Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Propagated Corals & Tank Raised Livestock Selling
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06/20/2006, 11:44 AM
Registered Member

No you didn't pay for overnight look at the shipping label!Produce a shipping label that shows that box scheduled for overnight delivery! You can't. Quit blaming everyone else and take some responsibility for your actions! I see you intend to do nothing about the situation but make excuses. Far as where the other rics are, I would like to know too. That's how I make my living is by buying 5 at a time and selling them and then trying to get my money back. Give it a rest!
Old 06/20/2006, 04:00 PM
Guardian of Little People

I would suggest everyone interested get the seller's email address, because after ignoring my warning his account will shortly be suspended.

Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant
Old 06/20/2006, 04:16 PM
Premium Member

I just saw your warning on another post. I am not here to rip anyone off. I have had so many good trades and sales on here. Out of the many 2 have not been good. Ask the other guys I shipped corals to how they are doing. I shipped an ORA tort to San Jose, CA and it got there without a hitch. When I checked the usps website for next day delivery, it said as long as I had the package to the po by 5pm on Wednesday it would make it Guthrie, OK the next day by 3pm. I paid for express mail and there was no mention to me that it was not goint to be there the next day. The po worker wrote it on the tag. I shipped 3 other packages that day and they all made it the next day, but his. Not only was it one day late, but 2. Once I ship it, I have no control over the po.

Big Trouble in Little China...
Old 06/20/2006, 04:26 PM
Guardian of Little People

I have no interest in the results of your transactions. I do, however, have an interest in personal attacks and violations of the User Agreement.

Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant
Old 06/21/2006, 11:41 AM
Premium Member

Am I not being personally attacked?
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...hreadid=867794
Should I just sit by and thank everyone for calling me a crook when I did nothing wrong?

Big Trouble in Little China...
Old 06/21/2006, 11:49 AM
Registered Member

I've been using express mail to ship coral in the last few weeks and have found and been told by USPS that Express Next day doesn’t necessary mean next day. It will depend on the area and how populated it is. Basically if you were in the boonies it would take 2 days to deliver. I bought a skimmer from another reefer a few months ago and good old USPS took 6 weeks to deliver it. Thank god the seller got a tracking number or I’d be out a skimmer. Even with the tracking number USPS had a dang hard time finding the package. I’m not siding with the seller or buy in anyway, just thought I’d share my experience USPS.
Old 06/21/2006, 01:04 PM
Yep, that's our sailfin!

i cant believe you rc staffers are letting him get away with this. This is ridiculous lets keep this thread bumped to keep people informed!

90g SPS Reef
our myReef is currently offline

Old 06/21/2006, 01:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Conceyted
i cant believe you rc staffers are letting him get away with this. This is ridiculous lets keep this thread bumped to keep people informed!
I was thinking the exact SAME THING.
Old 06/21/2006, 02:16 PM
Registered Member

No Deals Are Perfect

Well I will say this. I bought the chiller it came as promised when promised and will buy from this guy again. I know I'm new but have been an Ebayer since the start and know a thing or two about bs sellers and I can say this guy IS NOT ONE OF THEM.

Enough Said.

Mr.Wags
Old 06/21/2006, 04:25 PM
Registered Member

My comment isnt about the fact he's a honest seller or not .It's about some of his replies to people calling people idiots,telling them to pull their head out of certain places. I wouldnt think of doing business with someone with an attitude like that . Anyway Im sure the mods will take a look.
Old 06/21/2006, 06:11 PM
Registered Member

Alright guys. I have purchased over $500 worth of goods from this guy. Everything was as described. He was very helpful. I am trying to help him out as everyone seems to be bashing him. Once again, people that havent done any transactions with this guy, please keep your opinions to yourself (ahem: NiTr0x911, Conceyted). I realize you can read other posts and get a feeling for this guys attitude but you don't need to be posting negative comments about him. Everybody CAN READ all of his posts and can judge for themselves whether they wish to purchase from him. They don't need any assistance from others opinions, especially people that havent purchased from him and just want to jump on the band wagon and post negative stuff. Overall he is a quality seller and I will leave it at that. Please, if you havent purchased from this guy, please don't post. If you have purchased something from him, BY ALL MEANS, let us know how everything went. Cheers

