Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/18/2007, 07:57 PM
Registered Member

go make a profile at photobucket.com and upload ur pics, then take the image code and paste it in the thread just where u type...dont upload through the forum

And hurry up the tank looks pretty awesome and i wanna see it
Old 09/18/2007, 08:36 PM
Registered Member

Let's see if I got this bigger.....
Old 09/18/2007, 10:33 PM
Registered Member

very nice tanks everyone
Old 09/18/2007, 10:46 PM
Registered Member

Beautiful work, Lindy. Can you post 3 more shots for us? We're choosing the 5 finalists by Thursday evening.

Where were all these tanks last month! Thanks to all of those who entered. Not one tank here has been ruled out of the final five. Only 2 days left to submit, so keep em coming...
Old 09/19/2007, 07:13 AM
Registered Member

Thank you and Yeah, I'll be posting my official contest entrys tonight. I loaned my camera and have to get it back.
Old 09/19/2007, 04:36 PM
Registered Member

Last edited by BecomesOcean; 09/19/2007 at 05:09 PM.
Old 09/19/2007, 05:08 PM
Registered Member

Here's my hopefully not-sucky Aquapod. Recently redid the aquascape with four total rocks - pretty proud of that. Been going for 15 months. 150 watt HQI plus a 70 watt HQI. Running skimmerless right now... On with the pics, I suppose.

FTS

Old 09/19/2007, 07:14 PM
Registered Member

My BC 29

K well, mine's a BC 29 with upgraded pump (RIo 6HF). I replaced the bioballs with a fuge (just LR rubble, chaeto, and Culerpa) in the back middle chamber and mounted a light for algea to grow. I have the four 36 W bulb upgrade from nanotuners (one 10K, one purple act, one 50/50, and one blue act.) I don't run any chemicals, just the fuge. Water changes are every 2 weeks religiously. I house only one Randall Goby and 2 Cleaner Shrimp amongst various CUC. Supposed to be gettin my McCosker's Flasher Wrasse and Tailspot Blenny this week. Wooo- HOoo. Hope ya like it.
[IMG][/IMG]
My FTS
[IMG][/IMG]
The SPS corner, they love the wave effect and the constant flow over here. Oh yes, and I grew the pom-pom xenia in the backround from a 1/4 stump, it was a salvage, kinda proud of that one.
[IMG][/IMG]
My mushroom/ LPS side, the torch was a salvage also.
[IMG][/IMG]
Lastly, my clamy. I was worried he wouldn't like it in my tank with only PC but I feed him live algea and he has been happy as can be, and has nearly doubled in size in the past few months.
Old 09/20/2007, 01:23 PM
Registered Member

i doubt your clam doubled in size in the past few months place him as close as to the lights as possible.
Old 09/20/2007, 01:38 PM
Registered Member

hmmmm, well, I bought it at about an inch and a half, maybe 2 inches and he darn sure doesn't look that size to me now. Don't get me wrong, I am not one of those people who just buys things to let them die or put them in an environment that is not right for them, my LFS is very good and said that 5wpg is enough for this type of clam. I also have a 90 G with roughly 8 wpg MH for things to go to if they ever look unhappy. Just a little caught off guard by your comment as I watch my tank extremely closely and do everything I can to make sure everything is "happy."
Old 09/20/2007, 04:46 PM
Registered Member

uh oh........

What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
-Ron Burgundy-
Old 09/20/2007, 05:39 PM
B-Boy AZTEC

easy now.... don't go by wpg its is misleading, its all about light penetration which PC are really poor at 5wpg PC vs 5wpg MH is 2 totally dif monsters lets not make this a argument thread though lets keep it going more pics!!! i know i have seen some nanos that are just ridiculous! great pictures everyone!!
Old 09/20/2007, 07:02 PM
Registered Member

Totally agreed. Can't wait to see where this whole NTOTM contest goes. Is there a thread or a place that we can go to see contest entrys from previous month's contests? I love seeing other tanks!
Old 09/20/2007, 07:08 PM
Registered Member

Here you go, lindyck.

Last Month's Contest

Last chance to submit entries is 9pm PACIFIC time tonight!
Old 09/20/2007, 08:18 PM
Registered Member

im excited to see who gets entered!!!

What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
-Ron Burgundy-
Old 09/20/2007, 09:16 PM
Registered Member

Oh my gosh, the tanks from last month are freaking awesome! I am going to surely start workin on gettin some MH lighting after seeing those tanks. I really like the look of my BC with the hood though and don't at all want to go topless with a Flasher Wrasse. Does anyone know anything about the MH kit from Nano Tuners? LIke does it run super hot? I can't imagine having a light like that encased in the factory splash guard without melting the plastic. Hmmmmm, got some thinkin to do I guess. Good luck to everyone!
Old 09/20/2007, 09:53 PM
Registered Member

get yourself a 150w sunpod and get rid of the top on the cube...thats what i would do
Old 09/21/2007, 07:05 AM
Registered Member

VOTING HAS BEGUN!

This contest is now closed for new entries.

Vote for your favorite tank now!

Thanks to all those who participated.