had it well over a year.this is the second time in about a 2 month period that it has split.first time the clone moved lower and is a little bleached i feed once a week.this time i was able to get one of the 2 and i put in my fuge.how often should i try to feed or leave it be for awhile.is that normal to split so quick??no major changes and all parameters are good.

you can see where it is alittle bleached.will it color up like the original?thanks for the help jimmer
Old 12/30/2007, 09:59 PM
Registered Member

Most wait about a week or so after a split before feeding to give the mouth to fully form. I feed mine 2 to 3 times a week, the more you feed them the faster they grow.(they look good)
Old 12/30/2007, 10:29 PM
Premium Member

thanks snakeman this is first time i have been able to see it happening.so the mouth actually tears in half??started splitting before i went to bed and when i got up i was only able to get one of them out and into the fuge.part of it looked pretty mangled but seems to be doing ok.ill wait a few before offering food thanks
jimmer
Old 12/30/2007, 10:40 PM
Registered Member

Your Anemone must be a clone from mine our mine from your, Becuase mine was also sold to me as a bubbletip and it looks just like yours and has never should any bubbles on its tips in the five years I had it it has split three our four times! Thats cool man.
Old 12/30/2007, 11:44 PM
Registered Member

I have had my GBTA's split 6 or 7 times. They generally show thier bubbles for about a week or two, then they go back looking like yours do. The only other time mine will show their bubbles is if I move them to a different tank with slightly different parameters sometimes they will show their bubbles for a while.
My sons GBTA's always show their bubbles and his do not grow nearly as larage as mine do. My largest is about 15 -18 inches in diameter.
Old 12/31/2007, 12:42 AM
Premium Member

mine was pretty big before it split.never showed any bubble since i had it