Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge

Old 12/11/2007, 12:45 AM
That's Mind Bottling !

I will see you soon enough NINA !!!! Don't gimme any static about it either !

I look at her with my head tilted to the side and in a soft voice I just say; You're so pretty !
Old 12/11/2007, 07:13 AM
Simply Complicated

Give him all the static you can muster......it'll be fun!
Old 12/11/2007, 08:09 AM
Registered Member

my stock tank has a 75 gallon propane tank with a big ole heater so the horses always have warm water during the winter.

we are getting more nasty weather today, we may lose power again but this time i'm prepared. i made a quick trip to town yesterday and picked up enough butterfingers and reeses peanut butter cups to last 3 days.

keep your fingers and toes crossed. over the past 2 days, i have crocheted by flashlight till my fingers bled. ack!
Old 12/11/2007, 08:25 AM
Registered Member

oooooh, you forgot m&m's! UH_OH! get out there boy!
Old 12/11/2007, 09:16 AM
Moved In

Quote:
Originally posted by Nina51
my stock tank has a 75 gallon propane tank with a big ole heater so the horses always have warm water during the winter.

we are getting more nasty weather today, we may lose power again but this time i'm prepared. i made a quick trip to town yesterday and picked up enough butterfingers and reeses peanut butter cups to last 3 days.

keep your fingers and toes crossed. over the past 2 days, i have crocheted by flashlight till my fingers bled. ack!
Dang girl..sharing? Hopefully it will be a better day...

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 12/11/2007, 10:00 AM
Registered Member

it's hit 'n' miss, the power has been off and on. more ice coming this way. i'll check in when i can.

i think i forgot to tell you...gary watched over me yesterday. i was burning trash. a HUGE tree covered in ice started popping and cracking. i lit the trash, looked up and saw it coming down. i moved out of the way and it hit about where i had been standing. thank you, sweetie.
Old 12/11/2007, 10:58 AM
Registered Member

silly old woman! stay inside!

Old 12/11/2007, 11:17 PM
That's Mind Bottling !

Quote:
it's hit 'n' miss, the power has been off and on. more ice coming this way. i'll check in when i can.

i think i forgot to tell you...gary watched over me yesterday. i was burning trash. a HUGE tree covered in ice started popping and cracking. i lit the trash, looked up and saw it coming down. i moved out of the way and it hit about where i had been standing. thank you, sweetie.

WOMAN.....I REFUSE TO ATTEND TWO SUCH SERVICES IN WINCHESTER IN THE SAME MONTH !!!!! KEEP YOUR KEESTER INSIDE THE HOUSE ! !!

I look at her with my head tilted to the side and in a soft voice I just say; You're so pretty !
Old 12/11/2007, 11:23 PM
On "The List"

Quote:

I'm sure he was watching over you by letting you notice the tree about to fall....

either that or he wanted you to get him a sammich, toots!

HEY! I lost it first ~CRP

There is no "Brain" in "Brian." ~Beerguy
Old 12/12/2007, 06:25 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by UH_OH_5_OH
WOMAN.....I REFUSE TO ATTEND TWO SUCH SERVICES IN WINCHESTER IN THE SAME MONTH !!!!! KEEP YOUR KEESTER INSIDE THE HOUSE ! !!
ARE YOU COMING HERE WITH JPFELIX TO DO MY CHORES???

toots?? TOOTS???
Old 12/12/2007, 06:51 AM
That's Mind Bottling !

As a matter of fact............YES !

Old 12/12/2007, 07:00 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
As a matter of fact............YES !
toooooo late!!!
Old 12/12/2007, 07:05 AM
Simply Complicated

LMAO, they gotta get up way to early to beat you to the poop huh Nina!

If you wont stay in the house at least stay in the barn with the critters. Nice to see you have power. You got out for a candy run? ** tsk tsk ** You should have picked up marshmellows too
Old 12/12/2007, 03:21 PM
Stop touching me!!!

Nina,

I truly admire the strength and courage you and GAry have demonstrated through this ordeal. You are both very lucky to have had the opportunity to love as you have.
Funny how we are here on this earth such a short time, yet it's so hard to keep the focus on the reality of eternity. I'm looking forward to the day when I get to heaven and can meet Gary in person. If you don't mind, I'd like to keep little milky as is. It'll remind me of Gary going around heaven and gathering up all the good info so he can let ME know how it is up there...

You ARE blessed to have had him and he you!

