Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/13/2004, 12:30 PM
T.O. = F.U.

Quote:
Originally posted by bulldog12
Well the Panthers basically beat the Rams without Stephen Davis so if all goes well they shouldn't have to much trouble with Philly. Listen, not trying to bad mouth Philly here because you are right McNabb is one of the best QBs but as a team Carolina holds the upper hand in my opinion. Guess we will see Sunday.
The Rams couldn't even beat the Lions with homefield on the line. I rams a worthless, partially because of the incompetent coach, partially because they have huge egos. They will have no real chance of going anywhere in the playoffs in the future unless they make huge changes.
The panthers barely beat the rams that couldn't beat the Lions. The rams didn't play much better than their loss to detroit and you still barely won. Your other win was the Cowboys, the peewee league cowboys.

And yes on paper the Panthers beat the eagles, but honestly on paper who doesn't????? The eagles are not a stat team, they allow a lot of yards rushing, qb rating mediocre, defense alright, but wait record NUMBER 1. That is the paper stat that matters. As you could tell McNabb could care less whether you think Favre is better, anyone is better he just wants his team to win and will make it happen.

Other than the Panther Cowboy game this game should be the next highest margin of defeat in the playoffs. The panthers just aren't that good.
Old 01/14/2004, 01:36 AM
Registered Member

Schism,

I hope you don't have to eat those words come Sunday. We will see.
Old 01/18/2004, 11:43 PM
T.O. = F.U.

I won't eat any words. My Eagles lost due to three things. TERRIBLE wide receivers, the couldn't run their routes or catch the ball. A Cheap shot to McNabb when he was heating up. Totally unnecessay and it took them out of the game completely. And finally officials with their head stuck up their a$ses.
You guys will enjoy a sever butt woopen in houston, but good job and good luck (your gonna need it!)
Old 01/18/2004, 11:56 PM
Registered Member

My reaction to that:

1. Wide receivers are what makes a good offense, if they are no good well the team is no good.

2. Definitely agreed on the cheat shot. But in his defense it is extremely hard to stop on a dime when wanting to put out a big hit. But I really don't think it would have made a difference. Just my opinion.

3. Officials did not have any bad calls. Don't know what you are talking about. Would you like to explain. For example the Steve Smith's catch was fair, I would assume that is what you mean.

I agree they will have a big game ahead of them but momentum in football goes a long way.

Carolina all the way!!!!!!!!
Old 01/19/2004, 01:07 AM
Reefer

Quote:
Originally posted by Schism
I won't eat any words.
...perhaps not but you did get rid of that Eagles avatar and the SuperBowl-XXXVIII-Champion-declaration in a hurry.
Old 01/19/2004, 01:10 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 3_high_low
...perhaps not but you did get rid of that Eagles avatar and the SuperBowl-XXXVIII-Champion-declaration in a hurry.

I noticed that too. Must not have much team dedication.
Old 01/19/2004, 08:53 AM
Registered Member

Yes, Philly's wide receivers sucked, but that is no big surprise.

Two, the cheap shot was a marginal at best. It was not obvious that he was touched down (other than by grabbing his shoe lace) so the play was allowed to continue. If you're going to play football, learn to take a hit.

Ah yes, blame the officials, it is always their fault for a teams loss.
Old 01/19/2004, 09:12 AM
Premium Member

bulldog12
know you were pumped up yesterday. I'm a giants fan but pull for the panthers as long as they don't play my gmen

but if I can jump in here about yesterdays game....Lets not make excuses for the eagles they just flat out got beat in every aspect of that game. Mcnabb was not paying like he normally does and the hit was some what cheap but mcnabb wasn't playing that good even up till that point.... the INT's killed philly....deuce played well but he couldn't carry the team....at times the eagles offensive line protected the qb and when they didn't he paid for it....

eagles reminded me of buffalo about 12 years ago.....I didn't see much bad officiating..

the eagles just got beat....

but the panthers are going to have a battle playing the pats.

