Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > The Fish Breeding Forum
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08/26/2007, 09:59 AM
Registered Member

Talking where do you sell your baby clowns? do you keep them?

I was wondering do you keep your fry, or do you sell them.
and if you do sell them..were do you sell them at?
Old 08/26/2007, 11:59 AM
Premium Member

do you have any if so what kind and how big

Jack
Old 08/26/2007, 12:02 PM
Premium Member

do you have any if so what kind and how big at the conventions i see the 1/2 to 1 inch for 10-15$

Jack
Old 08/26/2007, 12:19 PM
Registered Member

I dont have any, as of now. But i have a mated pair of clarkii clowns. I dont think clarkiis are that "famous" i think that the "nemo" is more commen and more people like those right?
or do people like clarkiis as well?

but thanks for the post =)
i could make my tank a breeder right? i only have them and a l/m blenny
3fins

O could i add corals if it were to be a breeder tank?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,but by the moments that take our breath away. ~Unknown

----->Danm My Spel Cheker<---------
Old 08/26/2007, 12:35 PM
Registered Member

3fins, Go to the "I'm a Dad....What now" post in this Forum. There's a url that will help you in trying to raise clowns. Karen Bradley with the Houston club wrote the article. It will help.

If you can get the larvae past 7 - 10 days, you should be home free. Then it's going to be approximately 4 months 'til they're marketable.

Are you a member of DFWMAS, the local area club?
Old 08/26/2007, 04:42 PM
Registered Member

No not yet, =). But My clowns havent even spawned yet. But im hoping they will soon.
But can you sell them ...The thing is , i dont no were to sell them at ( if i do have any babys).
thanks
3fins

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,but by the moments that take our breath away. ~Unknown

Old 08/26/2007, 05:11 PM
Registered Member

The LFS's should buy them. I did have a conversation with DNA, and they would buy them. All that they require is an IRS form which states you sold them the clowns.

Make sure you read that article. I would guess you won't be ready for the 1st batch of eggs. You would have to have rotifer cultures in place and a larval tank. They may not do their thing for awhile. Might be best to let them start spawning knowing you won't be ready. If you just get your equipment together and just wait, you could probably be ready for their 3rd or 4th spawn. Get your culture containers, air pumps, etc.... With you in Dallas, I could get you a starter culture of rotifers. Go through the article. It will tell you what all you'll need.
Old 08/26/2007, 09:36 PM
Registered Member

Hey cool, well im at my moms house witch is near tyler
and i go to my dads (Arlington) on the weekends. Ill talk to my folks about it.
3fins