Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Bay Area - Reefers (BAR)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04/08/2007, 10:33 PM
Registered Member

donations for a reef tank in old folks home

Here's the story My friend manages an old folks home and they have reef tank(it's a jebo)that needs allot of help.I've already done allot of work on it but it still needs a few things.It needs a pump for the sump I'm building and lighting, pc's would be fine ,skimmer and anything else you guys can help with. Oh btw it's a 45gl.My friend doesn't make much money so water changes and fish food is about all she can afford.The old folks would be very greatful to all those that can help.

Thanks-Shawn
Old 04/08/2007, 10:44 PM
Registered Member

WHERE IS IT AT?
Old 04/08/2007, 10:49 PM
Registered Member

pleasant hill/walnutcreek border
Old 04/08/2007, 11:09 PM
Registered Member

I have a Jebo skimmer I'm not using, may have a pump....what kind of GPH does it need? I'm not sure if the stuff I have is here at my house or in Sacramento, I just moved down here and I still have some things up there. I'm hoping to go up tomorrow or Tuesday, then I'd know more of how much I could help.
Old 04/08/2007, 11:27 PM
Registered Member

It already has a jebo skimmer that doesn't work very well. Basically I'm trashing everything but the tank and stand.As for GPH 500 or so.
Old 04/08/2007, 11:34 PM
Registered Member

when i get the rest of my stuff i'll see if i have anything that could help. i haven't used this jebo skimmer it's brand new, (it came with some other stuff i bought), but when i did a google search on it all i found was that after a few weeks to get "broke in" they worked great? I'm new still and very inexperienced, do skimmers need cleaned, other than the collection cup?
Old 04/10/2007, 08:09 PM
Registered Member

just wanted to let you know i didn't make it up there today. i need to go tomorrow. i'll get back to you.
Old 04/10/2007, 10:14 PM
Registered Member

I bet that Jebo skimmer could work well with a meshmod I have a Custom Sealife 2x96 watt ballast with the wiring harness if youd like. I have a bunch of old bulbs that were given to me that are claimed to have some life left in them. Let me know if youd like the setup. I think the length of the bulbs would be perfect for that tank.
Theo
Old 04/10/2007, 11:42 PM
Registered Member

Maintenance help

I could look in from time to time, as I'm already in that area a lot. Just let me know.
Old 04/17/2007, 01:26 AM
Registered Member

Also needed an overflow box.