Git-r-done...
Old 01/19/2004, 08:34 PM
T.O. = F.U.

Quote:
Originally posted by PaintGuru
Two, the cheap shot was a marginal at best. It was not obvious that he was touched down (other than by grabbing his shoe lace) so the play was allowed to continue. If you're going to play football, learn to take a hit.

Ah yes, blame the officials, it is always their fault for a teams loss.
There is a rule that is strongly enforced in the NFL its specifically the protection of a DEFENSELESS PLAYER. A guy laying on the ground, would you call him defenseless??? It doesn't matter if he was touched down or not. It qualifies as a cheap shot when the guy is laying on the ground, needing if you didn't think he was down a nice little tap, but the cheap shot is piling into him rolling him over. How would it feel to have a 300lb guy using your rib cage as a spring? It was ridiculous and you are a total idiot if you think it was legal or called for. If you don't care about the game and just want to see a team win, it was great, otherwise it was total bull$hit.

Blame the officials, well normally I never look at officials. Their human and make mistakes, but there is something terribly wrong with the officials changing the way the game is played. When a wide receiver had his pads hanging out of his jersey and he never hit the ground, he was held, but according to those officials no.

Yes my avatar is gone, team dedication, umm your an idiot. I changed the title as it would have been stupid considering their season is over. Come on people get a clue! As for team dedication, I wore their Jacket today, I am more dedicated as a fan than you will ever know.

lilbuddy,
you didn't see much bad officiating??? What game were you watching, both games were called poorly yesterday...
How bout the touchback, illegal touching placed on the 8, or the steve smith fumble they called, overturned, of the catch freddie mitchell made, called wrong, and the pinkston missed call for holding when he was thrown literally to the ground, or the offensive interference call on pinkston that was bogus, at best, and especially the unnecessary roughness not called for hitting a defenseless player. And those are just the bad calls that are on the tip of my tongue. THere are plenty others. Only 1 bad call was made against the panthers, the fumble. Every other call as terribly against the Eagles. Oh and if you want to say it was a legal hit on McNabb is was poor officiating not to blow the whistle, he was down, he shoe wasn't on his foot.
Even Collinsworth and Aikman, two idiots if I've ever seen one saw the calls and were commenting, and they hate the Eagles.. You people are blind if you didn't see them.
Old 01/19/2004, 09:57 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Schism
There is a rule that is strongly enforced in the NFL its specifically the protection of a DEFENSELESS PLAYER. A guy laying on the ground, would you call him defenseless??? It doesn't matter if he was touched down or not. It qualifies as a cheap shot when the guy is laying on the ground, needing if you didn't think he was down a nice little tap, but the cheap shot is piling into him rolling him over. How would it feel to have a 300lb guy using your rib cage as a spring? It was ridiculous and you are a total idiot if you think it was legal or called for. If you don't care about the game and just want to see a team win, it was great, otherwise it was total bull$hit.

Blame the officials, well normally I never look at officials. Their human and make mistakes, but there is something terribly wrong with the officials changing the way the game is played. When a wide receiver had his pads hanging out of his jersey and he never hit the ground, he was held, but according to those officials no.

Yes my avatar is gone, team dedication, umm your an idiot. I changed the title as it would have been stupid considering their season is over. Come on people get a clue! As for team dedication, I wore their Jacket today, I am more dedicated as a fan than you will ever know.

lilbuddy,
you didn't see much bad officiating??? What game were you watching, both games were called poorly yesterday...
How bout the touchback, illegal touching placed on the 8, or the steve smith fumble they called, overturned, of the catch freddie mitchell made, called wrong, and the pinkston missed call for holding when he was thrown literally to the ground, or the offensive interference call on pinkston that was bogus, at best, and especially the unnecessary roughness not called for hitting a defenseless player. And those are just the bad calls that are on the tip of my tongue. THere are plenty others. Only 1 bad call was made against the panthers, the fumble. Every other call as terribly against the Eagles. Oh and if you want to say it was a legal hit on McNabb is was poor officiating not to blow the whistle, he was down, he shoe wasn't on his foot.
Even Collinsworth and Aikman, two idiots if I've ever seen one saw the calls and were commenting, and they hate the Eagles.. You people are blind if you didn't see them.
I bet you spent all day writing this didn't you.