I know these words are so shallow, but know that you're not alone...
Old 12/12/2007, 03:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Minuteman
Nina,

I truly admire the strength and courage you and GAry have demonstrated through this ordeal. You are both very lucky to have had the opportunity to love as you have.
Funny how we are here on this earth such a short time, yet it's so hard to keep the focus on the reality of eternity. I'm looking forward to the day when I get to heaven and can meet Gary in person. If you don't mind, I'd like to keep little milky as is. It'll remind me of Gary going around heaven and gathering up all the good info so he can let ME know how it is up there...

You ARE blessed to have had him and he you!

I know these words are so shallow, but know that you're not alone...
i find absolutely nothing shallow about words coming from the heart.

please do keep little milky even though it drives other loungers crazy. i, too, look forward to seeing gary again some day. of course, i will know him instantly. since you never met him, you should look for the big strapping guy with a tool belt around his waist, a grin from ear to ear and probably lots of little kids gathered around him begging for a piece of his ever-present hershey bar. if you get there before i do, give him a bear hug for me and tell him i miss him terribly.
Old 12/15/2007, 01:15 AM
That's Mind Bottling !

Quote:
Originally posted by Aliie
** tsk tsk ** You should have picked up marshmellows too

No need Aliie !! I brought two large bags of Marshmellows out with me when I was out there !!!

Those horses were like hookers.....Guy shows up with marshmellows and their like....OOOOH look at him ! Look its our new Sugar Daddy ! !! It was quite embarassing actually ! Even Simon sold his soul for a few of them !

Old 12/15/2007, 06:09 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
No need Aliie !! I brought two large bags of Marshmellows out with me when I was out there !!!

Those horses were like hookers.....Guy shows up with marshmellows and their like....OOOOH look at him ! Look its our new Sugar Daddy ! !! It was quite embarassing actually ! Even Simon sold his soul for a few of them !
yeah and just when i was beginning to actually see simon's waistline! now he's all fat again.
Old 12/15/2007, 11:31 PM
That's Mind Bottling !

Oh Surrrre...blame me for His Royal Rotundness ! ! ! That's not all my doing missy !

Old 12/22/2007, 06:33 PM
Go Sooners!

Nina, I've been away from Reef Central for awhile and when I came back found this thread and read it from start to end and I want you to know that Jen and myself and so sorry for your loss and hope you're ok. Even though I haven't spent much time in the Lounge I feel like I've really grown to know you and Gary. Just know that he's in a better place looking down on you and still in your heart everyday. I'm so sorry

Kerry and Jen
Old 12/22/2007, 07:08 PM
Registered Member

thank you, kerry and thank jen for me. i didn't have a good day today. i can't seem to stop crying. i think reality is finally slapping me upside the head and the thought of never having gary's arms around me again is almost more than i can stand.

i am letting the dogs sleep with me. last night, in the middle of the night, they both decided to curl up next to me. i woke with a start, it almost felt like gary was snuggling with me and oh, it just made me so sad when i realized that was happening only in my dreams.

i talked to a friend today who has suffered a similar loss. she said maybe it really WAS gary snuggling up to me. i'll just tell myself it was another sign from him that he truly is looking down on me and watching over me.
Old 12/23/2007, 10:16 AM
Registered Member

Nina, sorry to hear you had a bad day yesterday. Wish I could fedex an extra big hug your way, and a good Scout smooch- that always puts a smile on my face (and some slobber, too).

Extra prayers and strength being sent your way to help you through the holidays. But you're still the strongest darn woman I've never met!
Old 12/23/2007, 11:06 AM
Registered Member

thanks, cheryl. you wouldn't say that if you had seen me over the past few days. i've been a train wreck. i'll be glad when the holidays are over, it's just not been a fun time this year.

i do think that finding tuffy INSIDE the hay feeder was another sign from gary. he knows i'm not doing so well and he wanted to put a smile on my face. he and tuffy used to plot against me ALL the time!
Old 12/24/2007, 10:10 AM
WTMRAC Bean Counter

Hang in there Nina.

You will work through it in your own time and way. It never goes away, but it does get easier.

Have a good Christmas, even if it can't be "Merry" this year. Try to let the memories of your wonderful Christmases together carry you through.
Old 12/25/2007, 03:02 PM
Premium Member

Merry Christmas and happy new year Nina. God blessed you and your family... Stay strong....
Old 12/25/2007, 09:29 PM
Registered Member

thank you, jar*head. i got through last night and today with the love and help of my wonderful son, his lovely girlfriend and all of gary's family. we cried and laughed and told stories. i even managed to choke down a piece of chocolate cake, in gary's honor.

crpeck, i have SO many fond memories of Christmases with gary. i am truly blessed.