Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Feedback and Questions

Old 08/05/2006, 08:45 AM
Premium Member

why is posting pictures so difficult?

i participate on several other forums that appear to be using the same software. i can upload a photo directly from my HDD. there can be a size or total amt limit which varies from site to site. you could make a difference for premium members vs non paying members or just make it available to all. it is one thing that would make this site even better.

Carl
Old 08/05/2006, 08:59 AM
Team RC Member

Uploading a picture in photobucket and then copy and post the IMG tag isn't that hard. In case you haven't seen this:

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...5&pagenumber=1
Old 08/05/2006, 10:24 AM
Reefer

You can do that in your gallery, subject to some size limitations. Click on your gallery icon (the one that looks like a camera in your post header) and there's an Upload Photos link on the top/right side of the page. You can then use the IMG tag to show photos from your gallery in your posts.
Old 08/05/2006, 10:28 AM
RC Admin

Re: why is posting pictures so difficult?

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7883251#post7883251 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by carloskoi
i can upload a photo directly from my HDD. there can be a size or total amt limit which varies from site to site. you could make a difference for premium members vs non paying members or just make it available to all. it is one thing that would make this site even better.
Carl,

Maybe I'm missing what you are saying, but you can do exactly what you suggest on RC. A couple of the benefits of Premium Membership (as you already are) are:

# Increased picture storage space from 2 MB to 5 MB
# Increased picture size limits from 50 KB to 100 KB

Those size limitations are for your gallery storage here on RC.

Does that help?

"So, Mike was right." - MalHavoc