Go Panthers!!!!!
Old 01/19/2004, 11:03 PM
Reefer

Schism,

It was all the refs fault. The Eagles actually out-played the Panthers. The refs caused the interceptions, the dropped passes, the missed blocks. etc....It was all the refs fault. Now how foolish is that?

You're sounding just like a Raider fan.
Old 01/20/2004, 12:37 AM
Registered Member

Meanwhile, our New Orleans Saints continue to be a farm team for the other teams in the league. We are so glad to see our former backup quarterback take you guys to the Super Bowl while we continue to watch Aaron Brooks fumble every other play and grin from ear to ear with each interception. Would you buy into it if we said Jake was just a loaner and we want him back next year?
Old 01/20/2004, 12:38 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by yzthumpa
Meanwhile, our New Orleans Saints continue to be a farm team for the other teams in the league. We are so glad to see our former backup quarterback take you guys to the Super Bowl while we continue to watch Aaron Brooks fumble every other play and grin from ear to ear with each interception. Would you buy into it if we said Jake was just a loaner and we want him back next year?
Don't think Jake would come back for anything!!!
Old 01/20/2004, 02:45 PM
T.O. = F.U.

Quote:
Originally posted by 3_high_low
Schism,

It was all the refs fault. The Eagles actually out-played the Panthers. The refs caused the interceptions, the dropped passes, the missed blocks. etc....It was all the refs fault. Now how foolish is that?

You're sounding just like a Raider fan.
There is a reason the Eagles lose every year about this time. It is the officiating and there is damn good reason. If you haven't noticed the eagles receivers are well toothpicks to be generous. In the regular season they don't get manhandled on every play without penalties. This joke of 'not influencing the outcome of the game' the NFL imposes on the referees causes them to not make the same calls they normally do. This is the problem. These receivers are well, easily bullied. They get manhandled and they try to do too much every play. Yes causing interceptions. If you didn't noticed not a single interception happened by ANY fault of the quarterback. Every single time it was because the receiver ran the wrong route. Regular season this doesn't happen, and happens every postseason game.
Referees fault? thats up to you, but it DOES influence the way the game is played. Is that fair? no. Its a novel idea to not influence the game by penalties, but when you cannot have a passing game because of this, you are influencing the game, just not as directly.
I never said the Eagles outplayed anyone, nor did they have much chance too. The referees and NFL allow a different game in the postseason, the Eagles and their receivers aren't built for a new game. They also allow Favors to take free shots at a downed quarterback, their fault no question. His shoes off, protect him, he's down. That was the game in an instant. They were starting to play well driving the ball, and suddenly, bad move, cheap shot, game over. Is that the reason a team should be knocked out, or win? I don't think so.
High low, say Brady gets knocked out next week by a similar cheap shot not controlled by the referees, then your backup throws 3 interceptions will you be upset at the call? Your lying if you say no.
I normally would say nothing regarding calls, as they are human, but the calls were 100% one sided and did effect the outcome of the game by allowing McNabb to be hurt. Its takes a simple whistle blow when he's on the ground and not moving to blow it dead. I have absolutely zero question in my mind that the outcome of the game would have been drastically different if that play had not occured, bad calls and all.

BTW what are everyones superbowl predictions? Im guessing a blowout, something like 34 to 10 Pats win. The Panthers could barely score on the Eagles with a beat up, marginal defense, I think they will be extremely luck to score twice against the pats D. And Given how well Staley ran on their 'invincible' D line Smith should enable the pats to run over the Panthers as much or more as they did the Colts.
I'm still amazed the Panthers made it this far, they just aren't that good of a team. The pats are the legitimate superbowl team.