Sean
Old 06/21/2006, 06:36 PM
Registered Member

Old 06/21/2006, 09:20 PM
Registered Member

so what did you buy from this guy DeepReefs?
Old 06/21/2006, 09:27 PM
Registered Member

Actually now that I think about it, will a moderator please close this thread. People have no right posting stuff in the for sale thread unless they are wanting to purchase something or have a comment about what they have purchased. Deepreefs obviously has never purchased anything he just wants to post his feelings. CLOSE THE THREAD. People are just posting crap like " ". Shut this down, it's going nowhere.
Old 06/21/2006, 10:18 PM
Registered Member

smcdonn, i've had nothing to do with him either, but you have NO right telling anyone what to say...PERIOD. This is a community and we look out for each other and if someone is getting screwed then we all care. Just because i've had 0 transactions with him doesn't mean I can't judge his credibility openly. I'm sorry but anyone who says that that glue spot is a zoa eating starfish has NO CREDIBILITY.

-Niels Bohr
Old 06/21/2006, 10:51 PM
Registered Member

UMMMMMMMMMMM........Did I tell somebody to say something? NO I did not. I am telling people that posting there feelings (especially negative ones) about a user they know nothing about other than what others have posted should not be tolerated? Have you had a chance to deal with this person? Did you recieve the rock with the so called glue spot? NO you did not. So WHY do you think you can judge his credibility? Because you can post what somebody else has? Get with the program. Post useful information not others experiences. Cheers guys
Old 06/21/2006, 11:01 PM
Moved On

smcdonn, you a friend of his?

Even if someone hasn't had a physical transaction with this guy, just by his postings and having to read his ignorance is enough for someone to judge him and his credibility. Maybe if he was a little more mature with his answers to someones questions or statements or tried to work with his customers that HAVE had a bad experience with him he would get a little more respect.

You can't expect people to be pleasant about the transaction they have had with him if his answers/comments are the way they are. The 'guy' needs to grow up and learn to face his responsibilities.

-Mike C.
Old 06/22/2006, 07:47 AM
Registered Member

I just want to put in a GOOD word for mcanavan69. I received drygoods from him (SQWD & pumps) - they were in excellent, clean shape and the packaging was perfect. Also, he responded to all of my emails very promptly. I would definitely buy from him again.

My .02
Old 06/22/2006, 08:17 AM
Registered Member

the test of someones charactor is not when everything is going good. It is how the person handles themselves when there is a problem.
For the record:
i don't think mcanavan69 set out to send me junk. The problem i have with him is the fact that we discussed it and he said he would refund the money for one of the two reactors. when the money never showed up i asked him if he had sent it. he responded with an attitude. he never has given me an explaination as to why he went from yes i will send the money to "yeah, well....." it was only $20. I think the way he has handled himself says alot about the type of person that he is. That is why i posted about the situation. he has been a member for a long time. i am sure he has had some good transactions over the years. However you are responsible for all of your actions and comments, not just the good ones.
Old 06/22/2006, 09:00 AM
Registered Member

Exactly cbell! Anybody can make a mistake or have a bad turn of events. That is just life. How it is handled when something happens is what brings out a person's true character or intentions. A lot of people work that way. When everyone is watching and there are those involved that know you it is easy to do the right thing.

When you see a person's true character, he is 500 miles away from home and there is not a soul around that knows him.

In my experiences, MONEY always tends to show the smallest crack in a person's foundation.
Old 06/22/2006, 09:22 AM
Registered Member

ZURCSREEF, I agree with you as I slipped up in my last posting. I didn't mean to say,"So WHY do you think you can judge his credibility". That should have said, "Why do you feel it is OK to post negative stuff about a user when you haven't even had a single transaction with this person". I totally agree that everyone CAN judge this person about what he has posted. All I'm asking is that everyone keep it to themselves unless you can post about a transaction you had. Posting things such as "I can't believe you moderators are letting him get away with this". What are the moderators supposed to do? Drive to his house? All I'm saying is that these kinds of posts are irrelevant to the thread and should not be tolerated. We need to stick to the facts on the thread and keep out opinions in our head. Cheers. BTW, No, I am not this guys friend, just a satisfied customer
Old 07/04/2006, 08:30 PM
Registered Member

Thanks mark for hooking me up with an awsome deal. The corals are doing great. Also the metal halide works great thanks for the extra bulbs.