Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Delaware Valley Reef Club (DVRC)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/08/2008, 07:28 AM
Sps Junkie

Thanks guys,

Jim, yes the hippo has been in the tank roughly now about 8 months.
Ribs-She is eating very well and I am glad she is because since I took that photo the coral is already looking better health wise. You can't see the skeleton anymore, so that is a good sign.

A1lamp, I wouldn't go that far to say "drool" over it! LOL. Its nice but I am sure others will agree its no TOTM that's for sure...... However I think to keep me in the game if I do go with a bigger tank with the house move, I am going to do things a little differently on that tank.....

Old 01/08/2008, 07:37 PM
Sps Junkie

Well here are three more clearer photos. Side shots and front.

Left

Center

Off center

Right side

Old 01/08/2008, 07:44 PM
Registered Member

Sal thats just FFF.....n nuts heh
did you just glue the frags to the overflow?
was thinkin of how to attach some things to the overflow and ontop of my CL intakes
Old 01/08/2008, 07:59 PM
Sps Junkie

Tom,

Got your PM, Thanks. Glad to hear you were able to get the new tank you wanted! Over time it will be too small thought! LOL JK! At least mine is now....

I just glued them there. The zoo's are already spreading all over it. The orange cap is encrusted to it. I need to move the large cap on the left to a new home. I have a 3" piece on the overflow so I really don't need the big one, however I just picked up a Vortech and it opened up the tank now that the hydor's are out of it. So much more room.

Happy Reefing bro!

Sal.
Old 01/08/2008, 08:14 PM
Registered Member

yeah me and the kids where sitting at the dinner table tonite thinking.... it would be cool if the tank ran the ENTIRE length of the wall.
dammit now i need a 200g tank heh.
need to get the kids to cry on queue when i ask the wife.

i am finally getting excited now that my acros are coloring up.
Old 01/08/2008, 08:50 PM
Sps Junkie

That is great news. Also don't be afraid to buy brown ones if you see a good deal on them at the LFS. As long as they aren't dead they will color back up. Allot of my nice pieces morphed into jems......

Here is a good example.

Now...

Also my aquadelight and these photos do NOT do this coral justice. Trust me. Its a gorgeous coral in person.... I will be fragging soon and I ask that if anyone wants a piece of this to come see it for themselves.

When I got it.

Now and again much better in person!!!!
Old 01/08/2008, 08:53 PM
Indiana Jones Of SPS

Sal time to remove the caps and Digis and get some LE corals

Love the colors!!!

kep an eye on the flow now. I almost blasted a few away after a few days. My bottle brush started to RTN on the back of the colony. I was able to move it and save t.

DVRC Vice President
Old 01/08/2008, 09:10 PM
Sps Junkie

Well the orange digi isn't going anywhere! Its totally encrusted to the rock.

The caps I do want to move. I am going to list them and hope I can sell them.... Sorry to hear about the Bottle Brush. I will watch them closely. Right now I have the vortech on Lagoon mode so we will have to see how it does. It is on full blast though
Old 01/08/2008, 09:17 PM
Indiana Jones Of SPS

Quote:
Originally posted by spankey
Well the orange digi isn't going anywhere! Its totally encrusted to the rock.

The caps I do want to move. I am going to list them and hope I can sell them.... Sorry to hear about the Bottle Brush. I will watch them closely. Right now I have the vortech on Lagoon mode so we will have to see how it does. It is on full blast though
you will be amazed how much light the caps take away from the other corals and how much flow you will get when they go.

So full power??? wow I had a wave when I turned mine up . I had to throw a life preserver out to my tangs

DVRC Vice President
Old 01/08/2008, 09:35 PM
TOTM 2010

you sellin' the caps? If so give me a pm.....
Old 01/08/2008, 10:10 PM
Sps Junkie

Yeah I think I might. Interested???? The purple cap is swirling or growing inside the orange one. It will turn out to be really cool looking.

I would let the entire pieces combined go for $100 even if you want them. The orange is about 10" left to right and about 8" front to back. You can see it, it is the entire left side of my overflow area.... Really a nice show piece...

Its yours if you want them. Orange and purple....
Old 01/09/2008, 08:51 PM
Registered Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by spankey
[B]That is great news. Also don't be afraid to buy brown ones if you see a good deal on them at the LFS. As long as they aren't dead they will color back up. Allot of my nice pieces morphed into jems......

good point Sal, i usually just keep moving when i see browned out sps. i guess if i knew what i was really looking at i could judge a good deal on a species. i have been up at A to Z and the acros are really brown and i just let em go, but hmm i got a gift cert for up there so maybe i will pick one up for a change and see what it flowers into.
Old 01/09/2008, 09:00 PM
Registered Member

man i just scrolled back up thru the thread and Sal ur tank is just F 'n nutz
Old 01/09/2008, 10:51 PM
Sps Junkie

Thanks Tom.. Yeah give those corals a shot at AZ believe it or not those are from ORA. They seem to be coming in brown but I think that is due to them going to another holding wholesaler before they go to AZ. I told Al that they should NOT be coming in looking like that straight from ORA. ORA should know about it as they would be quite upset to know this.

I snagged one of those browned ones that turned out to be a gorgeous secale green with purple tips once it colored up. Its one of my nicest pieces honestly...